You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Scotsman, says Ian McTavish.......... Blackpool boss Ian Holloway on his in-demand midfielder Charlie Adam: "There are three teams in and around us in the league who have all offered unbelievably little amounts of money for him (Liverpool, Aston Villa Birmingham). I am disappointed by that - £2.5m, £3.5m and £4m. Any chance of putting a one in front of that and you might have a chance. If he's only worth £4m then I'm a Scotsman called McTavish."

BBC Sport - Football - Live - Saturday's football

Price not right for Adam | Sky Sports | Blackpool News | Football | Premier League

Ian Holloway has warned rival Premier League managers they will have to pay over £10million to sign Blackpool captain Charlie Adam.

Speaking after his side's narrow 2-1 home defeat to Sunderland, Holloway again described recent bids from Aston Villa,Birmingham and Liverpool for the 25-year-old as "insulting".

Holloway insisted that Adam will not be leaving Bloomfield Road unless the club receives a much improved offer.

Flattered

He said: "It's a simple fact that if he's in contract and a club doesn't come up with the amount of money we think is right then it doesn't matter.

"Because it's Liverpool he's very flattered because they are a huge club. But what disappoints me is all the messing around - we're halfway through January.

"If you are going to buy someone then offer the right amount of money and give us the chance to move on.

"Three teams round us in the league have offered unbelievably poor offers for a player of his quality.

"We've had three bids of £2.5million, £3.5million and £4million - any chance of putting a one in front of that and then you're being realistic."

Scotland international Adam waved to all sections of the Blackpool crowd before heading down the tunnel.

But Holloway played down the suggestions Adam was waving farewell to Bloomfield Road.

Measly

He said: "I don't think so - not for that measly amount of money.

"It is quite upsetting that the boy is being courted but not for a fair amount of money.

"We're not stupid and we're not little Blackpool. We've got some very good players and if you want them then you pay the right amount of money.

"There is no pressure to sell. The only pressure I've got is that Charlie has a plan and I have a plan. He wants the best for the club as well.

"But I find the offers very insulting. Look at some of his passing - £4million for that?"

Holloway said: "I was thinking Liverpool and Charlie. I thought fantastic what a great club for him to go to and them when I heard the bid I thought it was disgraceful.

"I don't think it was Kenny that put that offer in. Mr (Damien) Comolli (Liverpool's director of football strategy) should look at what is going on and get realistic.

"What they offered is about the price Charlie would have been worth when Kenny was last playing.

"Is it a destabilising tactic from the three clubs, Birmingham, Aston Villa and now Liverpool? I don't know.

"Maybe I am the only one who can see what his value might be. It is all right admiring something. I like my neighbour's car but if I don't pay the right amount of money for it I ain't going to get it.

"They had better start by putting a figure one in front of the complete rubbish they have been offering so far."

Read more: Blackpool 1-2 Sunderland reaction Ian Holloway slams 'disgraceful' Liverpool bid for Charlie Adam and reveals Birmingham and Aston Villa have also been rejected - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Lucas is not good enough for a top team either.

I don't think that's true. He's certainly better than Darren Fletcher, and in terms of club form, regularly outperforms his compatriots Sandro and Ramires (though, it's reasonable to say that Ramires is at the distinct disadvantage of having had significantly less time to find form in a new league). Indeed, Lucas is a regular in the Brazil squad. He's not a spectacular, not a total world-beater, but I think certainly merits his place in the team.

You cant blame Holloway for the line he's taking on this. He does not want the lad to go because he is very important to them and if he does go, he'll want top dollar so he can go out and strengthen sufficiently to ensure they stay up. They will struggle without him.

I don't think that's true. He's certainly better than Darren Fletcher, and in terms of club form, regularly outperforms his compatriots Sandro and Ramires (though, it's reasonable to say that Ramires is at the distinct disadvantage of having had significantly less time to find form in a new league). Indeed, Lucas is a regular in the Brazil squad. He's not a spectacular, not a total world-beater, but I think certainly merits his place in the team.

He most certainly is not.