You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in terms of just passing alone he is the nearest thing I've seen to Xabi in the Premier League

of course he isnt as good in other areas but he is a player that interests me greatly, someone said he has more bad games than good but I cant say I've ever seen him have a bad game, it remains to be seen whether he could be as influential here in a team with bigger names as he is playing in a side who are doing unbelievably well for their talent but I'd be happy for us to take a chance on him for anything under £6million if possible, also was impressed when i saw him on the left wing at Rangers, not sure what went wrong for him there

I think it's an interesting move, may spell the end of Cole, or one of Lucas and Raul. Probably Lucas, wouldn't be surprised if he moves on next year. Decent player but never really the quality we need.

We may also see a lot more of Jonjo and Spearing. I'd only really expect one of them to establish themselves though.

Gerrard is also getting older, are we building for the future. As players age they tend to drop deeper, can he do the same?

So we'd have Gerrard, Adam, Raul, Jonjo/Spearing and maybe one more?

Thanks be to fuck this place didn't exist in the 80's..imagine the outcry then.

AHHHHHHH Steve McMahon..Steve Staunton..Kenny has lost the plot

Peter Beardsley ,sure he's a manc reject .John fuckin Barnes ,sure he's shit for England..How about having a bit of faith in the manager and his ability to tell a player from shite.I know its a concept we're unused to ,but those people over the age of 30 should surely be able to recall the feeling

Peter Beardsley ,sure he's a manc reject .John fuckin Barnes ,sure he's shit for England..How about having a bit of faith in the manager and his ability to tell a player from shite.I know its a concept we're unused to ,but those people over the age of 30 should surely be able to recall the feeling

Lol is right!

We are crying out for creativity throughout the team.

Adam has something none of the other midfielders bar Gerrard can offer and that is the ability to pass the ball to a team with precision.

Personally i think if we upped our offer to around the £6m amount we would get him and thats a small outlay for a player who would improve the squad.

We are crying out for creativity throughout the team.

Adam has something none of the other midfielders bar Gerrard can offer and that is the ability to pass the ball to a team with precision.

Personally i think if we upped our offer to around the £6m amount we would get him and thats a small outlay for a player who would improve the squad.

Agreed. I'm actually looking forward to this being completed.

If he signed tonight could he play tomorrow? Or is it too late now?

As well as being good technically, I like the fact that he is a leader and takes responsibility on the pitch. We don't have enough players like that. He'd definitely be an asset for the scrap we are in.

Something we're seriously lacking in .Too many sheep and no fucking men.Carra,Gerrard and Reina apart ,everyone else is a mouse.You don't win titles with mice ,you need strong leaders everywhere.

I think it's an interesting move, may spell the end of Cole, or one of Lucas and Raul. Probably Lucas, wouldn't be surprised if he moves on next year. Decent player but never really the quality we need.

He's been our most consistent player this season, head and shoulders above most. Why would we move him on when he's starting to show his potential? He destroyed Chelsea at Anfield.

Then we are back to the squad v first XI beaut of an argument.

I would prefer we made signings to improve the first XI. Even if it meant missing out on three potential squad members.

Something we're seriously lacking in .Too many sheep and no fucking men.Carra,Gerrard and Reina apart ,everyone else is a mouse.You don't win titles with mice ,you need strong leaders everywhere.

That's why even shit Man U teams win titles. Because even though they may not have the quality of players of years gone by, they don't lack fight.

Then we are back to the squad v first XI beaut of an argument.

I would prefer we made signings to improve the first XI. Even if it meant missing out on three potential squad members.

Adam would not just be a squad player though mate i think he would feature in the starting eleven.

Dalglish could play Lucas in the centre with Adam and Gerrard playing just in front of him both supporting Torres with their quality passing range.

Major Tom being quite shrewd in this thread.

Adam is doing a decent job at Blackpool, at 25, but over the course of his career he's more of a Hodgson than anything.

Don't want to knock the way he's playing - which is good - but I don't see why we're trying to sign him. The idea that he's better than Meireles is fucking ludicrous. Based on what - 6 months of football? Where was he when Raul was playing in the World Cup? Where was he the last five odd years when Raul was in the squad winning the Portuguese League?

Knee jerk rubbish, tbh. He might carry the illusion of being better than one of our midfielders, but he won't be. The fact is that - whatever our level of quality at the moment - when people line up against us, they know they're playing Liverpool and can't give our players a second of space. When they play Blackpool, it's different, and Adam would be treated in a completely different way by the opposition here than he is there.

Don't need a player like Adam. We need to replace Poulsen with a top quality DM, which, though I love him, Lucas isn't. That is our midfield priority. AM and CM can wait.

Fair enough to the King if he buys him and gets him playing well. He knows the squad better than I. But as an armchair supporter, I don't think we should break the bank for him.

Fair enough to the King if he buys him and gets him playing well. He knows the squad better than I. But as an armchair supporter, I don't think we should break the bank for him.

Unfuckingreal...your armchair gives you more of a insight than the guy who won us the double

The fees being bandied about though, it's not exactly breaking the bank is it?

No. And if we get him for four million, decent. If we get him for six, decent: as long as we can afford to reinforce where we need to alongside that. My point is that he is not, as far as I would opine, a crucial player, and if his fee starts interfering with more important areas we need to strengthen, we'd be better off focussing on those than him.

Not that I'm suggesting we're doing the opposite. Just chucking my 2p in, for what it's worth.

Guest ShoePiss

Not sure what the point is here, trust Kenny? I don't remember talk before McMahon signed for us or Staunton but I remember his debut, he was an absolute bargain and plucked out of nowhere. McMahon turned out to be a great signing in his first season too.

I remember the talk before Beardsley and Barnes came, they were the best around, there was no doubt they were the best available and, I think this place would be buzzing if it was around when those two signed.