You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Apparently today the Sampdoria manager confirmed that Lucas Torreira has a 25m euro release clause.

I'm probably alone here but I think he's every bit as good as Fabinho (who I think is being built up a bit amongst our supporter to be better than he is, much like Matip was when he signed). If it comes down to the end of the window and the reason we can't afford Alisson is because we spent an extra 25m on Fabinho over Torreira I will be a bit miffed.

This is obviously quibbling over minor issues because our recruitment by and large has been so excellent of late, but you have to have something to complain about.

Apparently today the Sampdoria manager confirmed that Lucas Torreira has a 25m euro release clause.

I'm probably alone here but I think he's every bit as good as Fabinho (who I think is being built up a bit amongst our supporter to be better than he is, much like Matip was when he signed). If it comes down to the end of the window and the reason we can't afford Alisson is because we spent an extra 25m on Fabinho over Torreira I will be a bit miffed.

This is obviously quibbling over minor issues because our recruitment by and large has been so excellent of late, but you have to have something to complain about.

If signing Fabinho saves us wasting an obscene amount of money on a goalkeeper who's had 1 good season then thank fuck we bought him.  If we're going to consider paying stupid money then you go all in and buy Obiak who's a far better keeper and proven over many Seasons.

• Upvote 2

Alisson a no according to reports the echo are reproducing.

Probably usual summer transfer talk bollocks but wouldn't it be typical that he ends up at chelsea.

"Fee Confusion

Sky Sports believe Liverpool have enquired for Alisson this summer - but talks have broken down due to a disagreement over the Brazilian’s price.

Roma are believed to want a fee in the region of £80m for their goalkeeper, while other sources suggest the player is more likely to join Real Madrid.

Further complicating matters, however, is that Madrid are reported to still hold an interest in Thibaut Courtois.

Should Courtois end up in Spain, it is said that Chelsea will then turn their attentions to Alisson."

Alisson a no according to reports the echo are reproducing.

Probably usual summer transfer talk bollocks but wouldn't it be typical that he ends up at chelsea.

"Fee Confusion

Sky Sports believe Liverpool have enquired for Alisson this summer - but talks have broken down due to a disagreement over the Brazilian’s price.

Roma are believed to want a fee in the region of £80m for their goalkeeper, while other sources suggest the player is more likely to join Real Madrid.

Further complicating matters, however, is that Madrid are reported to still hold an interest in Thibaut Courtois.

Should Courtois end up in Spain, it is said that Chelsea will then turn their attentions to Alisson."

This is more like it!

Portuguese journos are saying that Carvalho, Martins, and one Bruno Fernandes are about to follow the Sporting goalkeeper and terminate their contracts.

Yes, that would be the same Bruno Fernandes who plays attacking midfield who we were linked to last month when the price being mentioned was £80m+. And he might be unexpectedly available on a free. 

I would imagine Edwards has made a phone call or two to his agent. If he's actually available on a free then the Fekir thing falling through could be a blessing in disguise. What a coup that would be!

Are these contract terminations actually happening ? Seems murky as fuck, can see it all being tied up in court for ages.

Well when there seems to be links with the chairman setting ultras on the players id imagine they'd habe a right to termination though i could see the Portuguese FA holding up registrations

The only reasons Allison would chose Chelsea over us are financial, geographical and a much better recent history of success. If those are the kind of reasons he cares about then he doesn't deserve us!

I do hope those twats are on the slide though but I doubt it. Cut off Abramovich's head and three more appear dressed as Sheikhs.

It’s mad, all that Sporting Lisbon stuff. That keeper was gonna sign for Wolves for £15m but the President blocked the deal so now he’s terminated his contract and is gonna go to them on a free instead. He’s said that he’ll change his mind if they sack the President so the President has turned round and threatened legal action against anyone else that tries it. Lo and behold, within 24 hours all his best players are trying to get out as well. Worra knob.