You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Didn't he have the highest pass completion percentage of any Premiership player this weekend? 91% I believe.

Now stats can be misleading and if its just short, sharp passes that are finding their way to the right player - atleast he's doing that bit right. The amount of ball possession we've given away in the past has had my lungs hurting.

I agree signing him had us scratching our heads - but once he gets used to our system, and settles into the area - the confidence will come. He's a 20 year old lad after all. Its easy to compare him to Gerrard but Steven had the bonus of growing up in Liverpool, being trained by the club from an early age and 'understanding' how LFC works.

Personally i have no doubts about him. Its a case of when, not if, that we start to see the best of him.

I actually think he's another Lucas, or at least a better version of the player that Lucas was when we bought him. Who knows what Kenny has in mind for him?

I tell you what some of the people on here are very hard to please weare unbeaten so far in the month of August i can name 7 or more players who are yet to play 20 games for the club in the starting 11 and some still dont appear to be happy

I have seen people posting regarding pumping long aimless ball up to a big lumbering oaf of a forwardto head in the goal but the lad has scored more goals from outside the box than any forward i can name at this club he wins everything in the air that is put there for him to win he is a young lad with a massive frame and yes he tiers towards the end of games but he is getting fitter he is still a very young lad who will be here for many year to come

Under Kenny we seem with these players that are under question by somealways to look like we will score 2 or more goals in every game something that i couldnt say for many many years and although it is only early days we should be made up with what has happened to this club in less than 9 months well thats my take on it

I think he is going to be great in centre midfield.

As for not giving a shit .... Andy Carroll and others could learn a lot from his professionalism off the pitch.

On the pitch is where it matters, and even Carroll gave him both barrels for shit decisions from Henderson yesterday.

"In England, those qualities of playing it simple, being in the right position, reading the game, knowing the right moment to make things happen around you are not appreciated. Making a tackle, a run into the box, the spectacular things are more appreciated."

Wise words from the Bearded One. I bet he'd give Henderson some more time before judging and might even like him already. That quote sums up a lot of the problems people are having with him so far by the looks of it. I actually think most of us are going to really like him over the next few months too if he stays fit and plays as well as he can.

Didn't really want to say this either but may as well, he reminds me of Beckham.

Edited by Red Phoenix

He's looked very, very lightweight and ineffective so far. He may have a great pass completion rate but the vast majority of his passes have been getting rid of the ball to the nearest team mate no matter if they're in a better position or not - which is the key for me - he just wants rid of the ball.

Couldn't agree he's technically good either. His first touch has been largely terrible when he's received the ball whilst under pressure. He also seems to be always a few seconds behind the play and trying to catch up with that funny swinging arm run of his...I've got my doubts about him to be honest!

He's certainly not anywhere near Houghton's standard presently - to say that is taking the 'Kenny building another 87/88 team' link a bit too far.

"In England, those qualities of playing it simple, being in the right position, reading the game, knowing the right moment to make things happen around you are not appreciated. Making a tackle, a run into the box, the spectacular things are more appreciated."

If Xabi says it, it must be true.

This will certainly flummox a few posters on here!!

He may have a great pass completion rate but the vast majority of his passes have been getting rid of the ball to the nearest team mate no matter if they're in a better position or not - which is the key for me - he just wants rid of the ball.

Agreed. There's a difference between being "neat and tidy in possession" and simply getting rid. He's been mostly the latter so far, in my opinion. Still, it's very early days and he's clearly got a good touch and can knock it about well. No slouch, either. I'm extremely hopeful, but he appears to be one of those 'confidence players' and apparently all the attributes in the world can't save these guys from a fate worse than Heskey.

Bottom line: he's going to be great for us.

He's got good feet and is not scared of the ball. He also knows how to find a teammate. So for me, that's a reasonable start.

He is a young kid in a new environment. He is finding his feet. As he grows as a player he will show us more of what he can do. I'm fairly confident he will be a good player for us for years to come.

I thought he had a much better game midweek. He will improve I'm sure. As far as starting ahead of the likes of Meireles, well, it's possibly a fitness thing, as in, Henderson obviously needing match time, and Meireles having some secret injury or sickness that we know nothing about.

Now then...this Andy Carroll joker. Thirty five million quid. WTF??

I never liked Razor Ray Houghton.

Or the "fucken crab!" as the aged dipso in the Anny Road used to call him regularly.

You had a season ticket in the Anfield Road End in the late 80s?

I question this as it just seems so at odds with your statement about Ray Houghton. Unless you had an obstructed view...