You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of positivity receiving the news that we're trying to sign Charlie Adam.

Did everyone feel this good about him say, this time last year?

Just a thought.

He hadn't impressed in the Premier League then though, had he?

Another point, he's also got a fucking good set-piece delivery in his arsenal and can take a good direct free kick as well.

Good passer, scores a few goals, gets a few assists, helps the team win some points.

I don't see the problem. He's better than Spearing and Poulsen and has more experience than JonJo. I think he would be a great buy for 5-6 million. Anything more and I'd prefer we waited until the summer and bought a better player, but we're in dire need of some talent right now and I think he'd be perfect.

No he isn't. He's competing with the likes of Spearing and Poulsen. He's better than both.

Don't agree at all.

He's not a Masch type player which Poulsen is masquerading as. And Spearing isn't either. so he's not competing with either of them.

For me he's competing with Gerrard and Meireles. And will come third.

More money on dross. A shambles.

But it isn't like for like.

Poulsen is hopeless but he has a defined role. Adam is creative and not a replacement for Poulsen. I just don't see the point in throwing £5m at a player like Adam.

I need anti-depressants.

I don't necessarily think we should go like for like. Lucas can ably fill that role and the Adam signing would give us something we're lacking massively at the moment.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like him to come in. He could turn out to be a very good signing and at a price of around £5m, it would be worth taking the risk.

People are waltzing through our midfield as it is. Adam would be no sort of replacement for Lucas.
Which is what I was getting at there. He's a good player, but not the type we should be pushing for. Odd that you edited out the part of my post that contextualised my final sentence.

Meireles for me has not made himself an automatic choice for the first 11 and Id play adam ahead of him.

If you think this, be prepared to be disappointed!

Right, made my point a enough now.

To summarise: Not good enough. More mediocre money on mediocre players. Players we don't even need.

Nothing further, your honour.

Don't agree at all.

He's not a Masch type player which Poulsen is masquerading as. And Spearing isn't either. so he's not competing with either of them.

For me he's competing with Gerrard and Meireles. And will come third.

More money on dross. A shambles.

You're talking shite mate.

Guest ShoePiss

He's defo worth 5m, of the little I've seen him play he looks good. Possibly better than Lucas and certainly better option than Poulson, Spearing and Shelvey (I think he'll grow into a good player).

He hadn't impressed in the Premier League then though, had he?

Another point, he's also got a fucking good set-piece delivery in his arsenal and can take a good direct free kick as well.

Steady on with that 'trying to beat the first man' shite you're coming out with there, mate.

If you think this, be prepared to be disappointed!

Right, made my point a enough now.

To summarise: Not good enough. More mediocre money on mediocre players. Players we don't even need.

Nothing further, your honour.

Adam has shown he can pull of fantastic passes,set pieces and also score goals.

Raul has shown he is an all rounder but is average in all areas of his game.

Adam is also more powerful and younger then raul, if he came here I think he would displace raul.

Which is what in your view?

How would you see us lining up with Adam?

I think he'd be a great option to have on the bench at first. In the long run, he could turn into a great signing. To be honest, how we are going to line up depends on if we can get that much needed striker in.

I like the player but think his position is the least problematical in the squad at present as we have Gerrard, Raul, Cole & Lucas of similar ilk.

We need wide men, defensive mids, left back, striker & central defenders before we need a creative midfielder imo.

If we do get him it might point to Joe Cole being on his way out to my mind.