You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Totally unsurprising for that club and their owners.

If you really must get a name on the back of your shirt (and I don't see the point personally), use your own name. The only acceptable alternative is a bona fide club legend because hardly any player sticks around at a club long enough these days.

Kids tend to want the name of their team's current best player though.

If you really must get a name on the back of your shirt (and I don't see the point personally), use your own name. The only acceptable alternative is a bona fide club legend because hardly any player sticks around at a club long enough these days.

I'll never forget years ago being in the fusilier in Prescot and my mate has a liverpool top on with gerrard on the back. Who walks in but stevie himself. He was only about 21 as well. Embarrassing

Your own name?! That's worse than having a players name on it.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hate fake hard men like Cahill and Antonio Valencia thinking they got massive arms and rolling their sleeves up to make them look bigger. Twats.

Also can't stand this new terminology..."he's top top player" heard it 3 times already since watching the end of BT Sports program. Why can't players just be a top player?

Fucking hate fake hard men like Cahill and Antonio Valencia thinking they got massive arms and rolling their sleeves up to make them look bigger. Twats.

Also can't stand this new terminology..."he's top top player" heard it 3 times already since watching the end of BT Sports program. Why can't players just be a top player?

Terminology for when a top player is giving it 110%.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's dead, chaps.

Sad though it is, it is genuinely gone.

It's just geared towards people who seem to think it is the place to be seen, oh the stories they must swap over a gin and T whilst taking the piss out of the poor whilst frantically texting the whole time they are in the club. 

I want to meet the person that has successfully quit football and shake him by the hand. I would like to but it's impossible because the rare moments of ecstasy it provides are like nothing else.

Better than any drug. That's why we all keep coming back. We're junkies.