You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

He averaged a goal á season so far. I'd wait a little before conclude on that.

I didn't say he was prolific you naysayer. I'm just enjoying the moment for the lad. He has been under a bit of pressure and he delivered today, and who's to say he may not score 5 or 6 for us this season?

And that goal a season stat was with Sunderland and they don't have our quality so I would wager he will get a few more scoring chances with us than he did with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I never see him in a game. I know he's on the field but I just don't see him. I can see the other players so I assume it must be something to do with him. I can only deduce that he contributes little to the team but I'm unsure.

For those people who can see him, what does he do? Is he a busy little player who doesn't make tackles, passes, chances etc but psychologically taunts his opponents all game? What attributes were we buying for the money we spent that you can see on the pitch?

I fear he'll go into the same bracket as Carroll - the "You've got to be fucking kidding me" bracket. But until I can actually see him on the field I won't be able to tell. Or maybe that's his trick, clever if so.

I never see him in a game. I know he's on the field but I just don't see him. I can see the other players so I assume it must be something to do with him. I can only deduce that he contributes little to the team but I'm unsure.

For those people who can see him, what does he do? Is he a busy little player who doesn't make tackles, passes, chances etc but psychologically taunts his opponents all game? What attributes were we buying for the money we spent that you can see on the pitch?

I fear he'll go into the same bracket as Carroll - the "You've got to be fucking kidding me" bracket. But until I can actually see him on the field I won't be able to tell. Or maybe that's his trick, clever if so.

He can run, I'll give him that.

£16m: what Liverpool paid for Henderson

£16m: what Spurs paid for Modric

FFS. We always seem to miss out on these players. I actually thought we'd get a few players like that this summer, since Comolli made some very good signings at Spurs. Iinstead we bought mostly shite, with the exception of Coates, Bellers, Enrique and possibly Downing.

£16m: what Liverpool paid for Henderson

£16m: what Spurs paid for Modric

You do realise, that a whole posse will be along in a minute, to state that he only cost £13m/potential/promising/scored a good goal/fergie wanted him/best we could do without CL/ Et cetera.

Forget Henderson, Charlie Adam is a much bigger problem, he doesn't seem to get much stick on here because everyone is still yearning for Alonso but he doesn't even come close to Alonso in fact he is a slower, fatter, shitter version of Danny Murphy.

He can't tackle, he has a history of putting in reckless challenges for his previous clubs and for Scotland, he lacks the discipline both on and off the pitch to be playing with a top Premier league team.

It might be ok to put in 1 good performance every 5 games for Blackpool and be told what a good season you are having but for Liverpool he will soon get found out. I never wanted us to sign him but at least we will get most of our money back when we realise our mistake.

Forget Henderson, Charlie Adam is a much bigger problem, he doesn't seem to get much stick on here because everyone is still yearning for Alonso but he doesn't even come close to Alonso in fact he is a slower, fatter, shitter version of Danny Murphy.

He can't tackle, he has a history of putting in reckless challenges for his previous clubs and for Scotland, he lacks the discipline both on and off the pitch to be playing with a top Premier league team.

It might be ok to put in 1 good performance every 5 games for Blackpool and be told what a good season you are having but for Liverpool he will soon get found out. I never wanted us to sign him but at least we will get most of our money back when we realise our mistake.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that his set-pieces alone are worth £10mill?

Wasn't his fee £13m rather than £16??

Anyway, isn't he a central midfielder? Until he gets a run of games there, Im not sure we can properly judge him. On the right, he's getting experience and altho he seems to be doing fuck all at the moment, hopefully it will serve him good when he switches to the middle. I reckon Kenny sees him as the long term replacement for Gerrard.

Now Adam is suspended, I'd put him in the middle with Lucas and give us some extra legs and drive in the middle of the pitch.

Anyway, isn't he a central midfielder? Until he gets a run of games there, Im not sure we can properly judge him. On the right, he's getting experience and altho he seems to be doing fuck all at the moment, hopefully it will serve him good when he switches to the middle. I reckon Kenny sees him as the long term replacement for Gerrard.

Now Adam is suspended, I'd put him in the middle with Lucas and give us some extra legs and drive in the middle of the pitch.

Shelvey is more similar in playing style and mentality to Gerrard.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that his set-pieces alone are worth £10mill?

His set pieces have been shite since he came here and also everyone has been saying Lucas has improved this season but he just looks so quick and aggessive next to Adam.

Lucas next to Alonso and Mascherano looked poor but Charlie Adam makes Lucas look like Pele

or we could just drop Adam and play Gerrard

His set pieces have been shite since he came here and also everyone has been saying Lucas has improved this season but he just looks so quick and aggessive next to Adam.

Lucas next to Alonso and Mascherano looked poor but Charlie Adam makes Lucas look like Pele

I agree with you mate, my comment was tongue in cheek as some people seem to think he's worth his price tag on set pieces alone.

He is slightly better than Henderson, but is still fucking shit. Rangers saw nothing in him and then sold him to Blackpool for next to nothing. He had a decent few games there, but still misplaced far too many passes. Already he is pissing me off because he can't make the simple passes, yet tries to pull off the hollywood ones, thinking he is Stevie G. He is fat, lacks stamina, poor touch, takes too long on the ball, just generally shit.

You do realise, that a whole posse will be along in a minute, to state that he only cost £13m/potential/promising/scored a good goal/fergie wanted him/best we could do without CL/ Et cetera.

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Henderson is one for the future. I think he could be very good for us in the middle when he settles. He doesn't deserve a place in the team at the moment and nor does Adam. I don't think Adam ever will. When Gerrard gets back one of them will be sacrificed. Unfortunately both of them should be. Mereiles should not have been sold until Henderson and/or Adam were ready. I don't even think Lucas is good enough. Too much dross in midfield, a shaky defence and only one decent striker about somes us up at the moment. 4th will be a struggle.

Anyway, isn't he a central midfielder? Until he gets a run of games there, Im not sure we can properly judge him.

I know it will surprise you to hear this, but here goes, he actually started the game in central midfield yesterday. That's how anonymous he was. He's a hider too.

I've no problems with giving him time and all that. But until he's ready. I don't think he should be starting every game like he has done, we can't afford to have someone that is a passenger more often than not.