You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loic Remy

WhiskeyJar

But we still have Toure, Agger, Skrtel, Ilori, Coates and Sakho at centre back all with wages.

Lovren also cost 2 and a half times as much as Remy and will presumably be on similar wages. 

So, if FSG were wanting to save money, why not the extra £12 million on the Lovren signing?

You're trying to talk sense to an agenda driven spacker.  Even if we signed Messi & Ronaldo this dippit cunt would bark on about Remy for the rest of the season.

Don't try and rationalise with the twat, it's like giving a spoiled child the attention he's trolling for.

Was thinking last night, for different reasons but there's something reminiscent of Bowyer's move falling through in 2002 about this Remy deal collapse. A move for someone many fans didn't want (including me in that cunt's case) hitting the buffers at the 11th hour, remaining to be seen whether we bring in anyone more suitable.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9397507/transfer-news-brendan-rodgers-coy-as-liverpools-bid-for-qprs-loic-remy-collapses

Speaking after his side's 1-0 International Champions Cup win over Olympiakos in Chicago, Rodgers said: "It's very simple, we have decided not to go ahead with the deal.

"It's unfortunate for the player - we're obviously disappointed - but there's nothing more to be said. We move onto other targets."

Remy had been offered the number 7 shirt vacated by Luis Suarez but after watching England team-mates Raheem Sterling and Daniel Sturridge operate in an attacking three alongside new arrival Lazar Markovic, Rodgers remains confident his side already possesses ample firepower.

"Luis Suarez isn't a Liverpool player so I don't need to talk about or reference Luis Suarez," Rodgers told the club's official website.

"I'll just worry about the players I have, who showed in enough games last season and the season before, when we didn't have Luis, that we can score goals. That won't be an issue.

"I've seen a difference in Daniel since he came back; he has obviously got confidence from the World Cup and his season last year.

"I think he's ready to take on the mantle. He got 20-odd goals last season so he's a striker of great value.

"Markovic will only get better and better. He showed great strength when he burst through and hopefully later on when he picks up that speed and sharpness in his game, he'll go on and finish that.

"We've got good speed. Raheem Sterling is always a threat - he's a joy to watch. I thought those three were really exciting."

Nightcat reminds me of one of them crazy Americans who believe in the illuminati, walking around with a loud speaker telling everyone who'll listen what they've been doing the last few years and what they're plan is to takeover the world.

Sorry I don't see anything suspicious about the Remy deal collapsing . He has some medical issues that the club A) cannot discuss and B) We're not prepared to turn a blind eye to

I also believe they are working to bring in alternatives but as we have all seen these deals take forever to get signed and sealed .

Why do people believe the second opinion? Is it just because it confirms the first? If it contradicts it, do they get a 3rd?

As an aside, can we not ban shitcat? You'd get some sense from Code every so often. This guy is wall-to-wall wanksplat.

Why do people believe the second opinion? Is it just because it confirms the first? If it contradicts it, do they get a 3rd?

As an aside, can we not ban shitcat? You'd get some sense from Code every so often. This guy is wall-to-wall wanksplat.

There's nothing wrong with Nightcat, he's just a bit loud. For every blind faither there has to be some hysteria. The universe always balances itself.

Them quotes from Brendan really have my worried. It's becoming quite obvious isn't it. We are going to try and go into next season which not much than what we already have.

Plain stupid. We got away with it last season to a degree because we didn't have the additional demands of Europe. Even then it was obvious that near the end of the season our forwards were running near as dammit on empty because we didn't have the quality players who could take some of the load.

There is still a month of the window to go so thinks could change, but our front options right now don't fill me will that much confidence. Sturridge is top class but prone to injury. The possibility of going into a Champions League game or a run of important Premier League games, in the event of a Sturridge injury having to depend on a less than prolific Borini (who we think so highly of we were willing to snap Sunderland's hands off for what they were offering us for him) and Lambert is worrying.

Not that it matters much but Chelsea and Athletico between then had one inform striker and even Real Madrid had only Benzema and an inexperienced bunch behind him. So if you have goals behind them not the end of the world in Europe.

No way we think we can turn up in Europe and blow away good teams we would get humbled.

We need another striker better than Lambert but doesn't have to be as good as Sturridge who has earned the right to be the main man next season.

• Downvote 1

Asking for people to be banned is cringeworthy. 

• Upvote 1

Not that it matters much but Chelsea and Athletico between then had one inform striker and even Real Madrid had only Benzema and an inexperienced bunch behind him. So if you have goals behind them not the end of the world in Europe.

No way we think we can turn up in Europe and blow away good teams we would get humbled.

We need another striker better than Lambert but doesn't have to be as good as Sturridge who has earned the right to be the main man next season.

Negged.

Enough is enough.