You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hating our own players

Remmie

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Did you hate Grobelaar when he was playing or after he retired?. He always come across as a total knobhead now whenever he's interviewed. Never mind all the match fixing stuff.

When he was playing. From day one. Although I never suspected it at the time, the match fixing accusations seemed believable when they came out.

Think I’ve mentioned it on here before but when I was a young kid, he threw the CSKA game in the European cup and I was fuming. Had an argument in the school yard the next day with my superfan mate who told me he was better than my dad. I had no reply and still don’t and I’ve carried that grudge since I was 7 years old.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Red74 said:

When he was playing. From day one. Although I never suspected it at the time.

the match fixing accusations seemed believable. 

Think I’ve mentioned it on here before but when I was a young kid, he threw the CSKA game in the European cup and I was fuming. Had an argument in the school yard the next day with my superfan mate who told me he was better than my dad. I had no reply and still don’t and I’ve carried that grudge since I was 7 years old.

Hahaha

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

Not happening that much this season but it continues to surprise me how much our own players are hated by fans, especially those that are injured a lot (I don't think they are happy about the situation either). How do you feel when a hated player scores? Have you changed your mind on someone you hate? I can only remember ever hating one of our players; Nicky Tanner. I was pretty young and I remember hoping he'd get sent off he was such a liability.

I've supported Liverpool all of my life, as my dad did, his dad and his dad before him.

I come from a long line of Liverpool fans who hate our players.

My great grandad despised Elisha Scott, as my grandfather despised Billy Liddel after him; so, I'm not interested in letting some Sky Gen, knicker wetting, soft southern fairy, super James Blunt fan supporting arsehole named fucking Zebedee cast aspersions on me and my family's right to support this football club as we have and always will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

"The Guvnor". Fucking hell. Imagine being in a dressing room with some lazy, past his best bellend sat there calling himself the fucking Guvnor.

Can you believe he had the cheek to say he'd get into our current midfield the other day? He's a fucking joke.

Yup, despised that Manc Anfield mole self loving tosser. If anybody ever saw a big lad in The Kop turn his back on the cunt when his name was being read out before kick off, you should have said hello.

I hated Sakho because he seemed like an awful character, and wasn’t very good at defending either.

I grew to strongly dislike Joe Allen because I felt hoodwinked... I got super excited by the signing early on but he turned out to be a bit rubbish and soft.

Oh and Konchesky because of his ma.

• Downvote 1

I hated (and still do) Ince for taking money from That Rag

I’ve always tried to excuse players who, though they weren’t good enough, were trying, and redirect my dissatisfaction at whichever manager saw fit to pick them.

That said, my laughter just about woke the dead when I read that Christian Poulsen has had to go into coronavirus quarantine in Amsterdam.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

I hated (and still do) Ince for taking money from That Rag

I’ve always tried to excuse players who, though they weren’t good enough, were trying, and redirect my dissatisfaction at whichever manager saw fit to pick them.

That said, my laughter just about woke the dead when I read that Christian Poulsen has had to go into coronavirus quarantine in Amsterdam.

It's the closest he has ever got to an opponent.

I agree that hate is a strong word, but let's say that my blood has been absolutely boiling with the players mentioned below during their Liverpool careers.

Nicky Tanner - I even winced when I saw he was leading the Fantasy Football league earlier this season. He was to me the embodiment that our period of dominance was over.

Ruddock and Dicks - too fat to play professional football. Shameful managment letting them get to that has to be said.

Bjornebye, Leonhardsen, Kvarme and Kippe. For destroying the illusion (for us Norwegians) that you had to be a good/great footballer to make it to the top level (Liverpool),  and for being pretty shit at football.

Diouf - for his personality (or lack of it)

As I've grown older, not many have been able to usurp these stand-out candidates, but honourable mentions to;

Simon Mignolet (for making 1 save for each goal he let in over an entire season)

Dejan Lovren (who is nowhere near as bad as Tanner, Ruddock and Kvarme in sporting level), but still sticks out like a sore thumb whenever he plays.

1 minute ago, lebron said:

I agree that hate is a strong word, but let's say that my blood has been absolutely boiling with the players mentioned below during their Liverpool careers.

