You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Ground Plans

WaltonRed

It looks nothing like that whatsoever. Brod's post about it looking like nothing he's seen before is spot on. It wasn't what I expected at all. I think I like it, especially the checkered seating on the Kop.

No-one will be able to accuse the Americans of giving us a bland bowl like the Reebok or Riverside though, that's for damn sure. The Kop is definitely the focal point of it all, it looks huge and if the design is done right so that the noise stays in then it will be pretty intimidating on European nights.

And before anyone asks, no I can't say how I've seen it and no I can't post any pictures!

how did you get to see it? any pics?;)

It looks nothing like that whatsoever. Brod's post about it looking like nothing he's seen before is spot on. It wasn't what I expected at all. I think I like it, especially the checkered seating on the Kop.

No-one will be able to accuse the Americans of giving us a bland bowl like the Reebok or Riverside though, that's for damn sure. The Kop is definitely the focal point of it all, it looks huge and if the design is done right so that the noise stays in then it will be pretty intimidating on European nights.

And before anyone asks, no I can't say how I've seen it and no I can't post any pictures!

New York Red on YNWA said he changed his mind. After initially saying that it looked like the Lucas Oil Stadium he then said pretty much what you have said in that its nothing like he has seen before and is a very futuristic design.

Obviously you cant post pics or nothing Dave but whats your feeling on this new design getting passed by the planning department as due to what people are saying who have seen the designs its nothing like our original plan.

Obviously you cant post pics or nothing Dave but whats your feeling on this new design getting passed by the planning department as due to what people are saying who have seen the designs its nothing like our original plan.

I haven't got a clue how any of that works so who knows. It is absolutely nothing like the original plan in design, but maybe there isn't too much difference in the space it takes up? As I say, it's not a subject I have the first clue on though.

I haven't got a clue how any of that works so who knows. It is absolutely nothing like the original plan in design, but maybe there isn't too much difference in the space it takes up? As I say, it's not a subject I have the first clue on though.

Is it still Grey on the outside, I though that part of the planning permission didn't allow for it to be certain colours.

I'll also take it that by 'huge' that you mean very tall, is that fair comment.

Miles better than the old one, but then it'd be hard not to be. It is futuristic, yes.

Chears me dears :thumbsup:

I presume by chequered you mean red and white alternated seats?

The main point raised was that it was going to be a bit of a unsymetrical mess. as long as it's a top stadium, I don't care much further than that (knowing already what you said about the kop).

Thanks for the info

My (limited) understanding is if we keep the capacity and footprint the same, any changes will be eased through planning as the major part of successfully winning permission was the traffic and environmental plans. Any increases in capacity with require revisiting the above two aspects in detail.

Is it weird/futuristic like these stadia or something different altogether? Are the corners filled in?

those are my 3 favorite design. The shanghai one at the bottom is incredible exterior design.

I doubt our stadium has the same type of bubble type exterior though. If it has then it won't be a mess at all.

Figaro is hilarious. He blatantly buys the Spanish press of a morning, reads the gossip section and retells it on YNWA with added "yeah, it was his agent who told me while I was eating in a dead posh restaurant that none of you could afford to eat in".

So is Figaro an anagram of Red Nick ? not good at anagrams me .....

Dave, when you say you think you like it is this because its so different from what you expected and from any other football ground?

When are pictures of the ground likely to be released? Originally people were saying the new plans would be submitted on the 18 but in that interview with Hicks he mentioned the 28, any ideas.

Red and White Chequered seats might look like pink on some photos. I hope we aren't turning pink! In fact I just hope it's not a way of sneaking salmon pink past us in some kind of ground-sharing idea.

Is Thursday the official unveiling?

My guess is that it'll be square blocks of red and white seats going across the stand and the same coming down the stand although these would be staggered so it looked like a chequered red and white flag waving.

I hope so anyway. :drool: