You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Begs the question, what happens when the next rebuild is needed? FSG water-down their share another time? 

Money should be available from the equity they have accrued on a 300 million investment just a decade ago. 

Load debt onto the club then because if 'the club' takes equity on it's valuation, that's what you're doing and you end up with a situation like the 2 cowboys did and the glazers have done.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Load debt onto the club then because if 'the club' takes equity on it's valuation, that's what you're doing and you end up with a situation like the 2 cowboys did and the glazers have done.

Hence it makes more sense to me that they take the massive profit they can grab now and be done with it all. Walk away at least 2 billion richer…

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Paul Allen, founder of Microsoft just sold his art collection for $1.5bn,  can only be to raise cash for the reds.

Not to piss on anyone’s chips, but Paul Allen died in 2018.
His will/estate/foundation or something along those lines sold his art collection, with proceeds going to charity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedSand said:

His will/estate/foundation or something along those lines sold his art collection, with proceeds going to charity.

I wondered which pedantic cunt would point that out.

3 hours ago, RedSand said:

Some Twitter ITK said some Sheikh who bid for us a few years ago was in the process of bidding for us again. Even though he died last year.

Steve Ballmer sounds are far better option to come in that a Kuwaiti invest fund. Even if its a partnership with FSG to start with. Only downside there is the potential to get messy with him owning the Clippers and FSG wanting a expansion team in Vegas and him pushing hard(pre clippers deal) to gey a team back in Seattle

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure what great conspiracy you're trying to uncover but the investment wasn't in 'The Liverpool Football and Athletic Grounds Limited' it was in 'Fenway Sports Group Holdings LLC'.

I’m not - just saying if we wanted to see where it had gone, there may be ways of doing so. If it went into the FSG pot, and it was proper to do so - fine

Just been listening to the forum Podcast from last night, some very interesting points made, especially by Dave.

Obviously, I get stick of certain posters for being a "FSG Shill / Super Fan". Fine. It doesn't bother me, I can take it, I actually find it hilarious. Personally, I'd say just grew massively tried of all call the utter shite that is posted about them, but anyways.... I'm not going to go over what has happened in the past, its boring old ground and the posters who've interacted with me in the past don't want listen.

So, with that in mind, going forwards, I have to admit I'm concerned about where this could lead. If it's a full sale, it does feel like FSG are throwing the towel in somewhat and admitting they can't compete long term.

Although I'd prefer not to be part of some sports washing regime, if it is a choice between that and continuing to challenge for trophies or (and especially after Klopp leaves) challenging for the Europa Conference with West Ham etc, them I'm taking the sports washing regime. 

The worst case scenario is we're sold and its another G&H regime. Thats my biggest worry. They bought the club for £425m and crippled the club with debt. While I get that the club has more incomings these days (bigger capacity, more prize money, more sponsors, bigger TV deals etc) I can't begin to think what loading >£3bn of debt would do to the club. 

My personal preference is FSG sell X% in the club. At a valuation of >£3bn, they could sell 10% and get the money they back to buy the club in 1 swoop. 

However, if they did sell X%, what would this money go to? The infrastructure of the club likely can't be improved much further. Would it go to LFC and the playing staff or would it just go to FSG? (Redbird was different, they invested in FSG, not Liverpool). Given we need a refresh, which wouldn't be cheap, I would have a problem if FSG didn't pass on significant funds to the club / Klopp.

I actually don't fully get why FSG would want to fully sell now. Klopp & Lijnders both seem reasonably sure it's only looking for outside investment. The next Premiership TV deal is up for renewal in 2025. Surely that will go up again? At some point, clubs will own their own TV / Streaming deals, for both the CL & Premiership, it's inevitable. 

I can only assume that current market conditions would make it a good time to fully sell. They could wait years for the additional TV / Sponsorship deals they want to materialise but would the market then offer as good return as would now?

So theres my take. Mock away. I've got my tin hat on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

it does feel like FSG are throwing the towel in somewhat and admitting they can't compete long term.

Worse than that, unless you believe in some serious accounting shenanigans it is admitting LFC cannot compete long term.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My personal preference is FSG sell X% in the club. At a valuation of >£3bn, they could sell 10% and get the money they back to buy the club in 1 swoop. 

However, if they did sell X%, what would this money go to?

If they (FSG) are doing it to get their initial investment back where do you think it goes?

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Worse than that, unless you believe in some serious accounting shenanigans it is admitting LFC cannot compete long term.

If they (FSG) are doing it to get their initial investment back where do you think it goes?

Who knows. They’ll still get the money back when they sell the club. 

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Just been listening to the forum Podcast from last night, some very interesting points made, especially by Dave.

