You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

Less than decent sides have done the same earlier in the year - and we could not come back and get a hold on the game.

They do have a decent midfield - it was the first time we have ever played in that set up with those players - it happens. 

I know. Hence most of my blame going to the manager. Thankfully he changed things at half time and we ended up winning well. Which he obviously deserves credit for.

Be absolutely fuming if Sturridge is dropped for this one. I'd play Coutinho over Allen too. People are going on about the midfield battle, but what battle? I'm guessing it'll be Fellaini and Carrick in the centre with Mata and another on the wing. Knowing full well Mata and Januzaj wont put a shift in, why not just go for it and start with Coutinho and Sterling and blow them off the park?

One of the biggest differences between us and them is our players play with more freedom and creativity. Can you imagine Moyes' Man utd putting in that performance we did against Arsenal? 

I think they'll score some simply because we're not solid enough defensively, but play like we have done in the past and there's no reason we can't score more.  Disappointed it's a Sunday kick-off, only just realised that was the case yesterday. Was hoping for 3 points by 3pm Saturday and then getting on the piss. 

• Upvote 1

People need to remember when we played them at anfield they were in a bad run of form but still played very well and overall looking at the game probably deserved a draw, they then also beat us at old trafford in the carling cup a couple of weeks after that.

This is going to be a fucking tough game and I hope the players are thinking that going in to the match, moyes and the players know this is there chance to get back in there fans good books and I expect the united players to be fully up for it.

Im fearful to be honest as they could fuck up our title chances even with a draw, win it though and the belief among everyone involved in club will grow massively.

For this match, no. I think Sturridge will be dropped and we will go 4-5-1.

For that match it most certainly was. 

Sturridge won't be dropped and nor should he.  We need to remember what happened last season, we were crap until he came on and Suarez was isolated.

People need to remember when we played them at anfield they were in a bad run of form but still played very well and overall looking at the game probably deserved a draw, they then also beat us at old trafford in the carling cup a couple of weeks after that.

This is going to be a fucking tough game and I hope the players are thinking that going in to the match, moyes and the players know this is there chance to get back in there fans good books and I expect the united players to be fully up for it.

Im fearful to be honest as they could fuck up our title chances even with a draw, win it though and the belief among everyone involved in club will grow massively.

How exactly were they in a bad run of form? It was the third game of the season, they'd won convincingly at Swansea and drawn to a Chelsea side that refused to play football. They'd also recently won the Charity Shield.

• Upvote 1

I'm shitting it cos I'm always a pessimistic bastard but I'm thinking the cunts will get one over on us.  Rooney will be fired up for this one and fuzzy head will be kicking and elbowing lumps out of us and not getting punished.

I'd take a 1-0 right now.

I'd take 3 points in whatever form they come! 36-37 or 0-1, 3 points is the target.

I'm leaning towards starting with Allen based on nothing but the gut feeling that he is going to play really well. Bring Phil on around 60 when the game is stretched and let him run riot.

God, I really hope we fucking steamroller these twats. The opportunity is definitely there if we start fast.

I'm shitting it cos I'm always a pessimistic bastard but I'm thinking the cunts will get one over on us.  Rooney will be fired up for this one and fuzzy head will be kicking and elbowing lumps out of us and not getting punished.

I'd take a 1-0 right now.

Me too yet weirdly I feel really optimistic about this game.

We have such a woeful record their though.  

I reckon we will get thrashed. They will have the game of their lives.

I was tempted to think that based on the fact that's what we've done when the situations were reversed, but they're totally different clubs. I don't think for one minute their players are willing to fight for their fans' pride the way ours have in the past, and they certainly won't do it for the manager's. They're not used to fighting a guerilla war, they're an ageing musketeer in a world of machine guns.