You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

if you were torres

I would do exactly what Torres is going to do which is basically not worry about it or make any decisions until after the world cup.

If Rafa is still here and we dont have new owners with no new players then I would leave.

If we had a new manager and the same owners I would want to see what the new manager had to say.

If we had new Owners and Rafa staying it would depend if I thought Rafa could take the club forward or not.

If we had new owners and new manager I would owe it to the club to give it one more season.

But I wouldnt be making any of those decisions until after the world cup when things will become a lot clearer.

Unless we get investment well in advance of the close of the summer transfer window, and there is also a change of manager asap then next season will be a write-off.

Torres will probably give us another season, but there needs to be significant change both on and off the pitch and quick.

I would be gutted if Torres left, but I wouldn't blame him if he wants out. We are in a mess and it will probably get worse before it gets better.

He owes us another season. By this time next season, he won't want to leave.

Following on from your other post you seem very optimistic that the future looks bright, you don't seem the sort for misleading so it seems to contradict the view what most people hold. I'm intrigued..

i'd look at myself in the mirrior and be like wow i'm really really good looking then i'd realise there is more to life than being really really good looking, and continue to be the best striker on the planet.

If i was Torres....

Hmmm.

I'd realise how lucky i am to be employed by one of the worlds greatest clubs. I'd be seriously annoyed that as a team, we'd had a shocker this season - and i'd vow to fix it. I'd make sure every player i sat across the dressing room from realised that - as much as the ownership created a distraction, we, the players, had let the club and the fans down massively by the endless lacklustre performances throughout the season. I'd double my efforts in training and i'd be the first to let my feelings known to any team-mate who i felt wasn't pulling their weight, because this is Liverpool Football Club - and anything less than 100% should not be tolerated.

I'd then give everything i've got to ensure this calamity of a season was merely a blip, and return this once great champion, to its rightful place at the crest of English Football.

The thing is - i genuinely believe Fernando Torres isn't that different to me.

Its the other players i have doubts about

If i was Torres....

Hmmm.

I'd realise how lucky i am to be employed by one of the worlds greatest clubs. I'd be seriously annoyed that as a team, we'd had a shocker this season - and i'd vow to fix it. I'd make sure every player i sat across the dressing room from realised that - as much as the ownership created a distraction, we, the players, had let the club and the fans down massively by the endless lacklustre performances throughout the season. I'd double my efforts in training and i'd be the first to let my feelings known to any team-mate who i felt wasn't pulling their weight, because this is Liverpool Football Club - and anything less than 100% should not be tolerated.

I'd then give everything i've got to ensure this calamity of a season was merely a blip, and return this once great champion, to its rightful place at the crest of English Football.

The thing is - i genuinely believe Fernando Torres isn't that different to me.

Its the other players i have doubts about

You've watched any given sunday too many times... now is a time for mourning... save the speeches come July when the Europa Cup campaign kicks off.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

It's not for him to decide. As Shanks would say 'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean your knee, it’s Liverpool’s knee'.

I would ask Carra if he could recommend a good barber's.

And I would realise that Liverpool have been good to me. I owe the fans a little more than walking away because of a bad season. I couldn't kick them when they're down.

Unless something happens with the owners and the financial situation on the next weeks, I would leave. With he's knees he won't be playing at top level for so long, so I would be wanting to win something soon.

Don't really agree that he owes us anything. He's been injured a lot, but is still our top scorer. He's justified his transfer fee and wages by his performances and goals in my opinion, especially compared plenty of his team-mates.

Wouldn't really blame any of the players for wanting to leave this mess of a club, even Gerrard.