You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Broughton..Ian Ayre...Christian purslow..Thank You!!

satmann

Huge thanks are owed to Broughton, Purslow and Ayre for their actions on the ownership issue. But Purslow has lacked competence and been unprofessional in dealing with football matters. Personally, I wouldn't keep him as my opinion of him hasn't changed, but it looks like he'll stay on. If he does, he should be kept away from football matters and operate strictly in the business sphere.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purslow seems to have done good things and bad things. Clearly he isn't the bogeyman that a lot of people on here have been making him out to be, and he seems to have played a big role in getting Gerrard and Torres to stay (and signing Cole), but appointing Hodgson has to be seen as a major mistake. On the other hand, if he was confident that this kind of scenario was going to unfold then it is an understandable decision, as it would have been much harder for any new owners to get rid of someone like Kenny or even Pellegrini had they been appointed instead.

I never had any serious doubts about Broughton, personally. My gut feeling was always that he was a professional who could be trusted to do a good job.

Huge thanks are owed to Broughton, Purslow and Ayre for their actions on the ownership issue. But Purslow has lacked competence and been unprofessional in dealing with football matters. Personally, I wouldn't keep him as my opinion of him hasn't changed, but it looks like he'll stay on. If he does, he should be kept away from football matters and operate strictly in the business sphere.

I agree with that really, but as I'm feeling magnanimous will err on the side of working for the yanks he didn't have things too easy. He was trying to do what they wanted, whilst also keeping an eye out for the clubs interest, and potentially looking at his long term position, and dealing with Rafa. You're going to make some mistakes and be a bit of a tit at times with that situation.

I would have thought new owners would want their own man in time, but would be happy enough for Purslow to give it a crack for a while before that happens.

and thanks to everyone who organised marches, emails, songs, those who wrote articles.

l33d684b90000_1_30012.jpg

A Leeds fan in work asked me the other day "all these protests, is there any point?" I could laugh at him and say look what happened to your club but I won't instead I'd say thank fuck for Leeds because their fans didn't know what was going on until it was too late if they hadn't have collapsed in the way they did we possibly would never have known what these two wankers were doing to our club until it was too late.

This football club means the world to me but I have been amazed at the tenacity of better fans than me at getting their club back.

You're fucking amazing.

Now lets beat the toffees.

Martin Broughton - Liverpool Legend

Christian Purse slow - Liverpool Legend

Ian Ayre - Liverpool Legend

Thank you very, very much. Your work was truly exceptional

I'd say a Kop mosaic was in order, maybe even put a splash of blue in it for Broughton? Whatever else they've done or not done, the endgame has been a very professional piece of work.

Not saying I'd organise it like, but willing to turn up on time and hold me card up.