You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

So that's the clubs story. We've seen Coutinho's and as little as I trust the club I going to accept that the majority of Reddy's stuff above is accurate. Not so sure about the Brazil stuff.

This is all very novel and cute and that but let's not start getting silly.

Well he's got form for it.

Did fuck in his first transfer window.

Didn't do enough last summer. We needed 2 more players at least. Chased a left back all summer only to decide fuck it we don't need one.

Did fuck all in January when we needed a Mane replacement. Didn't even get anyone on loan.

Probably won't do enough this transfer window.

I'd rather he just fucked off and let someone else sort out the mess of a squad.

Cool. We can then become a bigger version of crystal palace, fuck the manager off every 6 months to a year because we dont agree with what he's doing.

Who was it who quoted the Ancellotti comments about us needing a new spine?

I wonder where we might be had we a actually done a good job of building one.

Imagine this team with a keeper who isn't scared of his own shadow...No Lovren - a midfielder with power, strength and the ability to dictate play and an out and out goalscorer leading the front 3.

Imagine this team with a keeper who isn't scared of his own shadow...No Lovren - a midfielder with power, strength and the ability to dictate play and an out and out goalscorer leading the front 3.

We'd probably finish second.

We'd probably finish second.

Liverpool-Squad-of-2008-09.jpg

Now that was a spine!

After making that statement the other day, I don't see how FSG could sell (even if they wanted to). Even if we assume that they don't care about the club, it would be massively damaging to their "brand" and to their egos, to be seen to be such bitches.

I think under the circumstances, which fsg would know would come as it is the barca way, it becomes pretty easy to blame Coutinho. Say he was destabilising the squad, even though we don't need the money, it's all down to that nasty Brazilian and barca. Don't worry though, we'll make it up to you in the next window, unless there's no value and then it'll be next summer (sssshhh who was that saying it's world cup year and there's never value in world cup year? Don't let them know that now, they can find that out in Aug 2018).

col3GUy.jpg

If this somewhat true it explains why we've had such a horrid transfer window. Also its pretty depressing if its true. And I'd ease up on the pressure on Klopp, and focus my anger at FSG. If this continues I'd reckon Klopp will be leaving next summer. He's too big of a personality to let FSG fuck his reputation (if LFC ends up doing bad because of the lack of signings).

I think under the circumstances, which fsg would know would come as it is the barca way, it becomes pretty easy to blame Coutinho. Say he was destabilising the squad, even though we don't need the money, it's all down to that nasty Brazilian and barca. Don't worry though, we'll make it up to you in the next window, unless there's no value and then it'll be next summer (sssshhh who was that saying it's world cup year and there's never value in world cup year? Don't let them know that now, they can find that out in Aug 2018).

That's still a case of FSG having to say - "We really want to keep the player, but we're easily pushed around by a player/his agent/ some other team, because we're mugs and wimps".  They won't want to do that.

But klopp still needs to learn to set up a defence

How the defence is setup has little or nothing to do with it. It's just we defend badly individually all the time. We make the types of mistakes you see in league 1&2 and we make them several times each match. It just gets punished at this level. What we need are players who are thick, complete shit bags or both.

If this somewhat true it explains why we've had such a horrid transfer window. Also its pretty depressing if its true. And I'd ease up on the pressure on Klopp, and focus my anger at FSG. If this continues I'd reckon Klopp will be leaving next summer. He's too big of a personality to let FSG fuck his reputation (if LFC ends up doing bad because of the lack of signings).

The source of this is... some bloke off Twitter who has an inside line on what goes on behind the scenes at the club, because...?

https://twitter.com/Philteddylfc

Half the twitter ITKs are saying Klopp wants to sell, but the owners want to keep Coutinho, and the other half say the opposite. 

Personally, I reckon he's a pragmatist, but he's less interested in getting involved in transfers than he is coaching. You could just as easily read his comments as being pissed off with the general circus going on, like he lost his patience with journalists last year asking him whether he was signing a left back.

Haha mate i'm not getting back into those debates, fuck that!

Neither am I mate.  Them's the facts though.  Since we came back to win the CL in 2005 and the FA cup in 2006, we've essentially been a coulda woulda shoulda side.  I'd love us to actually step up and win something now.  My fear is, 20 years ago we had two sides above us in terms of capability and pulling power.  10 years ago it was 3.  Now it's at least 4 and probably 5 - it will definitely be 5 in a few years.