You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

chelsea league cup semi final first leg thread

Paco

Can't complain about that. Great performance, lacked a cutting edge, but we completely dominated Chelsea. If by some stroke of luck Sturridge gets fit and we play like this, I fancy our chances.

Can was clumsy for the penalty, but I thought he flawless apart from that, in fact all the defence looked great helped out by Lucas.

Frustrated we only drew.

That bitter fucking prick hasn't even got the decency to stay for the whistle and shake hands .

What a pure cunt

Grotesque individual won't be picked up by the media , the sooner the poisonous cunt fucks off the better although no other country would kiss his arse like here that's why he came back

• Upvote 2

Excellent second half, highlighted by one moment of individual brilliance. Was impressed with several of our players who showed some real toughness and the will to win out there. First time I've seen Coutinho actually take a game in hand, think he tired badly late, however. Can was strong throughout, too.

I've never had a player just completely change my opinion in such a short period of time. Markovic is ridiculous. His passes around the corner are intelligent, he always takes the right option and he's 20. Everything he does just oozes class. We've got an absolute star in the making here.

• Upvote 1

That is a pleasing display against a horrible but very good team, we bossed them, kept going and should have scored more. It shows we are much improved and look a good side again....but not being clinical enough is still a problem especially against the best teams. Can't help but feel no matter how well we played those twats are the happier at the end and big favourites to go through, we could and should have made things different.

Might not be a bad result to be fair. With a one-goal lead, we would probably have gone into the second leg hoping to sit back and hold on, which we are absolutely shit at. At least now, with their away goal advantage we will go there knowing we have to score. Possession football is our only hope really, even though I seriously doubt they are going to sit back and allow us the possession like they did today.

We need to build on this performance now.  The really pleasing thing for me was that everyone played well, and we really came on strong - I thought we were lacking in a bit of courage in the first half, but the second half we had everyone prepared to take responsibility and committing to making attempts on goal.  Great to see Sterling and Coutinho playing so well together, and Markovic again put in an heroic shift.  The CBs were great too.  Everyone played well. 

Very good performance dominating a strong chelsea side, it will be a good confidence boost for players like coutinho who made matic look average and Moreno who was having a field day on the left, jose brought azpi on in the end to man mark him.

Sterling was very good also and as I said before the match players running at the chelsea cbs would hurt them, I like the system tonight as chelsea tried to play compact to deal with the two in the middle but that left space out wide for us, its difficult for a team to deal with us if our players are on form.

Will be a tight second leg but if we are level with them on the hour mark I see us going through.

Might not be a bad result to be fair. With a one-goal lead, we would probably have gone into the second leg hoping to sit back and hold on, which we are absolutely shit at. At least now, with their away goal advantage we will go there knowing we have to score. Possession football is our only hope really, even though I seriously doubt they are going to sit back and allow us the possession like they did today.

The Portuguese rat has made it quite clear what they intend to do and what they wanted to do tonight in his interview, there. It will be the same - looking to get it forward quickly on the counter to expose our three. He was lamenting their passing tonight on a couple of occasions when they did break. They'll break with more pace and bodies at home but that might help us as well if we can keep them out and hit them.