You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

On 27/10/2022 at 20:57, Paulie Dangerously said:

Fuck all we can do about this twat of an illness but I'm going to be doing 100 push ups a day in November. Any sponsorships gratefully appreciated. 

Big arms for cancer

Hit 2000 tonight. 

Still going every day. Some days I'm literally on my knees but they get done. 

There's a direct correlation between number of beers drank the previous day and difficulty in 100 push ups. 

• Upvote 4

The Oncologist just called. PSA down to zero. Apart from a blood test every six months that's it.

You're all gonna have to put up with me for a bit longer yet!

Anyway, thoughts to all and any of you going through this shit but trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Upvote 32

1 minute ago, tokyojoe said:

The Oncologist just called. PSA down to zero. Apart from a blood test every six months that's it.

Anyway, thoughts to all and any of you going through this shit but trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Fantastic news that mate, made up for you!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

brilliant. you must be fucking made up. 

great to see this thread is not all doom and gloom

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Brilliant news mate absolutely made up for you. Fences across the country, not so much 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 20:17, littletedwest said:

Yeah best wishes mate.

Step daughters shaved her head this evening as the hair is falling off her. She's let her little lad do some of it. He then told her she looks like Paul the alien. 

Forgot to mention he also said " can I have a lock of your hair for when your dead? Not cancer dead,old age dead"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

A lad in Izzy’s class has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.   It’s spread to his spine but they will try and treat with chemo and radiotherapy.  He’s only fucking 9. 

Oh for fucks sake. That poor little lad.

It doesn't discriminate does it, it's just plain fucking evil.

On 23/11/2022 at 12:07, tokyojoe said:

so glad to hear this Dave.  Best Christmas present.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

A lad in Izzy’s class has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.   It’s spread to his spine but they will try and treat with chemo and radiotherapy.  He’s only fucking 9. 

Awful. Poor kid and family. Puts things into perspective 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Awful news at any age but fuck me, I remember when I was I’ll seeing little ones in Alder Hey, broke my heart. 

On 23/11/2022 at 12:07, tokyojoe said:

Does this mean you’ll stop walking so slowly at the game, you auld cunt?

20 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s one of twins conceived by a donor so the mum is having to deal with it on her own.  Heartbreaking. 

That's absolutely terrible mate. Don't know what else to say but If there's any kind of collection set up for the poor family maybe throw a link up here?