Obviously, I get stick of certain posters for being a "FSG Shill / Super Fan". Fine. It doesn't bother me, I can take it, I actually find it hilarious. Personally, I'd say just grew massively tried of all call the utter shite that is posted about them, but anyways.... I'm not going to go over what has happened in the past, its boring old ground and the posters who've interacted with me in the past don't want listen.

So, with that in mind, going forwards, I have to admit I'm concerned about where this could lead. If it's a full sale, it does feel like FSG are throwing the towel in somewhat and admitting they can't compete long term.

Although I'd prefer not to be part of some sports washing regime, if it is a choice between that and continuing to challenge for trophies or (and especially after Klopp leaves) challenging for the Europa Conference with West Ham etc, them I'm taking the sports washing regime. 

The worst case scenario is we're sold and its another G&H regime. Thats my biggest worry. They bought the club for £425m and crippled the club with debt. While I get that the club has more incomings these days (bigger capacity, more prize money, more sponsors, bigger TV deals etc) I can't begin to think what loading >£3bn of debt would do to the club. 

However, if they did sell X%, what would this money go to? The infrastructure of the club likely can't be improved much further. Would it go to LFC and the playing staff or would it just go to FSG? (Redbird was different, they invested in FSG, not Liverpool). Given we need a refresh, which wouldn't be cheap, I would have a problem if FSG didn't pass on significant funds to the club / Klopp.

I actually don't fully get why FSG would want to fully sell now. Klopp & Lijnders both seem reasonably sure it's only looking for outside investment. The next Premiership TV deal is up for renewal in 2025. Surely that will go up again? At some point, clubs will own their own TV / Streaming deals, for both the CL & Premiership, it's inevitable. 

I can only assume that current market conditions would make it a good time to fully sell. They could wait years for the additional TV / Sponsorship deals they want to materialise but would the market then offer as good return as would now?

So theres my take. Mock away. I've got my tin hat on. 

In terms of the right time to sell I think it will be quite simple and analytical for them, it won't be emotionally driven and I don't believe they'd be impacted if klopp was here or not. It's just business. They will have an idea of the upside - better TV deals, maybe more control over media rights, some ESL replacement (as mentioned by cardanale a week or two back whe talking about Milan) or whatever else they think carries value. There'll also be the trade off of a potentially deep recession, one which might be deeper here than the US which might not leave them wanting a sterling based asset. 

They also know how much resistance there is inside the club in terms of fans and outside from media and other clubs to ESL and media distribution, with a reminder the "big 6" lost this weeks vote on redistribution. I think this might be as important as anything else, that they know it will likely be at least another cycle of CL and PL before they make progress. So perhaps the target price over maybe a 3 year term may be no different to today. So if that's the case, it's a question do you trade away or sit tight because you value the brand long term. There's talk of them wanting to invest in the NFL with the Washington team (which currently prevents investment funds like FSG) and the NBA baseball team, so they likely just feel it's time to explore liquidating some assets to give them some flexibility. 

As for who we'll get next. It'd be like being in prison and being asked do you want to share a cell with a rapist or a murderer. There's no good outcome, because it seems impossible to believe there's anyone with the money needed who isn't a complete cunt of one form or another. Rather like the current owners. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In terms of the right time to sell I think it will be quite simple and analytical for them, it won't be emotionally driven and I don't believe they'd be impacted if klopp was here or not. It's just business. They will have an idea of the upside - better TV deals, maybe more control over media rights, some ESL replacement (as mentioned by cardanale a week or two back whe talking about Milan) or whatever else they think carries value. There'll also be the trade off of a potentially deep recession, one which might be deeper here than the US which might not leave them wanting a sterling based asset. 

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at. In  a few years the return might be £ more but market conditions might mean less of a $ return. 

A suppose bringing on investment now lessens the risk of smaller future returns by the fact they could offset it with the higher price now. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at. In  a few years the return might be £ more but market conditions might mean less of a $ return. 

And it's percentages of likelihood to happen. The resistance within the game they likely feel increases the risk of it not happening or us falling from the top table before it does. Newcastle being in the mix (not just the money, but the quick return Howe has been able to make on that money), also increases the risk from where it was 18 months ago. The upside is probably still something like £10bn in the next 5-7 years. The chances of that may have changed from 75% a year or so ago to 40% now. So it's time to cash in their chips, and it would seem at first they were happier to sell part of their holding and now that's failed, they're looking to sell the full hit rather than sticking. Henry is a trader, so it this type of risk management is his bread and butter. As the old saying goes, bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered. 

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

So now we need investment to spend what we earn.  Another excuse that will roll on for a few windows.

beats them getting their journo whores to bang on about Mbappe, Nike, Bellingham.

No we can continue to spend what we earn but that's deemed not enough by the fan base and the face of football is changing with an increasing number of nation states and a decreasing chance of any kind of financial restrictions being brought in.