You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

So they borrow £300m off the council SPV and pay it back plus 2-3% interest plus a £4.4m profit for the council every year for 40 years. Then they still need to find a further £200m to make up the shortfall to the half billion it will actually cost?

I don’t see this happening

MOSHIRI, LUKAKU AND... THE VOODOO?

Romelu Lukaku refused to sign a new contract at Everton after a voodoo message told him to join Chelsea, according to the club's major shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

The Belgium international was in a meeting in March at which he was scheduled to sign a new contract - around the time his agent Mino Raiola claimed the deal was 99.9 per cent done - when the u-turn happened.

"We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract," Moshiri told Everton's AGM.

"Robert (Elstone, chief executive) was there, everything was in place, there were a few reporters outside, then in the meeting Rom called his mother.

"He said he was on a pilgrimage in Africa or somewhere and he had a voodoo and he got the message that he needs to go to Chelsea."

Plot twist - The Witch Doctor was a red. 

Don't forget: if you think anything negative about the council finding £200m for their stadium it's not because you're concerned that food banks are at an all time high, services are at an all time low and roads are crumbling. It's actually because your head has fallen off.

Not to mention the selfishness of being concerned that a dip in revenue would see them unable to meet their commitments and the city put in the shit.

Blues chairman Bill Kenwright says latest projections put the cost of a new ground at close to £500million.

Anderson said: “Let me say this to people who ask why Everton Football Club should benefit from Liverpool City Council at a time when Liverpool faces austerity.

“The development site on what we call 'Liverpool Waters' – starting at the Pier Head and going down to the docks at Seaforth – was planned to take 30 years.

“There is a £5bn investment but it was planned to take 30 years but with Everton Football Club committed to Bramley Moore Dock it accelerates the regeneration of the North of Liverpool.

“But it just doesn't benefit the North of Liverpool but the whole of Liverpool because Liverpool City Council will benefit hugely from the investment we make and the financial return that we get and that's where the fight against austerity comes in, because the benefit we receive as a City Council enables me to pay for services like social services, keeping Sure Start and libraries open and it's that type of innovation and that type of invest-to-earn and invest-to-save that means we're proud to enter in that deal with Everton Football Club.

“It will stimulate growth and new business in the Liverpool North Dock area, it will compliment and supplement what we're doing with the Ten Streets scheme to the tune of around £300m in business rates and new business rates coming into the city in 10 years' time.

“It will create 10,000 plus jobs, it will accelerate growth, it will bring in investment and it will provide new housing.

“So when people ask: is it a good deal for Liverpool the city and Liverpool City Council? It isn't a good deal for Liverpool City Council, it's a fantastic deal for Liverpool City Council.

250px-Lyle.png

• Upvote 5

I think it's pretty outrageous this, and I'm not even talking as a Liverpool fan.

Ten council is on its arse and a fucking billionaire owned private enterprise that pays people tens of thousands a week is getting my fucking blue bin money. Fuck that fucking shit.

• Upvote 1

He will be long gone as Mayor or having any political influence before this even has a sniff of happening or has any accountability for the absolute failure/meltdown when everyone starts arguing about money. I expect the government will step in if this even got close to a spade in the ground. With the absolute shenanigans around the development of Chinatown and the joke of the St John’s redevelopment I can’t believe this is even being entertained. That somebody at the council (or maybe even Rotherham) hasn’t spoken out about it shows you they’re a bunch of morons. It has the potential to go massively tits up.

The Ev fans are all laughing their tits off now but they won’t be laughing if this buried their club which it almost certainly could do.

He will be long gone as Mayor or having any political influence before this even has a sniff of happening or has any accountability for the absolute failure/meltdown when everyone starts arguing about money. I expect the government will step in if this even got close to a spade in the ground. With the absolute shenanigans around the development of Chinatown and the joke of the St John’s redevelopment I can’t believe this is even being entertained. That somebody at the council (or maybe even Rotherham) hasn’t spoken out about it shows you they’re a bunch of morons. It has the potential to go massively tits up.

The Ev fans are all laughing their tits off now but they won’t be laughing if this buried their club which it almost certainly could do.

Fingers crossed.

This was exactly the words used to me by someone that has connections with senior planners. Ironically a staunch blue. 

Oooooops.

hughes_bigger.jpgMatt Hughes‏ @MattHughesTimes
FollowFollow @MattHughesTimes
More

Romelu Lukaku taking legal advice following Farhad Moshiri's voodoo comments. Belgian striker's representatives say he's "sad and angry" at #Everton owner's claims. Lukaku doesn't believe in voodoo and is a Roman Catholic.

Doesn't explain his choice of fancy dress over Christmas

716hy3-hwRL._AC_UL200_SR119,200_.jpg