You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop in and let you know how I'm getting on. I think I've found a new hobby!

Spinner ii and kanga mini v3 working well so far. I've picked up some spare batteries and a couple more tanks so I can have a couple of flavours on the go.

I started off wanting a tobacco taste but found myself moving away from these and trying some different ones. I've been using LT Ecigs for liquids and really like Madagascan Vanilla at the mo, not heavy on taste but very smooth and a nice warm smoke.

I also just joined UK Vapers forum which I think someone mentioned earlier in thread. A useful resource but it definitely has the capacity to increase my desire for shiny things.

• Upvote 1

Just thought I'd drop in and let you know how I'm getting on. I think I've found a new hobby!

Spinner ii and kanga mini v3 working well so far. I've picked up some spare batteries and a couple more tanks so I can have a couple of flavours on the go.

I started off wanting a tobacco taste but found myself moving away from these and trying some different ones. I've been using LT Ecigs for liquids and really like Madagascan Vanilla at the mo, not heavy on taste but very smooth and a nice warm smoke.

I also just joined UK Vapers forum which I think someone mentioned earlier in thread. A useful resource but it definitely has the capacity to increase my desire for shiny things.

Basically the same setup I'm running now; the kanga mini is ace but I fly through the coils, they only last about a week.

I went back to tobacco flavoured juice recently but I can't shake the fact that they mostly taste of biscuits and caramel or coffee.

Basically the same setup I'm running now; the kanga mini is ace but I fly through the coils, they only last about a week.

I went back to tobacco flavoured juice recently but I can't shake the fact that they mostly taste of biscuits and caramel or coffee.

I'd say mine last 2-3 weeks but I have two tanks which probably helps. Just ordered 15 of Fastech (2ohm) as they should get the best out of the spinner apparently.

I tried the LT Ecigs coffee and wasn't really my thing. The Moors liquid recommended earlier is good if you haven't tried that.

One thing I didn't mention is I haven't had a normal ciggy since I got it and haven't felt the need to either. I've been using 18mg nicotine but I'd like to take that down gradually over the next few weeks.

Ha, you're getting hooked. In 3 months time you'll be building coils, be able to calculate Ohm's Law in your head and actually understand the practical implications of the amp limits on lithium batteries. Then in 6 months you'll suddenly notice that you've got over 5 rebate points on Fasttech and wonder how the fuck that happened

I'd say mine last 2-3 weeks but I have two tanks which probably helps. Just ordered 15 of Fastech (2ohm) as they should get the best out of the spinner apparently.

I tried the LT Ecigs coffee and wasn't really my thing. The Moors liquid recommended earlier is good if you haven't tried that.

One thing I didn't mention is I haven't had a normal ciggy since I got it and haven't felt the need to either. I've been using 18mg nicotine but I'd like to take that down gradually over the next few weeks.

The only one I had that i really didn't like at all from LT was hazelnut.  It was kind of a sweet, sickly nutty taste.

I like the menthol ones - B Fresh, which is like blackcurrant tunes, and the strong menthol one is pretty mad.  The only thing is you can still taste them in the tank for a while after you change the coil/flavour

Ha, you're getting hooked. In 3 months time you'll be building coils, be able to calculate Ohm's Law in your head and actually understand the practical implications of the amp limits on lithium batteries. Then in 6 months you'll suddenly notice that you've got over 5 rebate points on Fasttech and wonder how the fuck that happened

At the moment I'm more than happy with disposable heads thanks!

The only one I had that i really didn't like at all from LT was hazelnut. It was kind of a sweet, sickly nutty taste.

I like the menthol ones - B Fresh, which is like blackcurrant tunes, and the strong menthol one is pretty mad. The only thing is you can still taste them in the tank for a while after you change the coil/flavour

I've just got a spearmint menthol type, looking forward to trying that.

I have these on my hit my list for future trial.

Mrs Lords liquids

T juice Red Estaire

Bread of Heaven

Snake Oil

Grants Vanilla Custard

Most of them seem to get good reviews but seem a lot more expensive than LTECIgs.

• 2 weeks later...

