You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Ground Plans

WaltonRed

Yeah, I'm sure that will help SM, but it was actually being able to get into the matches that left such a big impression on me and a love for the club that will be with me until my dying days....

....I think the increase in capacity is a chance to win the support of many kids in the area if we were to make a conscious effort, but I think the need to pay off the loans for the stadium will see high ticket prices sold to whoever is willing to pay.

I wonder if anyone else remembers saving up their school dinner money and paying 50p (possibly 75p) to get into the boy's pen?

I think an increased capacity has to make provision for the young, local fans of the moment.

Racecourse car park plan for new football stadiums

Aug 1 2007 by Larry Neild, Liverpool Daily Post

A HUGE park-and-ride scheme based at Aintree Racecourse could provide a solution to transport problems for Liverpool and Everton FC’s new stadiums.

Transport chief Neil Scales last night confirmed that talks were under way with the owners of the racecourse about basing a major park-and-ride service at Aintree.

It could mean thousands of motorists leaving their cars at the course and heading in shuttle buses to the stadia, easing traffic problems around the two grounds.

Mr Scales, chief executive of Merseytravel, says the park-and-ride scheme is one of a number of major solutions proposed to ease matchday parking problems across North Merseyside.

With the course used for racing on only on a small number of days a year, it would avert gridlock in the main roads around the area. The course is within easy reach of both the M58 and M57 motorways.

Other schemes which could help carry supporters to the proposed new grounds could also include restoring the Merseytram Line 1 project from Liverpool to Kirkby, using the potential arrival of Everton FC in the town as a catalyst.

The existing Merseyrail electrified line is also to be extended by about a mile to serve Tower Hill, with a new railway station within walking distance of the new ground, should it be built.

The Merseytravel plan also envisages a major new transport interchange close to Kirkby town centre. New user-friendly cycle and walkways will also be developed.

Last night Mr Scales said: “I cannot be drawn into the debate about whether Everton should or should not move to Kirkby. However we see major improvements taking place across North Merseyside as part of the regeneration of the area.

“Of course a firm decision by Everton to move will change matters and will give impetus to the regeneration and improved transport links. We are already involved in talks with council officials in Liverpool and Knowsley about transportation.”

Around 38,000 Everton fans will vote this month on the crucial ballot which will decide whether the move to Kirkby goes ahead.

I can see G + H taking care of the kids. Some sports here in the states are ridiculously expensive to attend (gridiron), but almost all teams do specials in conjunction with youth leagues in their immediate area to promote interest. They'll have a match day where they hold a certain section of seating and lower ticket prices for local youth teams, have a father and son day, those kind of things.

I have great memories of going to watch the Lakers or the Dodgers or Angels with my teammates.