You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

chelsea league cup semi final first leg thread

Paco

If he did see this as a weakness why would he be making that clear in several different interviews, I don't think he enjoyed coming up against that formation and is using mind games to try make Rodgers change it for the second leg.

I thought the comment about not singing the Gerrard song to their fans was mind games too. He might have said it knowing it'd wind them up and they'd just sing it more than usual. Can't help but think that anyway.

All that stuff you wrote

Terrific post, and it was really enjoyable to watch.

One point to counter though. While Lucas' yellow was ridiculous, he got away with one late in the seine half where Atkinson (who I agree was shit) played advantage and never came back to him.

Someone more petty like mason would've preferred not to play advantage just so he could send him off for that.

Terrific post, and it was really enjoyable to watch.

One point to counter though. While Lucas' yellow was ridiculous, he got away with one late in the seine half where Atkinson (who I agree was shit) played advantage and never came back to him.

Someone more petty like mason would've preferred not to play advantage just so he could send him off for that.

Fabregas did his best to bring it to Atkinsons attention the slimy, horrible, fucking rat.

• Upvote 2

He does seem a little quiet (with his strops, whining, etc.) compared to what he was like in spain though, maybe it's because it's his first season and he's getting settled in. He'll probably just get gradually more and more annoying as time passes.

He was the absolute fucking man at the club with the best fans in Spain, and he buzzed off them. Now he plays for a gang of soulless, knuckle dragging mongs.

Lampard played for them for 13 years, and thought nothing of then playing for City. They're just that sort of club. There's nothing there.

Fabregas did his best to bring it to Atkinsons attention the slimy, horrible, fucking rat.

He's always been like that Fabregas. Remember that time Alonso slipped and fell into him nowhere near the play and the ref didn't see it. Fabregas knew it was an accident but his reaction go Alonso sent off. Prick

I thought the comment about not singing the Gerrard song to their fans was mind games too. He might have said it knowing it'd wind them up and they'd just sing it more than usual. Can't help but think that anyway.

That was my thoughts too, as carra said before the match everyone knew after those comments Chelsea fans would sing it more and they did from the first minute.

There was definetly something going on with his comments about our formation, he said it in a few different interviews and in one said 'I repeat they left a lot of space that we will exploit with better passing'.

The game showed they had trouble dealing with it and I think Mourinho is a bit scared of coming up against us in that formation, it will be interesting to see if Rodgers does change it next week.

He's always been like that Fabregas. Remember that time Alonso slipped and fell into him nowhere near the play and the ref didn't see it. Fabregas knew it was an accident but his reaction go Alonso sent off. Prick

Yeah mate I remember it well. He fits in nicely in his current surroundings.

• Upvote 1