You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been quoted by the Gazzetta dello Sport as saying he cannot wait to play Champions League football at Anfield, but is not ruling out a future in Italy.

The Reds are currently second in the Premier League, four points behind league leaders Chelsea, and they have a six-point buffer to Tottenham in fifth place.

Liverpool have not featured in Europe's premier competition since the 2009/10 season when they were knocked out in the group stages.

Suarez, who is contracted with the Merseyside club until 2018, admits he is settled at Liverpool but would not rule out playing in Italy one day.

"A future in Italy? Never say never," Suarez told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"For a South American player who wants to get into history, it is advisable to have an experience in Serie A.

"Italian football is a top level and I follow it assiduously. Two years ago I received an offer from Serie A, I don't want to name the team, it was a difficult time for me, but after thinking about it I decided to stay in Liverpool."

The Uruguayan striker has contributed 24 goals for Liverpool in 27 appearances this term but revealed he is eager to sample an Anfield Champions League experience.

"And now things are going perfectly for me," he claimed. "We are fighting for the title but above all we are very close to qualifying for the Champions League.

"I cannot wait to finally play the big European matches at Anfield. I could not do it in these three seasons and when my team-mates tell me about the atmosphere of those nights it gives me goose bumps.

"This year we can achieve it, I feel we'll do it. And I don't lose the club since I have recently extended my contract."

Must win game this one.

I really do not want to talk about the title just yet as we 7 points behind with 10 games to go. One game at a time and this one is huge.

Before the Southampton game most people expected us to drop points from either the Southampton game, or the man utd game (or both). If we could win next week the momentum we'd gain could see us win the lot. I really believe that.

Ditto.

I'm not feeling as confident as I probably should. I am actually expecting a really tough game, irrespective of how shite they've been in general this season. It's a game that we should win but I don't see us steamrollering them, as enjoyable as that would be.

Big game indeed. Title is still on, but a defeat here, whilst not being overly damaging to our top 4 hopes, makes a title challenge very difficult.

As for the Suarez to Italy story, why would he want to move to a league that used to be the best in Europe but is now the 4th/5th best league?

Also, who in Italy could afford him?

Feeling strangely uneasy about this one. Form is rarely the deciding factor in these games. I think it'll be similar to the derby at Goodison - no real shape in either team and a flurry of chances. Whoever takes them and avoids major mistakes wins.

I'm just really hoping we don't see another tough away game ruined by shit officiating.

I'm oddly confident.  I was a lot more nervous about the trip to Southampton.  Although the fact that it's Liverpool will go some way towards galvanising them, the fact that it's Man Ure will also galvanise us.  In all areas of the park, we have better players.  And in the final analysis, we have Rodgers and they have Moyes.

If we come flying out of the blocks the way we have many times this season, their crowd will pretty soon turn on them - and that can only help.

Got a horrible feeling they'll win the battle of the crosses.

We'll win 5 or 6 nil.

I have to say our Simon doesn't inspire me, the way he deals with crosses.  But anyone who wants to put a cross in will have to get past Flanno or Johnson - and if the latter puts in a brutal performance like he did against this shower at Anfield (before he earned a Purple Heart in the noble pursuit of trying to pulverise the horrible cunt Evra) they won't have a prayer.

If they can put in a shower of crosses against us they will also score a few. One of our major weak areas is exactly this, which in my opinion makes them more favourites in this one than the general quality of the teams would indicate.

On the other hand we obviously have the quality to absolutely tear them apart. So of we can cut short their supply of crosses, at least quality ones, and hit them with pace and movement I think we should be ok.

So normally getting the tactics right would be key, but in this particular game so many other factors come into play making it very hard to predict.

I think we underestimate them at our peril. They would love nothing more than to shit on our title ambitions. We may be playing better than them at the moment but they won't need any extra motivation for this one. They will be well up for it.

I'm very nervous about this one. Three points here is a massive ask but if we get them.......