You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

From the Echo website....

Oxlade-Chamberlain was a player Liverpool were interested in, but it now appears as though the Reds have bigger fish to fry, with Thomas Lemar now a target.

Arsenal are said to not want to deal with Liverpool due to the fall out over their £40,000,001m move for Luis Suarez four years ago and because they believe Liverpool could also be caught in the Premier League.

A sad state of affairs for the Gunners..

I'd read that its cause they think they can catch us but not Chelsea. Im not sure whats worse. If they feel that way you may aswell give up playing. Talk about knowing your place on the pecking order. Mind you this is the same cunts thatbsold Van Persie to the mancs and gave them the title

Obviously thinking that before we played them on sunday then. But yeah, I heard that's one of the reasons.

A choice between AOC and Lemar hmmmm, I had a similar choice to eat a nice steak or a pile of shite. I enjoyed that steak.

Same for me and Im sure, Klopp.

Ox rejects Chelsea as he doesnt want to be play RWB. He prefers Liverpool as we want to use him as a CM. (Twatter/David Ornstein)

Good night!

Let's be clear here.  Ox doesn't want to be loaned out to Anderlecht until Chelsea find a suitor, to funnel their money through, and avoid violating their FFP

Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down the opportunity to join Premier League champions Chelsea, according to Sky sources.

The Gunners had agreed to sell the England international to their London rivals for a fee believed to be £35m.

However, Sky Sports News understands the 24-year-old favours a move to Liverpool ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is out of contract at the end of the season and is now set to either see out the remaining 11 months of his Arsenal deal or move to Liverpool, were they to put in a bid and have it accepted.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, who is currently on duty with the England squad, has started all of Arsenal's games this season but met manager Arsene Wenger ahead of Sunday's 4-0 loss to Liverpool, to discuss his future.

Former Arsenal man Nigel Winterburn thinks it is time for Oxlade-Chamberlain to depart and told Sky Sports News on Tuesday: "Personally, I think he has had enough at Arsenal.

"It is time to move on and face a new challenge."

Fairs Fuck to the lad

Showing its not just a money thing. He won't get that Arsenal money here unless he sits out his deal and hoins on a free. Obviously wants to play here and is willing to try and fight his way into the midfield. My only concern is maybe we want him because we know Can won't sign a new deal. Cant see how Can, Henderson,Lallana,Coutinho, Wijaldum and Grujic all fit even with 60 games.

If this goes through and Can and Coutinho stays then Grujic needs a loan move.

Fairs Fuck to the lad

Showing its not just a money thing. He won't get that Arsenal money here unless he sits out his deal and hoins on a free. Obviously wants to play here and is willing to try and fight his way into the midfield. My only concern is maybe we want him because we know Can won't sign a new deal. Cant see how Can, Henderson,Lallana,Coutinho, Wijaldum and Grujic all fit even with 60 games.

If this goes through and Can and Coutinho stays then Grujic needs a loan move.

It's not like his wages will go down being on a bosman will it?

BBC

Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down a move to Chelsea after the Premier League clubs agreed a £40m fee.

Oxlade-Chamberlain believes the Blues planned to use him at wing-back, and his primary reason for wanting to leave Arsenal is to play in central midfield.

The 24-year-old England international wants to move to Liverpool.

A bid from the Reds is expected before Thursday's transfer deadline, although it is likely to be below the price Chelsea were willing to pay.

Should a move not transpire, Oxlade-Chamberlain will see out the final year of his contract before potentially leaving on a free transfer next summer.

Arsenal want any deal for the former Southampton midfielder completed as quickly as possible.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has started every game for the Gunners so far this season, including Sunday's 4-0 defeat at Liverpool, when he was substituted.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte had made it clear he wanted to add further to his squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has made 198 appearances for Arsenal since joining them from Southampton in August 2011.

giphy.gif

It's not like his wages will go down being on a bosman will it?

That is why Clarence said he won't get the wages here, unless he joins on a free.

Anyway, I reckon we had Oxo Chambo in mind as a back up option for Keita, as basically his only really stand out skill is dribbling/running with the ball through midfield, which Keita does better (plus he can cover wide as well). As we have Keita for next year it will be interesting to see whether we go for him if we don't get Lemar. He'd be pretty superfluous I'd have thought once Keita comes in, either way.

That is why Clarence said he won't get the wages here, unless he joins on a free.

This

I said yesterday i dont mind him as a player but 35ml is way over the top imo. I'd have him here as Milner doesn't have long left imo. It all depends on Can,Coutinho and long term plans of Milner