You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Former Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has labelled the period during the club's takeover saga last October as 'chaos'.

The Reds were sold to New England Sports Ventures - now known as Fenway Sports Group (FSG) - in October last year following an acrimonious battle with former owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

The saga took its toll on Torres and he left Anfield in January for Premier League rivals Chelsea in January in a £50million move that has left Reds fans with a bitter taste in their mouths.

Torres knew the Merseysiders would need time to rebuild after changing hands and felt he needed to move on in order to maintain his successful career.

"I knew I was an idol for the fans but it wasn't the same any more," he told sports daily Marca.

"The institution was in chaos with the sale. There was all this talk of possible projects.

Business

"In many ways it reminded me of (former club) Atletico Madrid... a great history, many ideas but without money, it needed time. I don't have that.

"People aren't honest in the world of football. You can't say the truth or be clear with people. It's a business and nobody is anyone's friend."

Although Torres has endured an unexpected slow start to life at Stamford Bridge, the Spain international is still pleased to have made the switch.

The 26-year-old has been pleasantly surprised by the camaraderie in Chelsea's camp, stating Liverpool's squad were always serious and rarely open to sharing a joke.

He added: "Chelsea have proved they have top-level players in all departments and that they will always be competitive whatever happens, with an owner who will invest when it is necessary.

"There are more personal relationships and jokes between the players than there were at Liverpool. Everything was much more serious there. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There are more personal relationships and jokes between the players than there were at Liverpool. Everything was much more serious there. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."

fuck torres the prick

but this last part has worried me for a while....

seems we have little "clicks" going on between the players, im sure kenny is sorting out the team spirit and togetherness......but it should never have gone this far.

when your struggling and not playing well you need to stick together.

but still fuck torres fuckin mercenary bastard. he gave up, he forgot to include that in his "article"

Yep it's all buddies at Chelsea, the club captain when he's not happy servicing his team mates birds he'll bring you along to slag American tourists off about the deaths of 3000 innocent people, if that doesn't float your boat Nando the club captain will bring you along for a brawl in a nightclub and then plead innocence and let a reserve take the blame while crying yep crying innocence in the dock.

Least not forgetting if anybody annoys you Ashley can wip out his air gun and put a cap in there ass. Enjoy yourself there you deserve each other

Well it was chaotic there's no denying that. The lad got pissed off, that's understandable. His priority is himself, not his club, we know that. He was in a sulk until he left so he found it too "serious".

The article just repeats two things we already knew; Torres hasn't the bottle for a fight and Hicks and Gillett are cunts.

Why are we even posting and commenting on this rubbish on this site?

It's such a non story it's unreal

Who gives a fuck what he says?

It gives people the opportunity to moan and shout about nothing, which is a pretty essential part of the *f.

Ahh, the much famed Chelsea banter. Rifling team mates birds, literally rifling student members of staff. I wonder what they'll be up to today? Maybe they'll pop down to a Heathrow Airport hotel, get bladdered and laugh at Japanese tourists like a few of them did to Americans after 9/11.

Fuck off and keep your gob shut you tit.

Edited by Randy Marsh

He labels us chaotic ! i label him a souless tranny rentboy. Fuck him 5 games 0 goals and all he can think of is us,who are you trying to convince Nando? or is it andrei shevchenko you like to be called nowadays

Now hold on, thats a bit hard on the lad isnt it, poor old andrei scored a nice goal against city last night.

I had no problem with what he said before the regarding chaos, as lets face it, it was - it's on, it's off, it's in court, it's in the high court, there's in an indjunction, the injunction is lifted, it's on - I don't see how anybody could say otherwise.

In terms of G&H reign, that was chaos as well with the re-finance, numerous take overs which fell through, Rafa, Hodgson, Alonso, Mascherano etc etc. IMO he has a point.

But he can fuck right off with this:

Torres

Really Nando, as others have said, if you claim shooting somebody, sleeping with players girlfriends and mocking tourists after 9/11 is your idea of fun, then your best off elsewhere.

Maybe if you'd made the effort to go on the Xmas Party and other such events, you'd have enjoyed it a bit more.