You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

She passed away this morning. The cancer was too aggressive to save her. I've never felt pain like this before.

Me and my Mrs are distraught. Her little boy has lost his mum at 8 year old, her partner is broken. 

Jesus mate. So so sorry to hear this. Nothing I can type can make it any better, but genuine love to you all.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

She passed away this morning. The cancer was too aggressive to save her. I've never felt pain like this before.

Me and my Mrs are distraught. Her little boy has lost his mum at 8 year old, her partner is broken. 

Devastating. Feeling really sorry for you mate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, littletedwest said:

So sorry mate, deepest sympathies to you all.

• Upvote 1

Ah mate, so sorry to hear this. Dreadful.

My deepest condolences to you all.

• Upvote 1

Mate that's heartbreaking. Thoughts with you and your family, especially her lad. Awful. 

• Upvote 1

I'm so sorry mate. Mind yourselves. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Oh no, how awful for you all. No words really, so sad.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Very sad news mate. 

Hopefully good memories can help you all get through this.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

This is just so unfair. For everybody to lose a family member at a young age is horrendous but having to leave a young child behind, as well, is utterly heartbreaking.

I've no doubt that you all will, but please keep her memory alive for her little boy. My wife was 10 when her mum died from cancer and her dad just shut down. Turned to drink and wouldn't allow any conversations about her, unless it was to bring her name up during arguments with his daughter ("What would your mum say if she was here, now?) during her rebellious phase. It was only when he had to go into a nursing home and we found the stack of poems and letters he wrote after his wife's passing did we realise how much he was hurting.

Keep a support ring around yourselves during this incredibly difficult time, reach out for any help that is available and always drop in on here and share your feelings.

Love and my deepest sympathies to you and the family at this time.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Oh, ted, I’m so sorry. It’s beyond words isn’t it. Let her live on in all of you x

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that @Preston Red. Her partner doesn't drink but he has us and his own parents here to support him. We'll keep her memory alive. I know it's typical to say after someone died but she really was a wonderful person.

She deteriorated so quickly. She had felt unwell and been on antibiotics for pneumonia. But even on Wednesday she was due to start a new chemotherapy. When she got to hospital they quickly said she was too ill for it and needed treatment and by the end of the day said she hadn't long left to live.

• Upvote 1

My aunt who was in Arrowe Park hospital died from her leukaemia this morning. Fucking gutting. We all knew it was coming but that doesn't ease the pain. We're a small, close family and it's a bastard bit of news. Thoughts and love with anyone going through this with family members. Cunt disease. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

My aunt who was in Arrowe Park hospital died from her leukaemia this morning. Fucking gutting. We all knew it was coming but that doesn't ease the pain. We're a small, close family and it's a bastard bit of news. Thoughts and love with anyone going through this with family members. Cunt disease.

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Upvote 2

@littletedwest That's absolutely gutting. I find it almost impossible understand when it moves as quickly as this and gives no chances for the medicine to give a fighting chance. 

A mate who used to work for me a decade ago has just gone through the same thing. He passed away 2 weeks ago, he pretty much went from 4 weeks from the first tests to hospice, then 3 weeks later he was gone. It's just all so desperately sad. 

@Redder Lurtz I think sometimes the only thing that comes from it being expected is at least you know their pain is over. I hope you and yours are as ok as can be expected. 

Like @Jarvinja Ilnow said earlier in this page, I don't know many from here in real life, but it doesn't stop that fear or dread entering this thread. I just hope this thread helps people - it's a cunt of disease and I don't think you understand till it enters your life. To have someone to share can hopefully help people, if even just a little, dealing with this shit.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking hell mate, deepest sympathies.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that @Preston Red. Her partner doesn't drink but he has us and his own parents here to support him. We'll keep her memory alive. I know it's typical to say after someone died but she really was a wonderful person.

She deteriorated so quickly. She had felt unwell and been on antibiotics for pneumonia. But even on Wednesday she was due to start a new chemotherapy. When she got to hospital they quickly said she was too ill for it and needed treatment and by the end of the day said she hadn't long left to live.

That's awful. I find it bizarre how it can be ridiculously aggressive in some and slow in others.

I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak you're all going through and my thoughts are with you all, Ted.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Deepest sympathy mate. i know what you mean when you said you knew it was coming, but when it does......

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Deepest sympathy mate. i know what you mean when you said you knew it was coming, but when it does......

Argh it's horrible, the whole experience of "anticipated grief" where you know there's no real hope.  Eighteen months of it in my family's case, eighteen months of daily agony.  Wake up in the morning and it's already there, go to bed and it's the last thing you think of before you sleep. And the hours between waking and sleeping, a constant cloud just hovering above your eyes.  It's almost unbearable.

I don't think I've said it before as even though I read this thread I haven't been able to comment in it, but I'd like to offer my sympathies to everyone here who's lost loved ones. And especially to littletedwest and Redder Lurtz for who this will be so raw at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Oh, Mike, sad news.

I know exactly what you mean about small families and the impact of the loss of someone from that tight knit group, whatever their age. It brings into focus the way we’re all interconnected with each other’s lives.

Raise a glass to good people 

• Upvote 1