You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Broughton..Ian Ayre...Christian purslow..Thank You!!

satmann

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are not willing to recognise what Purslow has done for this football club now are either extremely stubborn or demented. If it wasn't for Purslow fuck knows what trouble we could have been in.

He couldn't just join the club and come out telling the world that Hicks and Gillet were wankers. He played a cuter game than that & he played it to perfection. No wonder Kenny thinks he's alright! It's because he's alright!

Well done Purslow.

Well done Ayre.

Well done Broughton.

You saved the club! We are in your debt.

Superb analogy.

It's a shite analagy, because whichever end of the seesaw that Purslow jumped on was the side that won. He had to choose between right and wrong. He had to choose between light and dark. He's like Luke Fucking Skywalker and everyone is still dissing him.

You bunch of fucking storm troopers!

People who are not willing to recognise what Purslow has done for this football club now are either extremely stubborn or demented. If it wasn't for Purslow fuck knows what trouble we could have been in.

He couldn't just join the club and come out telling the world that Hicks and Gillet were wankers. He played a cuter game than that & he played it to perfection. No wonder Kenny thinks he's alright! It's because he's alright!

Well done Purslow.

Well done Ayre.

Well done Broughton.

You saved the club! We are in your debt.

Thank fuck, a bit of common sense finally.

Purslow is WWII Italy, wasn't that long ago he was bringing the likes of the Rhone group to hicks to help strengthen their grip on the club, now he's jumped to the new side on top.

Credit to him for any part he played in recent events but I still wouldn't trust him.

The Rhone offer was actually really useful to the sale process (£100 for 40%) because it showed that H+G were ridiculously overvaluing the club, and established a market value of around £250m. Some would say it was a tactical masterpiece given H+G were never going to accept a diluting of their stake in that way!

Played a blinder on the business side of things, agreed, but he's so out of his depth on the footballing side of things, anyone can see that.

We need better, end of.

No, I think we need somebody to compliment his business savvy and get somebody on the board who can concentrate on the football side of things so there is a balance.

Unless you know somebody who can do the two things.

The Rhone offer was actually really useful to the sale process (£100 for 40%) because it showed that H+G were ridiculously overvaluing the club, and established a market value of around £250m. Some would say it was a tactical masterpiece given H+G were never going to accept a diluting of their stake in that way!

Oh right, he was playing the long game!

Guest ShoePiss
No, I think we need somebody to compliment his business savvy and get somebody on the board who can concentrate on the football side of things so there is a balance.

Unless you know somebody who can do the two things.

I agree with this.

These three guys deserve a standing ovation the crowd at the next home game. They have played those two pricks into a corner and fucken devoured them at the top stage in the country the High Court, what they have done for this club cannot be understated.

Never in the yanks or our wildest dreams did anyone think it would end like this. Let us all give credit where credit is due, today Liverpool Football Club was saved from sliding down the slope of oblivion.

Hicks and his prick of mate would have chanced a nine point deduction and the horror of administration, of which the club would have struggled to recover. Today is a good a day as any of us will experience.

Lets celebrate the fact that Broughton, Purslow and Ayres scored a fantastic win for our club and lets never fucken forget it.

It's a shite analagy, because whichever end of the seesaw that Purslow jumped on was the side that won. He had to choose between right and wrong. He had to choose between light and dark. He's like Luke Fucking Skywalker and everyone is still dissing him.

You bunch of fucking storm troopers!

In 2008 MidOcean headed by Christian Purslow sold Graham Packaging Holdings Co. to Hicks Acquisition Company. A year later Purslow became MD of LFC; part owned by one Tom Hicks. Ah i see....

From there on it's revealed Purslow is good friends with Stephen Hester, head of RBS. Oh, so hang on, who's appointed him then? We would only find this out a year after his appointment. Why the lack of clarity over his role and how he came into it? We've been left to make assumptions over that i'm afraid. You must realise that supporters are low on the list of priorities at modern day LFC.

The supporters union tries to engage in some dialogue with Purslow to get a clearer idea of what he's about. Unfortunately he uses this opportunity to try and discredit the union. He tries to tell us that the money from player sales is going back into the team. The figures simply do not add up, unless you fudge them like Christian has, politician like it has to be said.

Journalists visiting the press room at Anfield quickly begin to dislike Purslow. From within the club he's been described as Forrest Gump like. His fellow peers, the chief executives around the Premier League have as yet failed to recognise him as a proper CEO. Is his role still temporary or is it a permanent role now? Clarity - we're getting none. Why?

He sets about using the media to undermine the managers position at the club. He labels the union 'Sons of Strikers'. He's horning in on press conferences and TV interviews. Who the fuck is this guy and what is he doing? Well he's failed in his remit to find new investment. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Honestly? No idea now.

Incompetent or devious? I cannot get my head around him, i do not want to have to either. After the past 3 years and this year in particular i just simply want him gone with the rest of this regime. What an unmitigated mess it has been of which Purslow has played a part in. As a mere supporter I just want some sort of normality coming from the football club i follow, a bit of clarity, a few reassurances from the right people. I don't want to have to now try and trust people who have at times betrayed my trust as a supporter.

Let's celebrate today now that the club finally has an opportunity to move forward.

Let's not throw away all our concerns though, if we've learned anything from the past 3 years.

Fucking great day.

Broughton seems to be the major factor in this. The reconstituted board as a condition of his appointment appears to have been the single biggest gamebreaker. He seemed to keep his profile reasonably low and his head quite cool pending the arrival of a "suitable" (let's not count any chickens) bid. It would appear Broughton has conducted something of a corporate masterclass and taken Hicks to school with it.

To me, Purslow today reminds me of Josemi being next to Gerrard on all the photos after the European Cup win.

What exactly has he done? Remind me. Not get investment for the Yanks? You think that was on purpose? Hahaha!

Fair play, he voted the way every other Liverpool would have when it counted, everything else was Broughton. Well done. Now he can leave.

Classic that is mate, pissing myself (how funny would it be to see Purslow doing that at Anfield).

A huge debt of gratitude is owed by all of us for the part played by Broughton, Purslow and Ayres, they have rescued us from the verge of bankruptcy. I believe RBS allowed the situation to go on for too long, but they and BarCap seem to have played a blinder by shifting the power and final say to Broughton when he was appointed. The fact C and A have lost £144m between them to boot makes it even sweeter.