You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think you may well have misread his view.

Being slightly Devil's advocate here as I assume Messi speaks highly of Guardiola as a B team manager who nurtured him into a first team player at a young age.

The fact that Rikaard oversaw his first seasons senior games shouldnt be overlooked though.

he will stay on, who would they replace him with?

Guardiola strikes me as a very humble man and i reckon he isn't the type to come out and say 'i'm staying put' knowing that with the best team in the world he has failed to deliver the league or champions league. they would be foolish to get rid of him.

if he did leave he wouldn't come to us unfortunately. 2 reasons : 1, the job has become a poisoned chalice for managers nowadays and 2) KK isn't fucking going anywhere.

Being slightly Devil's advocate here as I assume Messi speaks highly of Guardiola as a B team manager who nurtured him into a first team player at a young age.

The fact that Rikaard oversaw his first seasons senior games shouldnt be overlooked though.

Agreed. Infact what the entire club has done for him can't be understated.

But neither can Guardiola's dumping of huge players like Deco and Ronaldinho to build the team around Messi, moving him further forward enabling him to score the ridiculous amount of goals he gets now, and make him comfortably the best player on the planet.

Nah, it wasn't fooling many. Some scrappy wins there, bit of luck, some easy games in La Liga.

This Barca team hasn't been right for the last 4 or 5 months. There was a CL game where it all seemed to be a bit muddled, and ever since then they've not looked the same force they did 12 months ago IMHO.

133 goals from Messi this season has papered over a couple of cracks, so when he doesn't score there is always currently a chance they can be turned over.

Thankfully, for them, it's not often he doesn't score.

If I was Pep, and I was staying next season (which isnt a given, he may take a years break from the game according to some), then I'd give all the big players a holiday starting yesterday.

Messi, Xavi, Pique, Alves, Busquets, Mascherano, Puyol, Valdes. They all need to go away and get as much rest as they can. They all look a bit frazzled from constantly playing at such a high level, in so many games, for both club and country.

I expect the problem will be keeping someone like Messi away from a ball for 4 months.

Messi is even better than I thought 133 goals this season from the Argy midget.

Guest Pistonbroke
Nope. I bet the next manager doesnt have the reign Pep has though. You are a complete simpleton.

He might though, Barca are not exactly shy of splashing out money on players to strengthen a squad which is already packed with excellent players. Pep might move to another club and not be as successful, after all, he has only managed at Barca with an excellent squad. Of course, nobody knows how anything will pan out until it has actually happened...so maybe you are the simpleton?? No??

He might though, Barca are not exactly shy of splashing out money on players to strengthen a squad which is already packed with excellent players. Pep might move to another club and not be as successful, after all, he has only managed at Barca with an excellent squad. Of course, nobody knows how anything will pan out until it has actually happened...so maybe you are the simpleton?? No??

It's hugely unlikely someone will come in and win 3 leagues and 2 CL's in 4 years but you never know I suppose.

Stick to writing your utter bollocks on the Bundesliga.

Guest Pistonbroke
It's hugely unlikely someone will come in and win 3 leagues and 2 CL's in 4 years but you never know I suppose.

Stick to writing your utter bollocks on the Bundesliga.

Obviously i'm under your skin...tool.

Guest Pistonbroke
It was you who had a dig first, dont start giving it out if you cant take a bit back, precious.

I had a dig because you were typing utter bollocks.

Guest Pistonbroke
Which is fine, just dont start crying when someone has a go back you little coward.

Why do you come to the conclusion i was crying? Like i said, you are a tool.