You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I caused a riot because someone put their mate on asking for a decent fella and I put "single mother? No thanks" and it all went off. Nothing against single mums I just thought it'd be funny and it was.

ebef79d41b22e6197d00391f0549f1c7.jpg

b69808a946358d1556778222d5c11acb.jpg

Fucking evertonian single ma's

The post has gone now unfortunately but it was along the lines of "my m8 is dead sexy and funny and wants a fella with a big *aubergine emoji* who understands HER SON COMZ 1ST!!111"

Someone needs to get on to Social Services about that. Fucking noncey bastards. 

• Upvote 4

Surprised at the lack of talk about Sturridge leaving. I thought that was a dead cert but is there actually a chance he might stay here and be a high-waged impact sub?

I've been thinking the same and I'm already falling into the annual trap of thinking that this might be a good thing and that it might work out.

Anyway, getting rid of him without a like-for-like, proven replacement would leave us in a worse position than we were in last season.

I've been thinking the same and I'm already falling into the annual trap of thinking that this might be a good thing and that it might work out.

Anyway, getting rid of him without a like-for-like, proven replacement would leave us in a worse position than we were in last season.

Yeah, it makes me feel uneasy too but then there's a difference between going into the season in the knowledge that his role will be a high-quality back-up than the expectation being that he'll be the main man. Maybe this will help him avoid injuries (don't laugh) and also take a bit of pressure off him. I've always felt that he's not really cut out mentally for the job of being someone who's relied on to be the main man. Obviously his high wage is a big issue here but saying that we've been paying him that for practically nothing for a few years anyway. Ultimately, it'll probably come down to Klopp I guess but there's definitely a lack of links with him going when I thought that type of thing would be rife by now. Early days too of course. I'm not a massive fan of Sturridge (not his footbaling ability, which I do like, even allowing for his lack of pace nowadays) but I'm coming round the the idea of him staying in that type of role.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool have rejected a bid of £11m from Napoli for left-back Alberto Moreno, according to various sources.

Multiple outlets are reporting the news, which would suggest that the information has been leaked by the club or Moreno’s agent.

Liverpool are prepared to sell Moreno, who has fallen out of favour under Jurgen Klopp, but want a £15m transfer fee.

That said, many Liverpool supporters will be surprised that Napoli’s offer has been rejected, given that Moreno clearly has no future at Anfield.

According to Chris Bascombe in the Daily Telegraph, Moreno’s former club Sevilla are also considering making a bid for Moreno, but would presumably have to pay more than the £12m Liverpool paid for him.

Bascombe explains that the reason Napoli’s bid was rejected is that Liverpool believe they will be the first of a number of clubs to make a move, and are hoping to spark a bidding war.

It would be ‘negligent’ of RB Leipzig to sell either Naby Keita or Emil Forsberg this summer, according to the club’s chief executive.

Keita was said to be a £50m target for Liverpool while Forsberg has attracted interest from Manchester United, Arsenal and clubs across Italy.

But with Leipzig qualified for the Champions League after an astonishing season, they are determined to keep hold of their players.

Leipzig’s chief executive OIiver Mintzlaff has told Bild: “It would be negligent to sell one of our key players now.

“Emil and Naby are extremely talented and developing players. We are glad that we are able to keep up with their development as a club.

“And now we can prove ourselves in the Champions League in the coming season.

“There are no concrete offers. But let’s admit: Of course they have aroused great interest through their performance. This is normal. But we do not deal with that.”