You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Samsung Galaxy S

Funkasy

Okey , im looking for a new phone and there are 3 phones that im thinking about

Samsung Galaxy S, Iphone4 or HTC Desire

I have been reading through the HTC and iphone threads and didn't find any samsung thread. Anyone got this phone and what are your thought ?

Here's some youtube eye candy (cant embed)

Okay. Basically, the Galaxy S is the same as the Desire, but with a better screen and different branding. With Android, you can root and get your own custom ROMs, get Froyo, etc. I highly recommend either. The iPhone is only any good when jailbroken, and that isn't available for the new ones yet. No release date in sight either.

Been having the same dilemma, except I'm looking at the new Desire HD & Desire Z instead of the Desire (

).

If you're going for the Galaxy S, wait till the end of the month. They are releasing 2 updates to the phone. One to fix the GPS (it takes ages to lock onto the satellite), and one to upgrade the operating system to Android 2.2. From what I have seen, there is a slight lag on the phone at the moment, and that should be sorted with the operating system upgrade.

Much better screen on the iphone, but I wouldn't advise anyone to buy it as it's a flawed model.

I've looked at the galaxy and a few of the HTCs but I think I'll stick with my 3gs until the iphone 5 comes out.

You mean the Galaxy S is a flawed model? It's the most powerful phone in the world, my friend.

The iphone4.

As for the galaxy being the most powerful phone in the world, well I'll let you have your opinion. It would be a boring place without them.

I was goin to wait for the desire hd, but having seen it first hand i've come to the conclusion that its too big, infact its massive. The Galaxy is a little on the large side aswell, but the screen is mighterly impressive, the best of all the current smartphones imo. The things that let it down for me though is it has no camera light or flash and has a really cheap plastic feel to it.

I've opted for the HTC desire myself, its a cracking phone and i'd recommend it to anybody. Its not too big either. The only possible downside is the battery life when using apps, but there are ways to get around that and make it last that little bit longer.

The iphone4.

As for the galaxy being the most powerful phone in the world, well I'll let you have your opinion. It would be a boring place without them.

The A4 CPU inside the iPhone4 was designed by Samsung & Apple. The Hummingbird CPU inside the Galaxy S is the same as the A4, but with a better GPU.

• 3 weeks later...
I was goin to wait for the desire hd, but having seen it first hand i've come to the conclusion that its too big, infact its massive. The Galaxy is a little on the large side aswell, but the screen is mighty impressive, the best of all the current smartphones imo. The things that let it down for me though is it has no camera light or flash and has a really cheap plastic feel to it.

I've opted for the HTC desire myself, its a cracking phone and i'd recommend it to anybody. Its not too big either. The only possible downside is the battery life when using apps, but there are ways to get around that and make it last that little bit longer.

Lycan,

I got a HTC Desire from o2 as an upgrade about a fortnight ago. It seems like a cracking piece of kit but not without its issues. I'm a fairly light user. I've fully charged/discharged the battery several times and have the wireless/GPS turned off unless I'm using them but am still horrified by the poor battery life. (I lost 3 bars while on the phone with o2 for 20 mins regarding another billing issue today)

Have you any tips to preserve battery life that I'm missing on the forums?

TIA,