You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Why can't they?

What bit about people dying and if you give them a few quid they won't is too hard to conceive? When you see little kids dying in news footage how can you not feel empathy for them? I thought I was meant to be the one who didn't think much of the general populace.

I repeat what I said before, one million pounds given to find one little girl is obscene given the need of others.

Which makes fees for footballers even more sickening...

Oh man, I couldn't resist then. Even if it is one of the best posters on here.

Sorry Paul.

Don't be daft Jules - that didn't need an explanation. The best humourous posts never use the smiley get out card.

• Downvote 1

Was being dismissive of Thants comment about how much he knows about you because he's been around so long he must know as much as the rest of us. As I say, obviously clear only to me.

Dismisser. Maybe its selective memory. Or maybe I'm jsut a but thick. I dont know about his evening wear, for sure.

To be honest, I agree to a slight extent with Chris' original post and the "single parent" analogy is one I've used many times. Don't get me wrong, I feel incredible sympathy to the McCanns and losing your child in such circumstances has to be the worst thing in the world but it's the media's portrayal of the parents of the family which does my head in when, as said before, a working class single mum would have got all kinds of shit thrown at her.

It's not the McCanns I feel resent towards, it's the fickle media- especially when, no matter which way you look at it, you shouldn't ever leave a 3 year old in a hotel room without a responsible adult, even if the door is locked- especially seeing as the hotel had a creche. It's just common sense.

Chris, as I said, I kind of agree with you in one way, but I don't think you did yourself any favours with the tone of your original post, but I like to think that if you had the chance, you'd write it in a more sympathetic manner because you raised the odd point worth debating.

Chris, as I said, I kind of agree with you in one way, but I don't think you did yourself any favours with the tone of your original post, but I like to think that if you had the chance, you'd write it in a more sympathetic manner because you raised the odd point worth debating.

I have apologised for the tone of my original post. It was written in a pissed off tone, designed to piss people off to a certain extent. If youy read through the rest of the thread, everything else is pretty reasoned.

I don't think Paul's easily offended. I expect he's known at school as Mr Twatton, even though the kids know he's not actually a twat* at all.

* Even though he gets six weeks off for summer, before turning in for a few weeks and getting another week off.

Ha, ha - almost certainly. I was once affectionately (I hope) referred to as The Nattonator. It's pathetic when teachers want to be liked (as opposed to respected) by kids, but I have to confess that that one was ace.

Ha, ha - almost certainly. I was once affectionately (I hope) referred to as The Nattonator. It's pathetic when teachers want to be liked (as opposed to respected) by kids, but I have to confess that that one was ace.

I can see it now...

Kid: Twatton

Paul: What did you just call me?

Kid: Nothing sir

Paul: I heard you call me something

Kid: I called you.....erm.....wait.....erm...The Nattonator sir

Paul: Ah, OK

*they DO love me after all*

Kid (under breath): Wanker

Paul: What!?

Kid: Thanks sir

I can see it now...