You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

So spread to one lymph node at least, possibly  two. Needs a full body scan to check it hasn't spread anywhere else. So treatment plan is chemo to shrink then surgery. She's positive but upset. 

All the best mate, it is curable. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

So spread to one lymph node at least, possibly  two. Needs a full body scan to check it hasn't spread anywhere else. So treatment plan is chemo to shrink then surgery. She's positive but upset. 

My wifes sister had 14 lymph nodes removed 6 years ago because of breast cancer, all the way up to her armpit. 

Even though there were times things got on top of her bearing in mind she was also fighting lung cancer, she stayed positive throughout and kept her sense of humour.

She's still here and her last scan was clear.

The treatments available these days are so much better than they were and are getting better all the time, but having that positive mental attitude was crucial for her and got her through it.

Take what you will from this mate and my best wishes to her and your family.

• Upvote 5

Took stepdaughter for an mri and ct scan today. First time we've had chance speak properly since diagnosis. It's a grade 3 (not stage 3) cancer meaning it's aggressive. I'm hopeful that given its only spread to one lymph node that it won't have spread just waiting on those mri and ct results. Then chemo and surgery. I'm trying to be positive in that they've said lumpectomy rather than mastectomy it's a good sign.

She will lose her hair which means she'll have to tell her little lad. She had hoped to keep it from him and my other grandkids 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Took stepdaughter for an mri and ct scan today. First time we've had chance speak properly since diagnosis. It's a grade 3 (not stage 3) cancer meaning it's aggressive. I'm hopeful that given its only spread to one lymph node that it won't have spread just waiting on those mri and ct results. Then chemo and surgery. I'm trying to be positive in that they've said lumpectomy rather than mastectomy it's a good sign.

She will lose her hair which means she'll have to tell her little lad. She had hoped to keep it from him and my other grandkids 

My sister in law knowing that she was going to lose her hair decided to own it by shaving the lot off before she started treatment and starting as she meant to go on.

All part of the mindset. Amazing strength.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Sorry to hear this mate. Best wishes too her. Fuck this horrible bastard disease. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/10/2022 at 16:12, littletedwest said:

She, her mam, the kids, you and the rest of your family have my total and absolute best wishes and I believe she, by doing that right thing and raising it up at the right time, has put her ahead of this fucking thing.

Like many have said, stay strong, be positive (all of you) and you will together, beat this bastard disease. 

X

• Upvote 1

On 15/10/2022 at 16:12, littletedwest said:

Best wishes to you and your stepdaughter mate. Hope things work out for the best. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

So treatment is nine weeks of chemo then surgery followed by more chemo. The chemo sounds horrific quite frankly and it's using four different drugs. She is reasonably positive and thank god there is no spread. 

It's five months of treatment overall 

My thoughts go out to you all and everyone else reading this affected by this awful disease.

Imagine how this thread would read even 10 years ago maybe

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

So treatment is nine weeks of chemo then surgery followed by more chemo. The chemo sounds horrific quite frankly and it's using four different drugs. She is reasonably positive and thank god there is no spread. 

Thinking of you and family mate. Bastard of a disease 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Good luck to her mate. I think the combination of drugs is quite normal. I  had all kinds when I went through mine, I don't actually know how much difference it makes having more combinations. My last 3 month treatment was different drugs and far less than I had in my other treatments and was only a couple of hours compare to all day, but it knocked me way more than the bigger treatment. So I don't think there's a parallel between more complex drug combination to worse impact on the body. None of it'll be fun for her, it's shit, but hopefully she can find it manageable.

Get her to chat with other people at the chemo ward getting treatments. It's great for the mental health not feeling you're the only one going through it and you can learn a lot from others in how to deal with some of the side effects. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Just had a phone call about a mate who was my best man , the cancer we thought he had beat has spread to his liver he has about a month left , its proper knocked the crap out of me tonight 

Jesus christ mate that's horrible news. Really sorry to hear this J x 

Fuck this horrible bastard disease 

34 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Just had a phone call about a mate who was my best man , the cancer we thought he had beat has spread to his liver he has about a month left , its proper knocked the crap out of me tonight 

Fucks sake mate. I'm sorry.

• Upvote 1

On 17/08/2022 at 08:28, Pete said:

My mates wife had an operation on her liver yesterday.  They managed to remove all the cancer in the liver.  Next step is to fuck the colon cancer off. 

Colon op done.

Cunting disease hopefully removed. Chemo before Christmas to blast any stragglers and spots and then hopefully can return to a ‘normal’ life.  

• Upvote 7