You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United (h) Sat 14 Oct 12.30pm - Esse Quam Videri

Gym Beglin

Guest Pistonbroke

On what assertion have you made the claim that I am a yank wannabe? Because I live in NY? And what does that have anything to do with my opinion on football? 

Please, I look forward to your ever insightful response. I'm sure it won't be a bunch of baseless drivel, like the rest of your posts. The fact that you think that living in Liverpool for the entirety of your life gives you some sort of additional clout shows how much of a fucking mong you are.

Some fucking irony in that lot, being as I don't live in Liverpool. We'll leave it there, thicko. 

Not sure what to make of that.

I think we played well in spells. Moved the ball quite well and defended well too. Particularly from set pieces, which could have been a concern for us.

The Matip chance aside though, we didn't really look like scoring though and the final ball could've been better. They dealt easily with most of what we threw at them in the final third.

Mourinho is a bad shithouse though. A shocking lack of ambition in his tactics again. I suppose he came to not get beat, so he'll be happy with that result.

On what assertion have you made the claim that I am a yank wannabe? Because I live in NY? And what does that have anything to do with my opinion on football? 

Please, I look forward to your ever insightful response. I'm sure it won't be a bunch of baseless drivel, like the rest of your posts. The fact that you think that living in Liverpool for the entirety of your life gives you some sort of additional clout shows how much of a fucking mong you are.

Livërpöol, Deutschland.

Solanke definitely deserves a go. Will he really be any worse than what we have currently.

What annoys me about that is he's looked sharp in every game he's come on far battle than Sturridge yet he's hardly trusted.

If he'd signed for someone else he'd probably have five or six goals by nom and we'd all be saying "why don't we ever buy an unknown who looks the part"?

All you fucking shithouses who approached this game thinking that that shower of Manc representing cunts were going to rip us into a bloody mess are clueless fuckpigs. The idea that Mourinho has put together some sort of super squad while Klopp has cut and pasted a bunch of park players is absolutely fucking laughable. 

We didn't win but that was down to a mixture of a poor final passes and rank bad finishing. Both can and wil be improved. United did not play within themselves: they were outplayed and outworked for the whole ninety minutes and, because of that shit sucker, Atkinson, and the luckiest goalkeeper in the game, they stole a point.

I'm not happy with the result but I am [psitive that we do have a team that is a hell of a lot better than some of you FIFA 18 addicted cunts think.

Anyway, fuck you weak hearted bubbles. The pub calls.

• Upvote 2

Some fucking irony in that lot, being as I don't live in Liverpool. We'll leave it there, thicko. 

You should learn the definition of the word irony, along with the appropriate way to use it in a sentence. The irony here is you calling me a thicko in a response which misuses the word irony. 

Nicely avoided the question though. I'll carry on being a 'yank wannabe', you carry on with replies that don't make any sense. You dumb fuck.

I can understand the questioning of the subs on a purely personnel/quality for quality basis. Coutinho, Firmino and Salah off for lesser players is, on the face of it, strange.

But....

AOC actually looked decent when he came on. Also, the subs definitely appeared to be for fitness reasons, rather than replacing players because they were the worst on the pitch. Players who didn't perform as well as those subbed off managed to stay on. But, those who stayed on looked fitter.

At one point late on, Firmino chased Valencia down the right for about 5 yards then was running on the spot practically as he was fucked and couldn't track him.

The subs may appear wrong but I think there was a reason for them. And an understandable one too.

• Upvote 1

The irony in that last statement. You and Funnneee are a pair of cunts. CUNT.

Embarrassing stuff, yet again. Tell me, do you go the game and kick off on strangers and call them "cunts"? I very doubt you do, so why come on here and give it the Billy big bollocks, time and again?

To be fair, it's not just you, but it's always the same handful of posters. It's just football, we didn't win, why not go and enjoy the rest of your weekend?

Usually hate that midfield three together (although liking the players individually), but they did okay as a unit at times today.  Getting around the ball and using each other to win possession and play it out.  It's a bit easier when the other team isn't interested unless Coutinho has the ball though.

Full backs both did well, the only threat was going to be being caught out by their pace out there and they did well closing it out and recovering when caught.

Also though Oxlade-Chamberlain looked much more comfortable today.  Getting his foot on the ball and actually trying stuff, hopefully a toehold to build on a poor, nervy start.

Overall, a few lazy final passes (overhit chip to the far post, anyone? worth another try? why not...), a few bad decisions (Salah taking it off Phil's foot and taking an extra pass when Coutinho DID find space in front of the area) and some great saves (to be expected) stopped us from provoking a match from breaking out.

They've been shite this season overall, but this at least suggests there are the inklings of the squad coming together and working through it.  Not there yet, it was sloppy and frustrating. But not going to get angry at today, even in the context of the woeful league form.

As for that form, right now we could be 9th after this weekend.  Inexcusable, but I don't see anything to gain from kicking off about it at this point.  Spurs and Huddersfield makes it 10 games, probably still the best place to really start looking at it.  3 points a grudging bare minimum, 4 acceptable, 6 probably needed to maintain a Champions League push once Lallana and Mane return.

• Upvote 1