You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Apparently good news from Europe in that they do not approve of e-cigarettes being a medicinal product and therefore being priced out of the market. Hopefully this means that we can continue vaping without the govt making it more expensive than smoking

Hmm.  I would imagine this means the first step towards banning e-fags all together.

Nicotine is a restricted poison, so if the e-cigs aren't deemed to be doing a health improving job in stopping people smoking, pretty soon someone will decide to either ban the sale of the machinery or close the personal loophole enabling you to get your hands on the juice.

Medicinal regulation would have been worse as the money needed to be approved would have prevented all but the really large companies being ale to produce anything.

Not sure myself.  Approval for a medical device is reasonably cheap. 

It would probably put off a fair few people/companies though.

But maybe you then have to ask yourself if you're willing to put deadly poison into your body supplied by a device or manufacturing plant which has no regulation over it whatsoever?

At the moment maybe vaping is in a little cool spot where it's in-between on regulations and most of the people into it are hobbyists.  Capitalism says that cunts will get involved sooner or later though.

You're talking bollocks Jose. Caffeine is poisonous at a high enough concentration yet we drink it daily, and of course nicotine is regulated. Try selling nicotine at a concentration over the legal limit of 75 mg per ml or without the warning labels on the bottle and you'll soon get a visit from the authorities. Little thing called the Trading Standards Institute regulates all consumer products.

Nearly 5 weeks off the smokes now. Don't miss it a bit.

Still got some of the original juices I bought left but have been trying out a couple more too. Blueberry is my favourite, also been on the blackcurrant, apple, watermelon and peach.

A mate had some Red Bull flavour, 0mg strength. Tried it and couldn't even feel the hit at the back of my throat, weird sensation. Is that how it works? The lower the nicotine strength, the weaker the toke?

• Upvote 1

You're talking bollocks Jose. Caffeine is poisonous at a high enough concentration yet we drink it daily, and of course nicotine is regulated. Try selling nicotine at a concentration over the legal limit of 75 mg per ml or without the warning labels on the bottle and you'll soon get a visit from the authorities. Little thing called the Trading Standards Institute regulates all consumer products.

I wasn't trying to touch a nerve about calling nicotine a restricted poison.  That is what it's legal position is.  Certainly down here anyway, where you can't sell it.  The only way you can get your hands on the e-juice is under a loophole for personal importation of restricted medicines.  The same as if you wanted to get your hands on some cancer drug that was under clinical trials in another country, for example.

Maybe the regulations on nicotine are different in the UK, I just thought they might be similar.

Likewise the devices aren't currently under any regulatory system - same as the UK I guess - they are not classified as medical devices (yet), so the manufacture is not supervised, and there's no products standards.

Had the day off today so decided to get organized, build some holders for my stuff and turn my desk into an area where I could put most stuff together and use it to rebuild coils, make juices and have everything handy

When I'd finished, I realized that 3 months of non-smoking may have turned me slightly obsessed with the alternative

tbcr.jpg

fcy3.jpg

opgl.jpg

In my defence, I worked it out and it has still been cheaper than smoking 20 a day for the last 3 months

• Upvote 3

I wasn't trying to touch a nerve about calling nicotine a restricted poison.  That is what it's legal position is.  Certainly down here anyway, where you can't sell it.  The only way you can get your hands on the e-juice is under a loophole for personal importation of restricted medicines.  The same as if you wanted to get your hands on some cancer drug that was under clinical trials in another country, for example.

Maybe the regulations on nicotine are different in the UK, I just thought they might be similar.

Likewise the devices aren't currently under any regulatory system - same as the UK I guess - they are not classified as medical devices (yet), so the manufacture is not supervised, and there's no products standards.

Probably a difference between Australia and the UK is colouring our discussion, and I am also a mite sensitive about ignorant people (not you) trying to regulate something which is already regulated as much as it needs to be, given that no-one is yet known to have died or suffered any health problems as a result of vaping. 

There definitely are product standards though, as I intimated above. If you try selling dangerous equipment or consumables in the UK you will soon have trading standards shutting you down.

We don't need anything more specific than that.

Oh and PestiRed: nice touch.

You can take ejuice in your carry on luggage as long as you follow the normal liquid rules, i.e. no more than 100ml in a bottle, no more than ten bottles, and they all have to fit in a 1 litre clear plastic envelope. Don't take a full tank on the plane though, the de-pressurisation will dump juice everywhere.

I put my juices and a couple of atomisers in my luggage. For batteries, I put them in plastic clip bags so that they look like I've just bought them and take them through on hand luggage. Haven't had any problems travelling around Europe like that for the last few months. Although I never risk expensive kit when I'm travelling, just in case some customs or security arsehole doesn't understand his own rules