You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

On 03/09/2022 at 18:46, Harry's Lad said:

Good on you Cath and your sisters in arms.

I hope payback time isn't too uncomfortable!

Did I not reply to you?

To my embarrassment it wasn’t hard at all and finished thinking I could probably do it all again.

Turns out my son was right saying it wasn’t a proper challenge.

I should probably have done my cycling trip the following weekend, around the islands off the west coast, as my sponsored event. Now, that was tough!

16 minutes ago, Champ said:

Did I not reply to you?

To my embarrassment it wasn’t hard at all and finished thinking I could probably do it all again.

Turns out my son was right saying it wasn’t a proper challenge.

I should probably have done my cycling trip the following weekend, around the islands off the west coast, as my sponsored event. Now, that was tough!

No problem Cath, busy lives and all that.

The fact you and your friends did it to raise money for the benefit of others speaks volumes no matter how easy you think it turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Step daughter found a lump. Been to have it looked at today and been told its almost certainly breast cancer. Just got to wait on the biopsy 

Sorry to hear that pal, it'll be an unbelievably stressful time for you all and we're thinking of you. X

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Step daughter found a lump. Been to have it looked at today and been told its almost certainly breast cancer. Just got to wait on the biopsy 

Hopefully it's an early diagnosis. Best wishes. Keep positive Ted

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Wishing her and family all the best. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Been told she'll get results next Wednesday and I'm hoping a treatment plan.They initially said upto 2 weeks so at least its a week less in limbo.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Fella be strong. Breast cancer treatment is way ahead of what it used to be, and if your step daughter is diligent enough to feel for lumps, then I'm damn sure she will have discovered it soon enough and I'm also damn sure that the treatment that is in place currently, will ensure your step daughter beats this bastard disease.

Having said that - there is still the biopsy result to wait for and not all lumps are cancerous, so be strong for her, your bird and the rest of the family in the mean time, they'll need you.  

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Horrible news, my wife is now 8 years free from this twat. Hope everything goes as well for her.

My wife said it was easier to deal with once she knew. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Fella be strong. Breast cancer treatment is way ahead of what it used to be, and if your step daughter is diligent enough to feel for lumps, then I'm damn sure she will have discovered it soon enough and I'm also damn sure that the treatment that is in place currently, will ensure your step daughter beats this bastard disease.

Having said that - there is still the biopsy result to wait for and not all lumps are cancerous, so be strong for her, your bird and the rest of the family in the mean time, they'll need you.  

They found another lump under her lymph nodes. She said everyone was pretty much in and out bar her. The doctor was pretty clear that it was cancer but can only be 100% confirmed by the biopsy.

I've read up though and the survival rates are very good which is great news. Hopefully a few tough months and she'll be fine

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

So spread to one lymph node at least, possibly  two. Needs a full body scan to check it hasn't spread anywhere else. So treatment plan is chemo to shrink then surgery. She's positive but upset. 

Lymph nodes are a cunt, hope treatment works. We had total faith in NHS.

• Upvote 1