You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

56 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If we’re giving everything, improving and winning, the connection will come. 

Look at Benitez, he’s one of the coldest coaches we’ve ever had. I can’t see him ever being as friendly with the players as Klopp (Gerrard’s books confirm this), he never celebrated when we scored, barely ever smiled or showed a sense of humour… but, for a time at least, we all loved him.  

Gnbyfm.gif

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

People are going to be delusional enough to think we are entitled be a top four side as a result of our history despite spending like a lower top 10 side. Following our recent dip in form, I’ve seen a ton of social media cretins declaring that Klopp’s departure might be a good thing - they’re going to have a rude awakening next season, when the extent of our over-performance under his management becomes clear.

The reality is that Europa League qualification would have to be seen as a really good result for a club that invests on the pitch like ours

I feel a bit like Han solo in the first star wars,I've got a very bad feeling about this 

• Upvote 1

How did it get to this? To use the oft repeated TLW analogy, it's like giving up Kelly Brook for the like of Kat Slater or some other slag.

I'm more of a Jennifer Lawrence man myself let it be said. 

Though I'd probably do Kat Slater

• Upvote 2

Let’s face it, after Klopp the next best two managers in the world are Ancelotti and badly nonce. After that it’s pure risk. Xabi would have brought instant support and belief after what Leverkusen have done this year but it’s still a massive step down. 

In short, it’s Ancelotti or we’re fucked. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Let’s face it, after Klopp the next best two managers in the world are Ancelotti and badly nonce. After that it’s pure risk. Xabi would have brought instant support and belief after what Leverkusen have done this year but it’s still a massive step down. 

In short, it’s Ancelotti or we’re fucked. 

Is the right answer. We need a Paisley now to klopps shankly 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, for all the great football Brighton play, his personality is my biggest concern. 

And the not winning games, of course.

De Zerbi would be nowhere near the conversation except for the handover he got from Potter's Brighton last season. They had 13 points from the opening 6 games under Potter last season. De Zerbi's Brighton got 49 points from 31 points last season - that's a 60 point season, so they would have finished 8th level with Spurs. 

Since September of this season, Brighton have 29 points from their past 26 league games. That's similar form to Palace and Brentford. Since Christmas, Brighton have beaten Sheffield United twice, Stoke, Palace, Forest, and Roma (1-0 in a return leg after losing the first leg 4-0). De Zerbi is on a really poor run of form for 7 months and the good run for 12 months, wasn't that great. 

12 minutes ago, Razoray said:

De Zerbi would be nowhere near the conversation except for the handover he got from Potter's Brighton last season. They had 13 points from the opening 6 games under Potter last season. De Zerbi's Brighton got 49 points from 31 points last season - that's a 60 point season, so they would have finished 8th level with Spurs. 

Since September of this season, Brighton have 29 points from their past 26 league games. That's similar form to Palace and Brentford. Since Christmas, Brighton have beaten Sheffield United twice, Stoke, Palace, Forest, and Roma (1-0 in a return leg after losing the first leg 4-0). De Zerbi is on a really poor run of form for 7 months and the good run for 12 months, wasn't that great. 

I don't want him, but to be fair to him, they did lose their two starting centre midfielders from last season. 

I won't lie. I'm really bloody worried about who we're going to appoint now. 

Had my heart set on xabi, but he's fucked us off.... Then moved onto diet xabi, with this beardy lad from Portugal, but now it looks like we've fucked him off..... 

Who in fucks name is left..... Someone from Holland.... Fuck off with that.... I like Holland and all, lovely country, abnormally tall human beings...... But look at the last twat that came from there to manage in this league.... He needed a dodgy var call to beat a championship team in the fa cup, after getting a 3 goal head start.... No thanks

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

His comments after the game with us were telling. He wants more ambition shown at Brighton, he can’t keep selling his best players for hundreds of millions, buy unheard of players for peanuts and turn them into superstars every time. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have concerns on his personality as well. 

What does he mean by "keep" though? Didn't he just go half a season with someone else's team, they sold a few and started again? He must know when he joined Brighton they can't turn down 110m+ for players. And Mac Allister was a clause. This hasn't been a multi year journey, he's barely started. 

6 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think it’s inevitable that next manager will be a disaster. It’s not on my radar, if we could just win the league this year I’d take a few years of absolute shite.

It’s got Rodgers mk2 all over it FSG going back to the future 

If its Paulo Fonseca then yeah 100% we will be going backwards and quickly

He is fucking shite and got fucked off by Roma and Porto sharpish.  

He has finished 5th and currently 4th in France

Fuck right off

Success at Shaktar means fuck all 

13 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Saw Ipswich were 3rd in the championship so had a look at their manager’s Wikipedia page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_McKenna

Between his age(37), sports science degree and experience with analysis, I’m pretty sure this guy makes Edward’s nipples hard and he’s in with a shout of the job.

A massive Man Utd fan though

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Saw Ipswich were 3rd in the championship so had a look at their manager’s Wikipedia page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_McKenna

Between his age(37), sports science degree and experience with analysis, I’m pretty sure this guy makes Edward’s nipples hard and he’s in with a shout of the job.

Fuck him the manc cunt. 

19 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Got told a few weeks back Mourinho is going to Benfica, if anyone is slightly worried.

Ha! Bloody time zones - I just got to see the Inside Fulham video and came on to say I called it first - a year of Jose meaning that Klopp has a rest and then has to come back and restore order. You know it makes sense.

If we can't get a decent manager, then shits and giggles for a year.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If its Paulo Fonseca then yeah 100% we will be going backwards and quickly

He is fucking shite and got fucked off by Roma and Porto sharpish.  

He has finished 5th and currently 4th in France

Fuck right off

Success at Shaktar means fuck all 

He's not shite at all, he's doing a very good job at Lille. Doesn't mean he should be Liverpool manager but there's a lot of space between shite and person good enough to manage Liverpool.

8 hours ago, Razoray said:

The reasons for this have been covered.