You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

We are crying out for creativity throughout the team.

Adam has something none of the other midfielders bar Gerrard can offer and that is the ability to pass the ball to a team with precision.

Personally i think if we upped our offer to around the £6m amount we would get him and thats a small outlay for a player who would improve the squad.

Agreed Coop. In fact I'd play him instead of Lucas. He can do what Lucas does, and he has more strings to his bow.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are crying out for creativity throughout the team.

Adam has something none of the other midfielders bar Gerrard can offer and that is the ability to pass the ball to a team with precision.

Personally i think if we upped our offer to around the £6m amount we would get him and thats a small outlay for a player who would improve the squad.

Excisely

I want him, simple as that. I disagree with some people about Spearing and Shelvey. Spearing has shown already that he'll never be good enough, and It'll take a couple of seasons of bit part football before that sort of judgement can be passed on Shelvey. Spearing and Poulsen out, Have a punt on Adam and look at bringing in an experienced DM in the summer.

For the figures being mentioned, even as a quality back up, he'd be a good signing. If the fee remans below 7m then surely, if he's under a decent length contract, we'd recoup most of that in the scenario where it didn't work out.

Some posters seem to go from saying he's alonsoesque, would 'transform' the team and better than player x, to then in the same breathe saying they wouldn't pay more then 8m.

Would be a good purchase this. Great player this lad and defo happy we are in for him.

But I fear that if they sell him it could derail their season a bit, that will be there issue, with only 10 or 11 days to go in the window can they replace him in time ?

Not our problem but its their problem and could affect the deal.

Id buy him and loan him back til the end of the season.

It is hard to say if he's just good in a bad bunch, or if he's actually really good and capable of repeating his preformances and keep getting better season after season.

If it's the latter, anything below 7 million is a good deal.

We have desperately missed Alonso since he went, and while Adam certainly is not on Alonsos level, he's got a few similar qualities, he's a good passer, good positional sense, always moving and always looking for the ball. If it was not for him Blackpool would not have done so well this season, that is for damn sure.

Would be a good purchase this. Great player this lad and defo happy we are in for him.

But I fear that if they sell him it could derail their season a bit, that will be there issue, with only 10 or 11 days to go in the window can they replace him in time ?

Give em Poulsen and a bag of gold and tell them good luck ;)

ok, i'll bite. i assume this is a joke?

I think hed be a good players for us.He is not flashy or a big name but he gets the job done and can play.We have few players who look comfortable on the ball ,he is good in with the ball and can pick a pass.Hed also be good over our dead ball situation were we are awfull.He is only 25 aswell so could still improve a bit.Be interesting o see how good he is with some better players around him

I'm sure he has a claim outstanding in the courts over unpaid bonus a figure around 20k and the talk was that if he won the case he would be able to be a free agent and have his contract cancelled i could be wrong like but im sure this was the case

Liverpool would do well to buy him for a number of reasons

1) It would allow us to move Poulson on and if need be cash in on Lucus for double the price

2) That would bring in around 10m to be put towards a new LB at the end of the season

3) Allow for the player swap deal with Real Madrid bringing Alonso back for Johnson giving us a midfield for Next season Alonso Adam Spearing Jonjo Meirales and maybe another bosman signing

All this done without splashing out any additional costs on our part while improving on what we have at the moment with 3 of the possible 6 qualifing as home grown Warnock Kelly Patches and Carra and bring in another UK CB moving on The Greek

4) allow for a swap deal with West Ham Konchelsky and Joe Cole going one way and either Parker or Carlton Cole moving the other way or both with a cash sum should they go down

That lot would give us Captains or Captain like in Gerrard Parker Adam and Alonso Cara Torres and the Portugeese LB, Suarez, enough on the pitch at anyone time to make a difference

Ok so not all will be possible but in doing this this type of thing allows Kenny to reshape the squad with players who can pass the ball in the middle of the park and find red shirts as well as covering the back 4 and put a bit of steal into the team

That is how i would go anyway

Surprised by the negative reaction of many on here for us being in for him. Seems like a quality squad addition to me. He's made a bigger contribution for Blackpool in half a season in the Premiership than Babel made during his whole time with us.

We need to be after players of this quality to give our pretty shallow squad a bit of depth. Our squad is filled with players who have contributed very little in reality and not every purchase is going to be £20 million+ big name players. Bring him him in and ship out the likes of Cole, Poulsen and Jovanovich following Babel through the door.