You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

I thibk he would be perfect in the formation Kenny set up with last week v Everton which is fairly similar to what he has played for Blackpool most of the season.

We aren't in a position to sign top of the range players but he is definitely an improvement on the majority of our midfielders imo and is a better passer of the ball than any of our midfielders Gerrard apart and with movement around him I think he would be a decent asset.

I hope we sign him. I as part of the left footers union myself I enjoy watching left footers in action and we don't really have enough of them at the club. He has good ability and hopefully the mentality if we sign him to make the step up.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe so many on Adam to come here. He's just a very average midfielder.

He can play with all the freedom in the world in Holloway's side which accentuates his passing (which is by far his best attribute) and papers over how poor he is defensively/doing everything else I want to see from a midfield player. Blackpool's style also hides how many times he gives it away in terrible positions - it's sort of expected there - the media will have you believe anyway, but he'd be crucified here for the same mistakes.

A poor mans Danny Murphy is about the best description that came to mind when I was typing this.

Hasn't Pacheco played in a similar to Adam's Blackpool, forward looking centre mid role before? I'd give him a go before wasting £4m plus on more mediocre squad cloggers.

Pointless signing. Just not good enough. And why shouldnt we be in a position to sign top notch?

He is just another Michael Tonge.

Wake up mate. Clubs in our position have got to take a gamble on players who are showing potential. This is simply because if Adam had been the star performer consistently for two seasons we wouldnt have any chance of getting him.

The reason the other big guns arent that fussed with him is because they have the luxury of HAVING BETTER PLAYERS THAN US. They dont need to take risks.

When Wenger was plotting the Arsenal revolution Henry arrived as write-off winger, Viera was in AC Milan resereves! Im sure plenty of gooners were ranting off at how they should be buying the best, not those flops.

He's worth the gamble, is definately an improvement to our squad, but I do hope, unlike the past two seasons, we dont pay well over the top for him.

Can't believe so many on Adam to come here. He's just a very average midfielder.

He can play with all the freedom in the world in Holloway's side which accentuates his passing (which is by far his best attribute) and papers over how poor he is defensively/doing everything else I want to see from a midfield player. Blackpool's style also hides how many times he gives it away in terrible positions - it's sort of expected there - the media will have you believe anyway, but he'd be crucified here for the same mistakes.

A poor mans Danny Murphy is about the best description that came to mind when I was typing this.

Hasn't Pacheco played in a similar to Adam's Blackpool, forward looking centre mid role before? I'd give him a go before wasting £4m plus on more mediocre squad cloggers.

Which world class central midfielder do you envisage us signing right now?

Odd one this - he's clearly a talented player, but it doesn't strike me as a priority position when we need a defensive central midfielder (let alone striker, centre-back, left-back...)

But more to the point I just don't see how he can be effective for us. Blackpool's strengths are pace and width - ie movement for him to pass to. We have a static and narrow front line for him to aim at - Kuyt, Maxi, Cole and Jovanovic, plus a largely disinterested (this season) Torres. I just don't see how we will play to Adam's strengths, and as a result it will highlight his weaknesses (esp lack of pace and mobility, lack of defensive protection).

A decent addition, therefore, but it doesn't suggest we have our priorities right. Above all, I'm staggered we aren't linked with a centre-back or a defensive midfielder.

I'm not too sure about Adam, but all of us on here are guilty of complaining that we don't/won't/can't pick up any bargains from the English leagues. If, say, Everton bought him and he turned into a succes, the same knobs on here already slagging the signing off would be questioning why we missed out on him. Exactly the same as Jagielka when we were supposedly after him. He's worth a gamble And he actually looks half decent when I've seen him, eye for a pass,good free kicks. If a player hasn't played for a big club and is not a promising youngster (we've seen enough off them!) and is not foreign that automatically qualifies him as not being good enough! I get the impression on here that most would prefer us to spunk the money on an untried young Spanish lad from a lower league Spanish team, with a bit of promise than buying a proven British player.

Guest San Don
How about we just sign Steve fucking Stone while we're at it.

That's the calibre of player we're talking about.

I don't see utd, chelsea, arsenal, city or spurs rushing out to sign him.