I need y'all to recommend me a new mizer. Been using the Vivi Nova V5 since late last year, they've served me well. I had two of them, now one is broken and I'm down to my last replacement coil on the other. LT have stopped selling the coils and everywhere else has them either out of stock or priced at £3 each, which is double what they were on LT and more than I want to pay. Might as well change up. I'm looking for something similar, want it to be easy to rinse out, replace coils, put juice in and be ready to go. None of this rebuilding/making my own. 

People of the GF, come forth and sort me the fuck out.

I need y'all to recommend me a new mizer. Been using the Vivi Nova V5 since late last year, they've served me well. I had two of them, now one is broken and I'm down to my last replacement coil on the other. LT have stopped selling the coils and everywhere else has them either out of stock or priced at £3 each, which is double what they were on LT and more than I want to pay. Might as well change up. I'm looking for something similar, want it to be easy to rinse out, replace coils, put juice in and be ready to go. None of this rebuilding/making my own. 

People of the GF, come forth and sort me the fuck out.

I use the iClear30 - think that ticks all the boxes you're asking for.  The first one I had lasted about 9 months before it started to leak.  Get them pretty cheap as well as the coils on Fasttech, though it can be a bit of a pain Fasttech.  

• Upvote 1

I've just got a spearmint menthol type, looking forward to trying that.

I have these on my hit my list for future trial.

Mrs Lords liquids

T juice Red Estaire

Bread of Heaven

Snake Oil

Grants Vanilla Custard

Most of them seem to get good reviews but seem a lot more expensive than LTECIgs.

The fruit flavours from LT are sound. Blueberry, blackcurrant and grape are all lovely.

I was recommended the Kangatech mini v3 and they hit the easy to maintain mark. The coils seem to have a bad rep and most recommend using the nvape coils (6.99) and seem to last for months. You need to change the wick every now and then and it looks really easy.

I've actually just ordered some unicoils from virtual vape which are 3.99 each and need to replace the cotton also. They seem a big improvement on the stock coils so far and are easy to maintain.

Other options seem to be the Nautilus which fits the brief also. Not used it myself.

Most do a standard size and a mini equivalent so give that some thought if capacity/size is a concern.

• Upvote 1

The fruit flavours from LT are sound. Blueberry, blackcurrant and grape are all lovely.

The menthols are pretty good. I like the spearmint one at LT, nice and fresh, particularly in the morning.

I generally drink ale and the menthol types don't mix well with that. Any recommendations? I tried the Madagascan Vanilla from LT and that is acceptable with a beer but would be nice to find something goes better.

Every time I've veered away from fruit flavours I haven't enjoyed them at all mate. The Mrs bought me a nice box to store 10ml bottles in and filled it up with a load of random juices. Ended up giving half of them away. The chilli one on LT, Nosferatu, is fucking ridiculous. Couldn't breathe for about 5 minutes after one pull on it.

Every time I've veered away from fruit flavours I haven't enjoyed them at all mate. The Mrs bought me a nice box to store 10ml bottles in and filled it up with a load of random juices. Ended up giving half of them away. The chilli one on LT, Nosferatu, is fucking ridiculous. Couldn't breathe for about 5 minutes after one pull on it.

Chilli! Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I was always under the impression that was more like a joke, something you did for a laugh rather than to actually use. 

I recovered and then later told Mrs Turdseye to try it and that it was actually quite nice. Then I pissed myself laughing when she reacted exactly the same as I did. Cheers for the recommendation anyway mate, much appreciated.

Pesti, oh knowledgeable one, seeing as you're here, can you answer my question about which ohm coil I should use for the iClear? Gonna order it now and still haven't got a clue what it means or what difference it makes.

Thanks but I've just been using rebuildables for months now so am pretty out of touch with clearomisers.

Last time I used a clearomiser I started rebuilding the coils on them myself, getting them to about 1.4 ohms which gave a better vape than the standard 1.8 so I would be tempted to go as low as you can. However it will also depend on what power you can drive through. If you're on a normal eGo battery then I'd say go low. If you have a regulated device and can increase the power, then you can probably go to 2.1 and still get decent flavour.

Coils that seem to have a good reputation include Naturevape, Aspire BVC and Nautilus. Worth checking that they are compatible with an iClear first.

Edit: reading through that, it doesn't really seem very helpful at all

• Upvote 1