You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Membership light and the auto ticket scheme

Reckoner

Well, I was online at 8.15 on the day of the sale in November and was put in a 2 hour queue or whatever it was and by the time I reached the top of the queue the games I wanted, including Sunday's, was sold out.

I paid my 30 quid or whatever for the privilege of being able to join a queue and then got absolutely. Yes, I feel cheated.

Will I do it all again in July? Probably. Because I dont have access to tickets any other way

This is more like the experience of a mate of mine than the one described by the OP. Not easy when you're at work either.

Then it goes to a limited availablilty which i sold out as soon as you log on.

The fact is we need those extra seats to meet current demand. Whether the 13,500 after premium seats and season tickets will suffice I don't know.

Well, I was online at 8.15 on the day of the sale in November and was put in a 2 hour queue or whatever it was and by the time I reached the top of the queue the games I wanted, including Sunday's, was sold out.

I paid my 30 quid or whatever for the privilege of being able to join a queue and then got absolutely. Yes, I feel cheated.

Will I do it all again in July? Probably. Because I dont have access to tickets any other way

You obviously don’t have enough games to get priority then.

With priority you’d have a 24 or 48 hours advantage on me. I guess I was lucky staying in the queue for only 30 mins back in November. I believe I could’ve got tickets to any match of my choice at that time. Singles obviously, even restricted view mine for ManC, but that doesn’t matter much.

My point was towards those saying the ticket policy is wrong and regular match goers can’t get tickets. Well, they can, if they really want to. Get 13 matches on your card and you’re safe for the next few seasons.

If you’re local and only want to go to let’s say 2 matches a year you'd be in the same position as me. Desevedly wouldn't you say?

I can’t afford more than 2 each year (though I usually go to 3 anyway, risking my marriage), so I’ll never get to priority. I guess I’ll have to settle for smaller games most of the time. I’m OK with that.

Bottom line is we need a bigger stadium.

• Upvote 2

Just so long as we can keep up this current form.

Like you, I am travelling some distance and expense and other commitments means that I've only ever got down to 4 or 5 games a season and as long as I accepted that I was never going to get to Cat A games without sharing my card the system seemed to work for me and I generally got the games I was after.

However, string a few results together and all the fairweather fans come out the woodwork. It will be even harder come July when next season's sale takes place. As I said, it pisses me off having to pay to wait in a queue with no guarantee of a ticket at the end of it but what choice do I have?