You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs in Football C4 8pm tonight

PestiRed

Dispatches doing a big reveal on how many footballers are on drugs, test results being hidden & supposedly a big name star revealed as a coke head.

I'm not that bothered if one or two of ours have dabbled in recreational so long as it's not performance enhancing but I'm really hoping that the club weren't involved in anything dodgy. It's hard to be confident when Hicks, Gillett & Purslow ran the club.

On the other hand, I'd be delighted if Utd, Spurs, 'Arry, Fat Sam & a few others were caught up in it

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of our players were among those who didn't turn up for testing according to the Mirror. United fans will be kicking up stink if true, after what happened wobbly-gob.

From April 2007 to August 2010 experts cancelled 240 checks because players from clubs including *Liverpool, Manchester City and *Newcastle did not turn up.

Drug tests missed by hundreds of footballers including Liverpool and Newcastle players - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Some of our players were among those who didn't turn up for testing according to the Mirror. United fans will be kicking up stink if true, after what happened wobbly-gob.

From April 2007 to August 2010 experts cancelled 240 checks because players from clubs including *Liverpool, Manchester City and *Newcastle did not turn up.

Drug tests missed by hundreds of footballers including Liverpool and Newcastle players - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

article-0-09E98EFD000005DC-243_233x392.jpg

Can't believe I'm saying this but seems to be a balanced piece in the Daily Mail

TV documentary to name drug shame players | Mail Online

Apparently it's not compulsory to test players out of competition for recreational drugs, but they do anyway & then don't publicise the results (money well spent). Also

The programme also makes much of 240 ‘abandoned’ tests between April 2007 and August 2010, with testers arriving at training grounds to discover that the players targeted were not there. But these cases are not comparable with the Rio Ferdinand episode, as the clubs and players would not have known the testers were coming on that day.

So the missed test thing seems bollocks as well

Guest SpiderLucas
Titus bramble. He can't be that shit at footy and get paid 20+k a week, without a reason. Defo a smack rat

I did an apprenticeship last year and my boss was Titus Brambles personal trainer while at Wigan. He told me that at Wigan Titus Bramble earned £41,000 per week. It was at that point, I understood the role of a football agent.