Nicky Tanner - I even winced when I saw he was leading the Fantasy Football league earlier this season. He was to me the embodiment that our period of dominance was over.

Ruddock and Dicks - too fat to play professional football. Shameful managment letting them get to that has to be said.

Bjornebye, Leonhardsen, Kvarme and Kippe. For destroying the illusion (for us Norwegians) that you had to be a good/great footballer to make it to the top level (Liverpool),  and for being pretty shit at football.

Diouf - for his personality (or lack of it)

As I've grown older, not many have been able to usurp these stand-out candidates, but honourable mentions to;

Simon Mignolet (for making 1 save for each goal he let in over an entire season)

Dejan Lovren (who is nowhere near as bad as Tanner, Ruddock and Kvarme in sporting level), but still sticks out like a sore thumb whenever he plays.

Bjornebye and Leonharsen were decent enough players but were in a shockingly shit team,most of the time.

Diouf . Anelka had bust a gut while on loan and I had always wanted him at club. Houllier binned him off for the pile of scum shite that was and will always be Diouf.  Disliked Barmby for no real reason . Can take transfers that don't work out but usually bear a grudge with any player that when they sign you think what's the point in him eg Cole,pennant,konchesky . Think I am bit of knobhead as I loved Titi Camara even though he produced some of the most incredulus acts of ball miss control ever witnessed at anfield.

I remember one derby around 87 when I was stood on the Kop. There was this smelly biffer next to me who was just doing Beardsley down every time he had the ball. He was screaming 'I fucking hate you!' with some gusto just before Beardo slammed the ball into the Kop net.

The fat cunt is then bouncing around cheering his triple chinned head off. I called him a fat cunt and asked why he was jumping around, didnt he know who scored? He told me to fuck off. I just dropped a fart bomb and let him suck on that.

• Upvote 1

The top of my list always be Moreno.

Even though he was probably concussed after being assaulted by Ramos, Karius makes my list, especially given his postgame attitude.

Players who I thought were going to offer us something because of their talent but always put in in half arsed performances. Downing, Glen Johnson, Baloteli.

Players who from the outset who were obviously fucking useless. Konchesky and that useless lanky twat who couldn't even stand up unassisted Jovanovic.

Borini. Who got an enormous buildup but proved to be total shite.

In a class of his own there was that overpriced  wage thief Markovic

In the managerial ranks my heart dropped as soon as I heard that Hodgson was being appointed and by the time the 6-1 defeat by Stoke happened I couldn't wait to see the arse end of Rodgers

Only once have I lost my rag with a player: Bruno Cheyrou. I can't remember the game - I thought it was against Bolton but I've checked the games I was at against them and he didn't play in any of them - and he was having a stinker. That didn't bother me, and he was hardly alone on the day. Then a ball ricocheted up into the air and dropped down between Cheyrou and an opposition player. Quite simply, Cheyrou never left the ground. If anything, his head was closer to the ground than the opposition player's arse as he cringed in the face of his opponent actually putting in a shift. I exploded with rage, as if anyone on the bench could hear me from the Upper Anny Road. GET HIM OFF, THE BONE-IDLE BASTARD etc

Interesting times.

I was hoping this was a poll.

Read that TAA has just gone past Bjornebye for most assists in the Prem for a full back so Stig wasn't as bad as some were suggesting earlier , although I think his thread-starting run is on the line with Bournemouth coming up.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, deiseach said:

Only once have I lost my rag with a player: Bruno Cheyrou. I can't remember the game - I thought it was against Bolton but I've checked the games I was at against them and he didn't play in any of them - and he was having a stinker. That didn't bother me, and he was hardly alone on the day. Then a ball ricocheted up into the air and dropped down between Cheyrou and an opposition player. Quite simply, Cheyrou never left the ground. If anything, his head was closer to the ground than the opposition player's arse as he cringed in the face of his opponent actually putting in a shift. I exploded with rage, as if anyone on the bench could hear me from the Upper Anny Road. GET HIM OFF, THE BONE-IDLE BASTARD etc

Interesting times.

I was shouting something similar at Aly Cissokho one time when I saw him take a throw-in then wait on the wrong side of the line for 5 seconds or more, before ambling onto the pitch. 

• Upvote 1