You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest TK-421

I admire pep's refusal to deviate from his principles. If they had a plan B would they be the same team? Would they have been as successful if they'd abandoned their principles and resorted to plan B any time a team parked the bus? No, in my view.

In the end despite the so called "great performance" Chelsea still needed Messi to miss a penalty for them to go through.

Be interesting to see how they play against Real or Bayern. They'll no doubt do everthing possible to score first and then revert to last nights strategy. However I think both Real and Bayern have players capable of scoring from a header, something Barca seems to have forgotten how to do.

Be an interesting final either way.

I think also Bayern and Real Madrid will be a little more direct, have maybe 55/60% of the ball rather than 75%, attack at pace, and will get shots off from the edge of the box. Both teams are likely to take the chance to counter attack at times.

It'll be a completely different challenge for Chelsea, one I expect them to fail.

Can this help put an end to the group rimjob that is being given to Guardiola here:

"I've transmitted this crazy theme of 'you have to go out and attack, attack, attack'," said Guardiola.

"Maybe it's a lesson for the future? We have to find the way to attack better."

The 41-year-old said he would decide whether to renew his Barcelona contract in "the next few days".

He added: "We'll talk about everything and then take a decision because it's evident that it's time to."

The best analogy of a good coach is he beats you with his team, then takes your team and beats you again. Pep is a likeable guy but I do not think he would fit that description - he also has had the skills of possibly the best attacking triumvirate in the history of the game to develop "his" style.

Was Fabregas Guardiola's choice? That team, the way they play, does not have a real role for him. No doubt Fabregas is a good player, but with Xavi running the show, he is in a restricted role. It would make more sense to me to have a faster guy where Fabregas plays. Maybe he was bought to replace Xavi eventually...

Guardiola here would make sense. With Cruyff...

Was Fabregas Guardiola's choice? That team, the way they play, does not have a real role for him. No doubt Fabregas is a good player, but with Xavi running the show, he is in a restricted role. It would make more sense to me to have a faster guy where Fabregas plays. Maybe he was bought to replace Xavi eventually...

Guardiola here would make sense. With Cruyff...

I'm in! But only if he brings Iniesta, Xavi and Messi with him!

Originally Posted by Ned Flanders

So I'm a troll because I don't think Kenny is "the King" ?

its irrelevant what you think fella. thats is how he is known so dont ask stupid questions like 'who is the king'. if you support the reds you know full well who ''the king'' is. its not a matter of opinion.

In the end despite the so called "great performance" Chelsea still needed Messi to miss a penalty for them to go through.

Be interesting to see how they play against Real or Bayern. They'll no doubt do everthing possible to score first and then revert to last nights strategy. However I think both Real and Bayern have players capable of scoring from a header, something Barca seems to have forgotten how to do.

Be an interesting final either way.

Without cow-towing to those who want a Chelsea loss, Madrid are a better all round team and should beat Chelsea.

Headers, direct free kicks, strength, height, these are the added extras that they have.

Mind you, Bayern could scupper that.

52.8 million quid out, 42 million in.

So 10.8 million quid.

Less than the cost of Downing.

Hang on - that's net spend you're referencing and that's not allowed on this forum. So basically Guardiola has spent over £50m quid making his team worse.

Guest TK-421
Hang on - that's net spend you're referencing and that's not allowed on this forum. So basically Guardiola has spent over £50m quid making his team worse.

Plus the wages - Cesc is on at least 10 times per year what Carroll earns over the course of his contract.

Plus the wages - Cesc is on at least 10 times per year what Carroll earns over the course of his contract.

A very shrewd post if I may say so. Easy to label someone a genius until you dig a little under the surface.

How many millions has he wasted making his team worse than last year's model?

They have worsened because key players got injured.

Plus, its very hard to match last season. You cant win everything all the time. They'll be back next season and I think some of the people who have suggested that its the end of an era will be thinking differently next season.

There is a fundamental flaw in the fact that they either only can or want to score intricate,stylish and skillful goals yet a good old fashioned finisher would have won them both the league and champions league too,very possibly.

The structure is there but it probably just needs tweaking rather than dismantling.

They have worsened because key players got injured.

Plus, its very hard to match last season. You cant win everything all the time. They'll be back next season and I think some of the people who have suggested that its the end of an era will be thinking differently next season.

The end of the era will come when Messi retires.

Awesome avatar - the last real man in America.