We should be aspiring to more than charlie adam for fucks sake.

What, so we should only look to sign the players united, chelsea arsenal or city are chasing? And how many of these players do you honestly think we'll be able to sign in competition with any of those clubs?

And while we're at it, you're happy to call the King on his targets are you?

It amazes me, so many of our fans forget our club was built on and won most of our trophies by signing players exactly like adam. Players like Keegan, Toshack, Cormack, Aldridge, Barnes, Beardsley etc.

Do I need to go on? Yeah, let's sign all these players who demand 100k a week pluc massive signing on fees then watch their hunger disappear after a season or two.

People need to wise up. We need players with hunger to play football not for the riches of the pay packet but, for the riches in trophies they want to win.

Adam is exactly the type of footballer we should be looking at.

Besides, if the King reckons he'll do a job for us, that's enough for me.

Guest San Don
Strange move this. The fee may be small but I don't see the point in making bids for somebody who has had 6 months of good form in his career.

Think you need to do some research. He's been in good form for more than 6 months. OK some of it was in the Championship and maybe even league one but as we say, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Have a read of this

Charlie Adam: The Scottish starlet whose career hit the skids... is now Mr Blackpool | Mail Online

I'm not too sure about Adam, but all of us on here are guilty of complaining that we don't/won't/can't pick up any bargains from the English leagues. If, say, Everton bought him and he turned into a succes, the same knobs on here already slagging the signing off would be questioning why we missed out on him. Exactly the same as Jagielka when we were supposedly after him. He's worth a gamble And he actually looks half decent when I've seen him, eye for a pass,good free kicks. If a player hasn't played for a big club and is not a promising youngster (we've seen enough off them!) and is not foreign that automatically qualifies him as not being good enough! I get the impression on here that most would prefer us to spunk the money on an untried young Spanish lad from a lower league Spanish team, with a bit of promise than buying a proven British player.

spot on mate

Think you need to do some research. He's been in good form for more than 6 months. OK some of it was in the Championship and maybe even league one but as we say, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Have a read of this

Charlie Adam: The Scottish starlet whose career hit the skids... is now Mr Blackpool | Mail Online

He couldn't get a game at Rangers. He has a handful of international caps for a country that qualifies for nothing.

He may be better than Poulsen and Lucas but he isn't good enough. He'll be another bench warmer.

It amazes me, so many of our fans forget our club was built on and won most of our trophies by signing players exactly like adam. Players like Keegan, Toshack, Cormack, Aldridge, Barnes, Beardsley etc.

Do I need to go on? QUOTE]

How many of them were 25 when we signed them? He's hit a bit of form during a journeyman career, we should stay well clear.

He couldn't get a game at Rangers. He has a handful of international caps for a country that qualifies for nothing.

He may be better than Poulsen and Lucas but he isn't good enough. He'll be another bench warmer.

Which means that in future we will have better bench warmers than we have now, which is one element of making us a more successful club. At this moment in time we are clearly not going to be able to sign any world class central midfielders, but we do need players who will improve us and give us more options in the short-medium term. I think the move for Suarez should be evidnce enough that we are also looking to bring in quality first team players for the long-term as well.

How did Lucas, one of our best performers for the past year and a steadily improving young player who gives his all, and Poulsen, a useless old carthorse shipped in from Italy by a senile clown, get lumped together as players of similar quality?

What, so we should only look to sign the players united, chelsea arsenal or city are chasing? And how many of these players do you honestly think we'll be able to sign in competition with any of those clubs?

And while we're at it, you're happy to call the King on his targets are you?

Do I need to go on? Yeah, let's sign all these players who demand 100k a week pluc massive signing on fees then watch their hunger disappear after a season or two.

People need to wise up. We need players with hunger to play football not for the riches of the pay packet but, for the riches in trophies they want to win.

Adam is exactly the type of footballer we should be looking at.

Besides, if the King reckons he'll do a job for us, that's enough for me.

We've signed too much shite over the years on the back of a half decent season. The list is endless. I think he'd be another in a long line.

I think though he would bring that hunger you're particularly looking for. Looks like he's got a good appetite. For Lard.