You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Jew(ess)

Josef Svejk

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A new favourite, Jill Stein.

JxivU3n.jpg

She's the Green Party US presidential candidate, and way more radical than Sanders. She's actually willing to step aside for Sanders as well if he wants to run with the Green Party. If only she was as popular as him and that wasn't necessary.

A new favourite, Jill Stein.

Posted Image

She's the Green Party US presidential candidate, and way more radical than Sanders. She's actually willing to step aside for Sanders as well if he wants to run with the Green Party. If only she was as popular as him and that wasn't necessary.

A third option (or should I say second!) is needed in US politics now. The powerful lobbies that represent environmental issues,gay rights,alongside a significant immigrant/ethnic population could really add some traction to it. Sanders has shown how many US citizens are pissed off with their current set up and hopefully they are now looking for something to really support. The Greens and Sanders could be the project?

• Upvote 1

A third option (or should I say second!) is needed in US politics now. The powerful lobbies that represent environmental issues,gay rights,alongside a significant immigrant/ethnic population could really add some traction to it. Sanders has shown how many US citizens are pissed off with their current set up and hopefully they are now looking for something to really support. The Greens and Sanders could be the project?

It'd be a whole lot better than the absolute joke currently on offer, that's for sure. I would feel sad for Stein having to step aside though, I prefer her vision for the US way more.

A quick correction : The Guardian have had me again, shithouses. They said "Bernie Sanders has been invited to continue his underdog bid for the White House by the Green party’s probable presidential candidate, who has offered to step aside to let him run." Stein replies here.

Well Sanders has fucked it by appearing with Clinton. If you haven't heard of Stein much before though it looks like you're about to soon, because Sanders has at the same time just triggered #DemExit

Well Sanders has fucked it by appearing with Clinton. If you haven't heard of Stein much before though it looks like you're about to soon, because Sanders has at the same time just triggered #DemExit

I dont think Sanders had much option and knew this by competing on the Democratic ticket. We can only hope that his supporters continue their momentum and get behind Stein anyway. He cant endorse Stein but maybe he can drop some subtle hints in articles and interviews etc.

I dont think Sanders had much option and knew this by competing on the Democratic ticket. We can only hope that his supporters continue their momentum and get behind Stein anyway. He cant endorse Stein but maybe he can drop some subtle hints in articles and interviews etc.

Yeah it looks like one of the good things he's done is point out so well what's wrong with people like Clinton, to the degree that many of his supporters are really wanting some type of change and not prepared to give up. I think he realises that a lot of them will think independently, and that it's no use trying to dictate to many of them after exposing the flaws of the current system in the way that he has done.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...