You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loic Remy

WhiskeyJar

Aly Cissokho once failed a medical at Milan when they discovered a problem with his teeth. Apparently some alignment issues signified that he would have regular muscular problems or something. Either that or they came to their senses and realised that paying €15m for him was the height of madness.

I am hardly a conspiracy theorist, but it seems awfully convenient now we are stuck with Borini & £14m lighter doesn't it ?

I am probably miles out & there could be lots of good news ahead in the next month, but there seems to be a definite miasma starting to descend on this transfer window.

If our medical team spotted something and reported it then they doing their jobs.

People take medicals these days for granted but if some long term damage was spotted then it makes zero sense to sign the player.

It is what it is.

This is true, but if it's to do with his heart then we've just wasted a shit load of time. Because it's well documented that his heart is messed up.

I am hardly a conspiracy theorist, but it seems awfully convenient now we are stuck with Borini & £14m lighter doesn't it ?

I am probably miles out & there could be lots of good news ahead in the next month, but there seems to be a definite miasma starting to descend on this transfer window.

Seriously, save yourself the disappointment.

This is true, but if it's to do with his heart then we've just wasted a shit load of time. Because it's well documented that his heart is messed up.

I understand that but its the equivalent of getting an opinion from an online doctor. Sometimes you need to see if its worse for yourself.

At this point we do not know what it could be but I am glad we pulled out of it if our team was uneasy about it regardless of the reason.

I understand that but its the equivalent of getting an opinion from an online doctor. Sometimes you need to see if its worse for yourself.

At this point we do not know what it could be but I am glad we pulled out of it if our team was uneasy about regardless of the reason.

Yeah that is true.

And so am I. But then for the same reasons perhaps we shouldn't be targetting players like Remy?

I don't know. I guess its just extra shite given the rest of the window.

Now the feed you that he failed his medical, although there is NO OFFICIAL explanation from the club, or the player as to why the deal is off.

I would not be legal to publicly say why a player failed a medical. I think.

I'm glad it fell through, i had concerns and said as much on here, i think he'd of been a flop for us anyway. It's one of the few transfers this window that seemed to be plucked randomly from thin air. Can, Markovic and Origi there was strategy there, we'd been scouting these players for a while and made our move, Remy just felt like the club said "hey, we've got £75 million burning a whole in our pockets, Remy's available for £8.5 million, lets get him".

He's 27, he's not a very good player, he's got heart problems, he's a mercenary and he wants 90 grand a week and the famous number 7 shirt, no thanks not for me.

One last thing on this - you'd have to be mental if you were to outright dismiss Nightcat's theory that we've pulled out of this because Borini's deal has fallen through.

For me it's more plausible than the medical being failed.

To be fair, he called it days ago.

The obvious answer is usually the truth

He failed his medical seems the obvious answer to me.

Don't think there is anything to see here.

• Upvote 1

One last thing on this - you'd have to be mental if you were to outright dismiss Nightcat's theory that we've pulled out of this because Borini's deal has fallen through.

For me it's more plausible than the medical being failed.

To be fair, he called it days ago.

So its more plausible that LFC broke the law to bribe its medical staff to say he failed a medical (who in turn risk their careers) to save 8.5 million than a player with a history of failed medicals and a heart issue actually failing his medical?

Ok. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

...oh and presumeably they bribed the person making the second opinion aswell.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The amount the owners have spent, yet it's the second smallest deal of the lot the lying bastards are scrimping out on? You're a beaut.

• Upvote 4

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh wait we have actually announced he failed the medical? If that's the case then I retract what I said. I thought it was all just speculation at the moment.

It's as official as it gets. The guy has a well known heart defect. Hardly a shock. We will just have to see how it goes over the coming weeks.

So its more plausible that LFC broke the law to bribe its medical staff to say he failed a medical (who in turn risk their careers) to save 8.5 million than a player with a history of failed medicals and a heart issue actually failing his medical?

Ok. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

...oh and presumeably they bribed the person making the second opinion aswell.

The truth is too easy to believe sometimes.