You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest davelfc

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/80718-electronic-cigarettes.html

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/110960-electronic-cigarettes.html

I bought my son a starter pack from Costco and he found them really useful. It was the 'classic' and the vapestick website had some really decent deals on refills.

He is now using one that his doctor has provided for him because I think he lost the charger when his room was redecorated, as far as I know he has not touched a cigarette this year. Just as well as he has his pre training course for the RAF and then hopefully his basic training. Last thing he needed was to be still smoking and doing that, they claim it's very physically demanding, pah!

I'm not a smoker myself but if these devices can help people to cure their addiction then great.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice use of the search engine. I couldn't be arsed.

Which brings me nicely to why I'm trying it. I've quit cold turkey twice now, for a combined total of four years, so I know I could again.

Problem with doing that though is you have to be ready to expend the energy on willpower and I'm not in the right place at the moment.

If I can avoid damaging my lungs in the meantime then it's worth a pop.

Guest davelfc

If you can get the same pleasure from an e-cig as you can from a real one, save money and save your health then go ahead.

It's as good as giving up in my mind because you've taken away a lot of the harmful shit in them. I recently had a mate die from lung cancer, they told him he had 5 to 6 weeks, he only managed 2. It's a bastard.

I quit drinking three years ago mate, but I know what you mean. Only thing I can say is that they beat the piss out of patches, gum or inhalators because you do actually get the sensation of smoking in your throat. When I get a craving, I'm finding two or three tokes does the trick.

Dunno if I can be doing with all that hassle Caramac. Is it easy doing the refills yourselves?

At the moment, I've bought one battery unit and five cartomizer thingies from the chemist round the corner and I was hoping to stop before I've finished them.

If I carry on past that, I might investigate making my own refills.

Must admit, the idea of different flavours intrigues me. I think these take the pressure off stopping, because they can't be anywhere near as bad for your health as the real thing. If I manage it then all good, but if not then I'm not going to worry too much. I think I can definitely use them to stay off the rollies though.

I'm really pleased so far and I'm enjoying vaping. I've been a smoker for 30 years (the last five rolling my own) so my main aim at the moment is to stay away from the analogs, then after that we'll see. But I can honestly say vaping is taking away my feeling to want a real ciggy.

Just remember to drink plenty of water as vaping will dehydrate you.

I quit drinking three years ago mate, but I know what you mean. Only thing I can say is that they beat the piss out of patches, gum or inhalators because you do actually get the sensation of smoking in your throat. When I get a craving, I'm finding two or three tokes does the trick.

Nice one, I'm really looking forward to it arriving. Nicotine gum works for me until I have a drink and it all goes out of the window.

Dont waste your time with the disposable buy in th e shop shite. Spend a bit of money for some decent kit at the start and you wont have to upgrade too often. Off the smokes since Aug last year and now cant even stand the smell of them.

Option 1 in the op is your best bet then. Ego Twist. Charger. Clearomizers I'd recommend either (or both) CE3 or Kanger MT3. Then all you'll need is some juice.

Some popular UK juice sites: Waves of Vapour, Rawr, Grizwalds, Pink Spot, Enjuice, T-Juice, Ace Vapers, Grant's Vanilla Custard, The Alchemists Cupboard,House of Liquid (natural tobacco juice if you want it to taste like a cigarette), Switch-2-ecigs, Alba Vapers

Just in case anyone is interested most of the stuff I went for is here

Props to InaudibleWhispa for the links.

That is a lot of different flavours. You're both speaking in a foreign language now though. I looked at that Grant's Vanilla Custard website and it was on about "steeping" and using "a silica wick atomiser, as opposed to a stainless steel mesh", which actually made me want a cigarette.

Well I did go for the eGO and I'm happy with it, but I'll probably go for something else somewhere along the line as a back up.

Well I started with the eG-T and it was grand and then spent lots on extra batteries and what not and now they are all redundant since I got the eVIc. I would say spend as little as you can and see if its for you and if it is go for some decent kit that will last you years instead of months. Just M2C.

I think the "steeping" they refer to is for custom made juice, i.e different percentages of PV/VG in which case you have to leave it a few days to steep before use, if you buy off the shelf you can use it straight away.

As for the other I'm using just a regular stainless steel cartomizer and I get good flavour.

I must admit though I sometimes wonder, how do I get the best possible taste from this juice. So I can see what they mean.