You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

I like Gary O’Neil, Ive really been impressed with how Wolves have set up in most of the games Ive seen them play this season.

Could be really interesting to see what he could do with better players.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Code said:

I like Gary O’Neil, Ive really been impressed with how Wolves have set up in most of the games Ive seen them play this season.

Could be really interesting to see what he could do with better players.

They’ve had some harsh luck with VAR decisions this season that have cost them quite a few points as well. I don’t mind him. Not sure I’d go for him to replace Klopp though. 

If we're looking at who is available and who has the best mix of having won stuff in multiple places while also not being that old, it's Tuchel. He is the most qualified candidate now. But he's one of those I can't picture being Liverpool manager.

Szoboszlai, Jota, Endo, these are lads that appeared on a Monday evening and signed on a Tuesday.

Absolutely no reason to suspect the manager appointment will be any different. Everything will be silent until its not, panicking over people we don't want makes no sense. We're getting a worse manager than the one we have, that's just a fact we all have to get accustomed too.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If we're looking at who is available and who has the best mix of having won stuff in multiple places while also not being that old, it's Tuchel. He is the most qualified candidate now. But he's one of those I can't picture being Liverpool manager.

Is that because he constantly whinges about transfers and then brings in players like Eric Dier when he gets his way?

Gary O’Neill is a decent coach. I’d also be interested to see what he can do with better players too. 

But, do I want Liverpool to be the testing ground for seeing if he’s up for a top job. I’d probably say no. 

And, while he’s a decent coach, is he an adequate replacement for Klopp? A manager who’s going to challenge for titles? Again, I’d probably say no. 

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Is that because he constantly whinges about transfers and then brings in players like Eric Dier when he gets his way?

To be fair, Eric Dier might be playing better than Upamecano and that Korean fraud.

Honestly I'd take the training cones as manager over the names currently banded about. What an awful summer to lose Klopp when the pool of good managers is zero. 

Surprised Bobby Brown shoes hasn't been mentioned. 

2 hours ago, andyj said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Graham Potter was I with a shout and to be fair to the bloke wouldn't be a bad call. Let's face it his Chelsea record was shit but then it was never going to be good with a chairman playing fantasy football but his record at Brighton was bad at all and was working on a next to nothing budget. He'll if we are talking about wolves and Brentford managers might aswel, throw his name in the hat.

Judging by the lack of stand out options Potter could make a lot of sense. No fee, probably would take a short term contract to come. You've got to convince yourself that Chelsea wasn't the correct job for him but I think he has the potential to do well at a top side. I liked a lot of what I saw at Brighton and a club like Liverpool, I feel, would be much better suited to him than the Chelsea circus.

• Upvote 1

(Posted in the Amorim thread but probably should have been here)

The money talk with Amorim might be bullshit, but I don't think it's outlandish to think that many potential managers, with options, will consider the financial package before choosing which club.  If FSG don't want to pay up we'll be left behind, and I suspect they'll only offer the big bucks to someone proven so we might end up with someone that no one else (of note) particularly wants.

Bascombe and Joyce saying Arne Slott is in the frame

I had rationalised Mourinho over lunch, and now we have this fella. 

Honestly don't have a clue who he is, and I'm past caring. I'll turn up in August and hope whoever it is isn't shit and hope for the best