You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We desperately needed a rightback so they've signed an England international experienced rightback and people are moaning.

Darby is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and Kelly isn't ready. We don't want to have to rely on Kelly for 45 games when he's not ready and he ends up with his confidence shattered like what happened with Insua.

Young will be here for 2 years, will cover fullback on both sides and centreback and by the time he's finished Kelly should be ready

Jobs a good un, you hysterical tarts

P.S. No one knows how much money we've got to spend but if Hodgson says he wants a rightback and will pay £2.5m for him you have to appreciate our manager sees this as a priority

This, youngsters dont usually get a look in with Roy, Hodgson is usually only at a club for 2/3 years, so he likes his journey men. Can you imagine him replacing Masch.

Poulsen here we come.

Well do you imagine he will be here for longer than 2/3 years?

Stabilizing the ship until new owners can be found would be grand in my opinion.

We desperately needed a rightback so they've signed an England international experienced rightback and people are moaning.

Darby is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and Kelly isn't ready. We don't want to have to rely on Kelly for 45 games when he's not ready and he ends up with his confidence shattered like what happened with Insua.

Young will be here for 2 years, will cover fullback on both sides and centreback and by the time he's finished Kelly should be ready

P.S. No one knows how much money we've got to spend but if Hodgson says he wants a rightback and will pay £2.5m for him you have to appreciate our manager sees this as a priority

Thing is though, we don't need a right back, we need a left back. And a good one. Luke Young is awful. Would rather we got Warnock back.

To be honest most saying hes good or shit on here are basing their opinion on next to nothing. Seriously how many can actually say they've seen extensive footage of him to pass comment? Villa usually play at the same time and day as us and unless they're playing one of the big boys, are rarely on t.v. The villa fans are generally of the opinion that he's a good enough player and a decent signing for us. Every side has these type of squad player, christ John o Shea isn't a world beater but does a job when asked

To be honest most saying hes good or shit on here are basing their opinion on next to nothing. Seriously how many can actually say they've seen extensive footage of him to pass comment? Villa usually play at the same time and day as us and unless they're playing one of the big boys, are rarely on t.v. The villa fans are generally of the opinion that he's a good enough player and a decent signing for us. Every side has these type of squad player, christ John o Shea isn't a world beater but does a job when asked

He's been in the league for over 10 years!

That's up there with the maddest post ever.

I agree with this,, my initial reaction was FFS, but the more I think about it i'm agreeing he'll be a decent addition providing we still buy a first choice left back, the Insua comparison is good he was totally exposed with to many games.

Johnson is injury prone so is Kelly at the moment, Darby IMO is'nt ready and i think could do with a move maybe on loan to a top champioinship team or a Blackpool type to see what he's made of, which I think he'll struggle at but I think he'll be a good championship player.

And Degen is fuckin shit, so before people all start slaughtering Roy over Young, Remember Rafa bought Josemi, Kromkamp and Philip Degen, who when you take playing time into account is the best paid player in the clubs history.

Degen out Darby on loan, young is a good replacement

Edited by Trucker Paddy

We needed cover for both full back positions. Johnson and whoever we're getting at left back can't play all season. We can't have Kelly and Mavinga as our most senior back ups for those positions. Luke Young is a versatile, decent player with Premier League experience who's not going to moan about his role. He's English as well so that counts towards the quota.

Did anyone expect us to sign a back up full back for big money? This really isn't a reason to go into meltdown. I actually like this signing, as it doesn't force Kelly to be thrown in whenever Johnson is injured, yet it doesn't necessarily reduces his chances of getting games.

I predict 7 pages of "he's a cunt, no you are, Roy is, Rafa would've been slaughtered if he'd signed him, it's only a rumour, fuck rumours, fuck you, no fuck you, fuck me, fuck Young, I like fucking birds, fuck me no, he's OK, no he isn't, resign Riise for that money, fuck Riise off, we need a left back, fuck the owners, sack Roy, I'm going to kill myself, I'm going to hang myself, I'm well hung"....

Possibly.

It's at 8 pages now but apart from that you're right. The level of bad retardation on here is quite scary at the moment.

Guest Pistonbroke

Spot on.

Young can cover both full back positions and allows us to release Degen and not put pressure on Kelly.

I personally wouldn't sign Young but i can see the merit in doing so.

An experienced England international for a low price.

At Fulham Hodgson had a rep for bringing the best out of players so hopefully he can do the same with Young.