You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early Teenage Girl Daughters.

Anny Road

I've got one and she is driving me round the fucking bend.

Intelligent pleasurable sporty fit 10 year old has turned into a stay in bed till 2pm 'hate you' person who to be honest I am starting to dislike.

Yeah she is my kid but for example I walked off the course today playing golf with the lads because she had to be somewhere I get home and it is still in bed giving me shite for waking it up.

I know I was the same and I know you have to suck it up but short of battering her I am at my end.

Boys I recon I could handle cos they would get a slap but girls, fuck me?

Mate I share your pain. My little one is 17 in a few months and it can't come quick enough. I watched her turn from this beautiful kid who never gave me a bit of trouble into a little monster efrom the age of 13-16. Nearly drove me and the mrs demented. All I can say is that it does get better and mine seems to be back to her lovely kind old self again. Fucking hormones and peer pressure are a cunt at that age. Just have to hang in there and don't let her away with too much

Disconnect the wi-fi everytime she acts a cunt. 

Best bit of parenting I ever heard of was by mate mate to his 13 year old son. The kid lives with his mum but Justin has him every other weekend. Decent relationship with the mum like they just didn't work out as a couple. Anyway the kids school ring his mum and say he is being a little shit in class to one of his teachers. Justin goes round that night after school with a pair of crocks he bought from primary in the kids shoe size. Put them on the table and told him he is wearing them to school for the next 2 weeks. Kid bursts into tears so Justin says he needs to go in tomorrow , apologise sincerely and then the second he steps out of line again he is wearing the crocks to school. Needless to say the kid has been good as gold since. 

Cant think of anything worse than that. I am glad my dad stuck to just twitting me instead of fucking with my clobber. 

• Upvote 2

I've got one and she is driving me round the fucking bend.

Intelligent pleasurable sporty fit 10 year old has turned into a stay in bed till 2pm 'hate you' person who to be honest I am starting to dislike.

Yeah she is my kid but for example I walked off the course today playing golf with the lads because she had to be somewhere I get home and it is still in bed giving me shite for waking it up.

I know I was the same and I know you have to suck it up but short of battering her I am at my end.

Boys I recon I could handle cos they would get a slap but girls, fuck me?

Introduce her to punk, metal, and anarchism. It's the only way.

• Upvote 2

Disconnect the wi-fi everytime she acts a cunt. 

Best bit of parenting I ever heard of was by mate mate to his 13 year old son. The kid lives with his mum but Justin has him every other weekend. Decent relationship with the mum like they just didn't work out as a couple. Anyway the kids school ring his mum and say he is being a little shit in class to one of his teachers. Justin goes round that night after school with a pair of crocks he bought from primary in the kids shoe size. Put them on the table and told him he is wearing them to school for the next 2 weeks. Kid bursts into tears so Justin says he needs to go in tomorrow , apologise sincerely and then the second he steps out of line again he is wearing the crocks to school. Needless to say the kid has been good as gold since. 

Cant think of anything worse than that. I am glad my dad stuck to just twitting me instead of fucking with my clobber. 

'Ive done the different wifi password everyday'

She does not give a fuck. I'm doing it again though as we speak.

Actually, it's weird. I've never had kids and am pretty much totally clueless, but to be honest? I can usually relate to them, and I suggest you break down the parent/kid barrier and just be yourself. You can probably relate to her feelings in some way, maybe she's just waking up to the fact that the world is fucked up. The more you be yourself and try to get on with her as a friend as well as a parent, I'd guess the more you'll be ok.

I said what I did in the last post because my Dad always tried to treat me like an adult, right from being a young kid. He wasn't into the treating kids as kids thing and I always got on with him and respected him for that. He was himself, and it just seemed more honest and it worked. That's the only experience of this type of thing that I have really.

Red Phoenix, I assume you are male and on that basis your behaviour as a kid and your interactions with your parents have no bearing on this thread.

My eldest is a boy and has never given us a bit of gyp and has always been straightforward in his relationships with us. I thought I was doing all right at this parenting malarkey. No2 is, however, an entirely different story. I love her to bits but would happy wrong her neck most days. We have no idea what goes on in her head and she shows no inclination to share any of it with us, which is probably just as well really.

My only philosophy is to enjoy the good bits, and there are many, if fleeting, ones and console myself that it will get better.

Red Phoenix, I assume you are male and on that basis your behaviour as a kid and your interactions with your parents have no bearing on this thread.

If you be yourself with your kids, it must do some good. I just think parents erect this bullshit barrier sometimes that's pointless. But yes, there's often a point for it at times, so I can get that too, and will fuck off out of the thread.

edit : I just think it's sad too, a parent not being able to relate to what a kid is going through. Glad I haven't had any yet, and probably won't do, at least in this life. Hope it works out for you both, Anny.

If you be yourself with your kids, it must do some good. I just think parents erect this bullshit barrier sometimes that's pointless. But yes, there's often a point for it at times, so I can get that too, and will fuck off out of the thread.

edit : I just think it's sad too, a parent not being able to relate to what a kid is going through. Glad I haven't had any yet, and probably won't do, at least in this life. Hope it works out for you both, Anny.

I'm not sure you read my reply with the humour that was intended. I wasn't meaning to be rude and I'm sure the parents of boys and girls will absolutely understand where I'm coming from.

Equally, I think I'm pretty in tune with my kids; only missy is one of those kids/people who bottles things up when sharing might be the better option.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure you read my reply with the humour that was intended. I wasn't meaning to be rude and I'm sure the parents of boys and girls will absolutely understand where I'm coming from.

It's cool, I've read your posts on here for a while obviously, I think you're sound and know that you didn't mean anything in a bad way. I've also been drinking a bit with it being weekend, so didn't get the humour as much as I probably would've done normally!

It's cool, I've read your posts on here for a while obviously, I think you're sound and know that you didn't mean anything in a bad way. I've also been drinking a bit with it being weekend, so didn't get the humour as much as I probably would've done normally!

Standard.

• Upvote 1

Standard.

Not really, and you can check my posts over the last couple of months if you really want to. I'm 36 now, I get that being wasted isn't the answer to life's problems, even if depressed, and I'm trying to sort my head out. I do actually, for the most part, prefer being sober too. Life has a natural high at times, and it's way better than being fucking wasted. It also doesn't leave you with bad hangovers, etc.

Or did you mean Russian Standard, the vodka? If so, you should get over here and share the booze.