You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

He voted leave because he was afraid increased federalisation, can’t see his mind changing since.

He voted against the Maastricht treaty saying.

"It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body—the Commission—and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability."

Cant see much change there either. He has never switched 90 degrees on anything but you believe he has on this. Wake up mate. I think he is ace.

Even the links you posted show him voting in favour of the EU on some issues. And then there's the fact that he campaigned hard for Remain.

I too think he's ace. I think Labour’s "six tests" are pretty much incompatible with any type of Brexit; it's a stealth Remain campaign. But it will only work if we get the Tories out of office and nobody on the right-wing of the Labour Party is going to do that.

He campaigned not to join and then voted to leave.

That has no relation to his duties as a MP further down the road to represent the interests of his constituents and support aspects of EU policy, when already members, that best benefit them.

He would be pretty ridiculous to never vote for anything ever just because he did not want to be in it.

Farage was an MEP ffs.

He campaigned not to join and then voted to leave.

That has no relation to his duties as a MP further down the road to represent the interests of his constituents and support aspects of EU policy, when already members, that best benefit them.

He would be pretty ridiculous to never vote for anything ever just because he did not want to be in it.

Farage was an MEP ffs.

As you've demonstrated, his voting record was never pro-Leave.

Throughout his parliamentary career he has joined campaigns, made speeches, written articles and generally worn his beliefs on his sleeve. And not once has he ever, unequivocally, called for the UK to leave the EU.

There is only one logical conclusion: that when he said he wanted to "remain and reform" he meant it.

I sure feel stupid for sticking up for Corbyn now. It looks like the Daily Mail have found the smoking gun which proves he's an antisemite.

In 2010, Corbyn attended the wedding of a man who, in 2014, made comments that suggested that the Holocaust was "fabricated."

I'm disgusted. How dare Corbyn not invest in some Minority Report style future predicting technology? Diabolical intent!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6051125/Pictured-Day-Jeremy-Corbyn-gave-speech-wedding-alleged-Holocaust-denier.html

All you fuckers who agree in the Brexit thread it’s going to be catastrophic but contort to vote for JC are hypocrites.

Id vote for the Marxist, anti Semite, terrorist loving cunt if he’d come out anti Brexit but he won’t. Despite the majority of his party wanting it. He’d rather be in charge than see the country saved which makes him and you fools.

You're such a bellend.
  • Upvote 1

At the time, this is what Corbyn himself wrote in the Morning Star:

DkS6oWQX4AAnYtG.jpg

So I find that hard to square with his claims now that he was only commemmorating those killed in an Israeli air strike on a Tunisian PLO base in 1985.

Who was killed in Paris (albeit in 1992) was Atef Bseiso, one of the claimed organisers of the Black September operation.

Who was killed in 1991 (albeit in Tunis, and not by Mossad) was Abu Iyad, the leader of Black September.

Atef Bseiso is "claimed" to be a terrorist by Israel, in the same way everyone they murder is claimed to be a terrorist.

I see the Heil are doubling-down on this line of attack tomorrow.

Of course there are plenty who would swear until blue in the face that no Palestinian has ever done any wrong ever, but I think if you orchestrate the kidnap and murder of 11 athletes, you are probably a terrorist.

Did you find it easier to square away what was claimed after reading the rest of the article, out of interest?

That's another thing I've reluctantly come to accept. I wouldn't vote for someone extreme like Liz Kendall but would I accept a more centrist leader like Jarvis, Burnham or even ( and it genuinely pains me to say this ) Cooper right now if I thought they'd get elected then yes, I would.

They are worlds apart in a lot of respects from what I want from a leader and I don't share a lot of their beliefs. But I don't buy the line there isn't much difference between a Labour Party run by say, Cooper, and the Tory party. Especially a Tory party run by Boris Johnson.

There is a world of difference for me. Life would be a hell of a lot better for the majority of people in this country under a Labour Party, any Labour Party. Sometimes you've got to accept the lesser of two evils. It's terrifying to think what the country will look like after 5 years of Johnson and Gove rule and I want them gone by any means possible.

I agree.  Get these cunts out by any means possible. 

The problem is that it works on the premise that Cooper would have considerably more chance of being elected than Corbyn.

Two years ago I thought this was uncertain, now I am convinced someone like her would have considerably less chance of winning an election.

This centrist shit is precisely why we had/have the rise of the right all over Europe, and also why left wing movements gained, or are gaining, support.

The thirst for a fiercely pro remain centrist party simply doesn't exist, regardless what The Guardian, The Independent, The BBC, Tony Blair or the Lib Dems say.

• Upvote 2

I see some knobheads have taken to putting signs up on his garden fence and tipping off The Sun about what they're doing. Starting to enter disturbing territory now.

He'll be sound. He's got a Special Branch armed protection team.

Thankfully, for the idiots doing it, they live in a civilised country where you're allowed to approach a fence without getting assassinated by the security forces.