You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, redrosetints said:

Didn’t the Super league want to do this, for all it’s problems a max roster and salary cap are great ideas from US sport, keeping things competitive etc but when his English or European football been run to be competitive and balanced ?

I'm not sure about the Super League but a salary cap would only work if all of Europe did it. Any promises from Perez and were like a Brexit promise - say what you want to get what you want. 

Now you have Saudi paying even more obscene numbers, any salary cap in Europe looks unlikely in the short-term. I do know there are a lot of American owners in English football and they are in a strong position to push for rule changes in the Premier League if they wanted to. As much as FSG and co moan about others abusing the system - they are all trying to gain an advantage on each other. Secondly their investment has gone up because the Premier League for all its faults has the best players and oil money and oligarchs have massively contributed to it. You are right the rulers of footballs aim isn't about competitiveness and balance but growing revenue. 

• Upvote 1

Ok I did a 4 min FM and YouTube scouting run of our new Japanese midfield maestro. 

CDM/CM. Hard worker, never gives up, great tackler, loves the short passes, 89% passing accuracy. Great at headers even though he is only 178 cm tall. Practically never injured. Sake time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Thought we had 110 million to spend. This guy will cost what, five. Take up a non home grown spot. Waste of money and time. This schampckdte fella is a fucking tosspot. And if jurgen agrees with it he’ll be fucked 

Hate to break it to you but Schmadtke works to Klopp, he's not on an equal footing or above him as a traditional sporting director.

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Agreed, he also looks decent in terms of passing range. But if we were looking for a jobber to hold us over, I would much rather Amrabat.

You know what, I'll be one of those people and just say; if it happens, I'll wait till I see him on the pitch to judge it. 

It would be so mega left field, it's all we can do.