You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loic Remy

WhiskeyJar

Completely meh about this from start to finish, decent but not great player that has plenty of ticks in the negative column.

@Nightcat, what is wrong with not signing a player because you can't shift the guy he's set to replace? Surely thats prudent management? If you put your car up for sale on the somali car buyers guide then surely you don't buy a new one until some pirate has taken the other one off your hands.

Lizzie, your post was lost in a sea of abuse. Did you expect from me Instant reply?.

We will sign Origi and Lovren. Would that satisfy you? really? After selling the best player in the world and securing a place to the Champions League's group stage I would expect more than that. Especially on our frontline.

If we sign a proven goalscorer, a striker then yes, I will admit that I was wrong. If we don't I would expect you to keep your promise.

No, I've already said that and stated what I think would be acceptable. 

But that's not the same as us pulling the plug on Remy due to a lack of funds/desire to spend and lying about him failing a medical.  It doesn't matter which striker we buy, provided the money not used on Remy goes on another attacking player, above and beyond the leftback and reserve keeper already slated to come in. 

NB: The Mail via Dominic King have outright printed Remy failed his medical, no "we believe through sources", rather "Loic Remy's £8.5million move to Liverpool has dramatically collapsed after he failed a medical", so my point about Remy having them and anyone else who's written similar retract it stands. 

It sounds like the club done all they could to sign him, the delay was apparently because they wanted to get a second opinion on his medical.

The club would have loved to get a striker option in so cheaply and will now have to pay out more for one of remys quality or better so nightcats argument makes no sense, borini should be for sale regardless of whatever happens with other strikers.

Edited by JermainePennant

You would think so wouldn't you, but it didn't stop fat head talking about Charlie Austin

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11714/8814422/transfer-news-burnley-striker-charlie-austin-fails-medical-at-hull-city

It's a tough one, because you wouldn't want to hurt a player's career by announcing it but at the same time there does need to be some kind of clarification of what is happening for the supporters excited about the 'imminent' signing. 

Nightcat. We were once going to sign a very talented player called Asa Hartford, he failed the medical as he had a hole in his heart. Another club (QPR?) signed him anyway and he had a moderately successful career. Liverpool FC who at the time were pretty successful chose not to buy him because he failed the medical.

I recall it was Leeds that turned him down because if heart problem. He went to City a few years later I think, Played for the Bitters as well

I recall it was Leeds that turned him down because if heart problem. He went to City a few years later I think, Played for the Bitters as well

And when he came to Anfield we would serenade him with the rather cruel 'There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa, dear Asa. There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa, a hole". And nobody got their coat.

Dem was d'days.

• Upvote 1

And when he came to Anfield we would serenade him with the rather cruel 'There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa, dear Asa. There's a hole in your heart, dear Asa, a hole". And nobody got their coat.

Dem was d'days.

What always did my head in about the supposed singing section and it's proscription about what you could or couldn't sing was the implicit agreement that what we sung in the glory years was always clever and/or funny. I was there; sometimes it was, often it wasn't but it was loud and unselfconscious.

Lizzie, your post was lost in a sea of abuse. Did you expect from me Instant reply?.

We will sign Origi and Lovren. Would that satisfy you? really? After selling the best player in the world and securing a place to the Champions League's group stage I would expect more than that. Especially on our frontline.

If we sign a proven goalscorer, a striker then yes, I will admit that I was wrong. If we don't I would expect you to keep your promise.

So not signing a player for 8.5 million doesn't satisfy you and is a sign of a lack of financial backing by the club yet you're also unhappy with spending 35 million on two players?

FSG put a nice show with Sigurdsson, Dempsey Willian, Mktaryan, Salah Konoplyanka and now Remy. The list is long of FSG and Ayre fuck ups.... They had had to apologise for "unveiling" Dempsey who was not signed for a million or two and then they wrote a letter to the fans to explain why they left the team with one and a half strikers for half a season. In Konoplyanka's case, they made Rodgers write a letter to the fans a few minutes after the transfer window was shut. in Remy's case, they pulled the plug in the deal and hid themselves behind his medical record by leaking rumours to the press of failed medical.

Lizzie, did you read Brendan's comments, tonight? It appears that we won't be signing a striker. Prepare to keep your promise.

The liars who run the club, have practically replaced Suarez with Lambert and Borini. That's how we're going to line up in the CL and the Premier League the upcoming season. Unbelievable stuff, if that was Moores, selling the best player in the world and replacing him with those two, there would be a revolution. But Liverpool's fanbase in the FSG era is not the same as it used to be.

Continue licking their ass now. 

• Downvote 2

FSG put a nice show with Sigurdsson, Dempsey Willian, Mktaryan, Salah Konoplyanka and now Remy. The list is long of FSG and Ayre fuck ups.... They had had to apologise for "unveiling" Dempsey who was not signed for a million or two and then they wrote a letter to the fans to explain why they left the team with one and a half strikers for half a season. In Konoplyanka's case, they made Rodgers write a letter to the fans a few minutes after the transfer window was shut. in Remy's case, they pulled the plug in the deal and hid themselves behind his medical record by leaking rumours to the press of failed medical.

Lizzie, did you read Brendan's comments, tonight? It appears that we won't be signing a striker. Prepare to keep your promise.

The liars who run the club, have practically replaced Suarez with Lambert and Borini. That's how we're going to line up in the CL and the Premier League the upcoming season. Unbelievable stuff, if that was Moores, selling the best player in the world and replacing him with those two, there would be a revolution. But Liverpool's fanbase in the FSG era is not the same as it used to be.

Shut the fuck up, you colostomy bag.

• Upvote 2

FSG put a nice show with Sigurdsson, Dempsey Willian, Mktaryan, Salah Konoplyanka and now Remy. The list is long of FSG and Ayre fuck ups.... They had had to apologise for "unveiling" Dempsey who was not signed for a million or two and then they wrote a letter to the fans to explain why they left the team with one and a half strikers for half a season. In Konoplyanka's case, they made Rodgers write a letter to the fans a few minutes after the transfer window was shut. in Remy's case, they pulled the plug in the deal and hid themselves behind his medical record by leaking rumours to the press of failed medical.

Lizzie, did you read Brendan's comments, tonight? It appears that we won't be signing a striker. Prepare to keep your promise.

The liars who run the club, have practically replaced Suarez with Lambert and Borini. That's how we're going to line up in the CL and the Premier League the upcoming season. Unbelievable stuff, if that was Moores, selling the best player in the world and replacing him with those two, there would be a revolution. But Liverpool's fanbase in the FSG era is not the same as it used to be.

Nightcat old chap, why do you think it is in particular the £8.5 million Remy deal that FSG have kiboshed, rather than the £20 million Lovren deal that has just gone through on the very same day?

Jones, Borini's refusal to leave and wages is the answer to your question.

But we still have Toure, Agger, Skrtel, Ilori, Coates and Sakho at centre back all with wages.

Lovren also cost 2 and a half times as much as Remy and will presumably be on similar wages. 

So, if FSG were wanting to save money, why not the extra £12 million on the Lovren signing?

Nightcat old chap, why do you think it is in particular the £8.5 million Remy deal that FSG have kiboshed, rather than the £20 million Lovren deal that has just gone through on the very same day?

Ah i see your problem, you think the vile unadulterated fucking shit that he posts should somehow make sense! 

• Upvote 1