You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

These are the days of miracle and wonder.

I can't imagine what her parents must be feeling, having thought that they were losing her to have the gift of her recovery. It's absolutely beautiful.

My sister lost her 15 year old sister in law to it about 20 years ago. 

She was a young 15 and a lovely kid who didn't stand a chance. Really upsetting.

At least this gives a ray of hope. The advances they've made have been nothing short of incredible.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Had a call in work from my Godmother this morning which immediately set alarms bells going as she always calls of an evening. 

She’s been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has been told there’s only palliative treatment available to her. 

Devastated for her. 

Really sorry to read this mate. Horrible news.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Had a call in work from my Godmother this morning which immediately set alarms bells going as she always calls of an evening. 

She’s been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has been told there’s only palliative treatment available to her. 

Devastated for her. 

Bloody awful news mate. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Devastated for her. 

Awful news mate, lots of love.

• Upvote 1

She started working for the NHS at 18, has over 50 years service within the NHS and has nursed all over the world. 

She’s so fucking angry with the treatment she’s received and the late diagnosis she plans to sue the arse out of them. 

Hearing her speak about the piss poor treatment she has received from the NHS despite all her years dedicated service and from a true champion of the NHS made it even harder to take. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Devastated for her. 

Oh christ, im sorry to read that Col.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stepdaughter was taken to hospital yesterday. Been getting nose bleeds since starting her new chemo drugs. They're so powerful she has it once every three weeks. Anyway three bloods transfusions so far and looking like she'll be in all weekend. Tomorrow's is her sons birthday so timing is shit.

She was fed up yesterday but still herself when we went visiting today taking the piss. Then after an hour so go home I've had enough of you now.

Before this I had no idea just how powerful chemo drugs can be. She's lost her hair, is knackered all the time and that's Before this. She had multiple injections and tablets to manage the massive side effects.

Still she can feel the lump has shrunk to hardly anything so hopefully positive news on Monday when she has an oncologist appointment. 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Stepdaughter was taken to hospital yesterday. Been getting nose bleeds since starting her new chemo drugs. They're so powerful she has it once every three weeks. Anyway three bloods transfusions so far and looking like she'll be in all weekend. Tomorrow's is her sons birthday so timing is shit.

She was fed up yesterday but still herself when we went visiting today taking the piss. Then after an hour so go home I've had enough of you now.

Before this I had no idea just how powerful chemo drugs can be. She's lost her hair, is knackered all the time and that's Before this. She had multiple injections and tablets to manage the massive side effects.

Still she can feel the lump has shrunk to hardly anything so hopefully positive news on Monday when she has an oncologist appointment. 

Best of luck to her and you all mate, fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sisters best mate has got her results today. Plan was chemo then surgery. Got there today to be told scan shows no cancer at all so she's made up .

Stepdaughter was in hospital a week and they said an extra break from chemo of three weeks. However another blood test showed a good improvement so she had it again at a 20% reduced dose without the extra break.

Oncologist said its shrunk but chemo to continue then look at surgery and then radiotherapy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/12/2022 at 17:36, lifetime fan said:

Devastated for her. 

Nicky passed away this evening.